WTA News & Gossip 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Strasburg Tournament SF,

Good to see Svitolina on her come back to the tour from maternity leave making a SF she will be playing a French player C.Bural
L. Davis (7) vs A. Blinkova

Morocco Tournament SF,

S. Stephens vs L. Bronzetti
J.Grahber vs J.Riera

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Strasburg Tournament SF,

Good to see Svitolina on her come back to the tour from maternity leave making a SF she will be playing a French player C.Bural
L. Davis (7) vs A. Blinkova

Morocco Tournament SF,

S. Stephens vs L. Bronzetti
J.Grahber vs J.Riera
I told y'all bout Sloane but maybe she is saving herself for RG and Plisokva next week

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Morocco Tournament SF results,
L. Bronzetti d S. Stephens (2) 61 61
J. Grabher d J. Riera 61 36 76(6)

Final tomorrow,
L. Bronzetti vs J. Grabher

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Morocco Tournament SF results,
L. Bronzetti d S. Stephens (2) 61 61
J. Grabher d J. Riera 61 36 76(6)

Final tomorrow,
L. Bronzetti vs J. Grabher
Bronzetti won in 3. She served for it in the 2nd, but Grabher got it back on serve with a somewhat controversial line-call/decision against hinderance. Bronzetti finally put it right in the 3rd. Pretty good match.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Svitolina beat Blinkova for the title in Strasbourg, her first back from maternity break. No handshake at the net between the Ukrainian and the Russian. No idea...TC only showed the MP.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Svitolina beat Blinkova for the title in Strasbourg, her first back from maternity break. No handshake at the net between the Ukrainian and the Russian. No idea...TC only showed the MP.
17th career title for Elina and her first as a mum! ( I am not surprised there wasnt a handskake, that is the norm at the moment in the WTA)
Elina will be donating her prize money to the children in Ukraine in the war times, the children suffer the most, a great gesture from Elina

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Bronzetti won in 3. She served for it in the 2nd, but Grabher got it back on serve with a somewhat controversial line-call/decision against hinderance. Bronzetti finally put it right in the 3rd. Pretty good match.
And then Bronzetti promptly departs RG after a SS loss to minister of happiness

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Elina like Tsurenko and Kostyk won't shake hands any Russian or Bela Russian player

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I was wondering if Vee would play on the grass. Good news. You have to think this will be her last grass season
Agree I also feel this would be her last grass season, there have been rumors Vee will retire at this years USO ? dont know about that

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She should retire now,I love Vee but she has overstayed.I hate to see her losing to some scrub,who will make a name for herself for beating a middle-aged tennis player.
I take your point, but I guess Vee will retire on her own terms, she has always loved the grass

Reactions: Moxie
Status
Not open for further replies.