WTA News & Gossip 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Coco Gauff: One of the Favorites to Win the 2023 French Open

Gauff, 19, a 2022 French Open finalist whose world ranking has risen to 6th after making it to the 4th round of the Australian Open, has improved her result in every tournament she has entered so far in 2023. She made it to the semifinals at Dubai, as well as the quarterfinals at Qatar and Indian Wells.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Gauff, 19, a 2022 French Open finalist whose world ranking has risen to 6th after making it to the 4th round of the Australian Open, has improved her result in every tournament she has entered so far in 2023. She made it to the semifinals at Dubai, as well as the quarterfinals at Qatar and Indian Wells.
Where did you get that news from? her current game she wont be a favorite I can assure you

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Give the kid a break,and her time will come.Clay is her favorite surface and she reached the final,so chances of winning are there.Coco is still building her game and once everything falls into place that's when she wins.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Give the kid a break,and her time will come.Clay is her favorite surface and she reached the final,so chances of winning are there.Coco is still building her game and once everything falls into place that's when she wins.
I lilke Coco, still at present there are large holes in her game, lets be fair about that, she is young and has plenty of time to improve, I also feel she is under tremendous pressure from the media after Serena retired to be the " the next big American Star', regardless if clay is her best surface, she is not going to magically improve in vital area's of her game, the FH for starters.
Lets wait for the clay season, though for anyone to suggest she is one of the favorites, at RG, just because she made the final last year, is putting the horse before the carriage

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I lilke Coco, still at present there are large holes in her game, lets be fair about that, she is young and has plenty of time to improve, I also feel she is under tremendous pressure from the media after Serena retired to be the " the next big American Star', regardless if clay is her best surface, she is not going to magically improve in vital area's of her game, the FH for starters.
Lets wait for the clay season, though for anyone to suggest she is one of the favorites, at RG, just because she made the final last year, is putting the horse before the carriage
I think her time will come,and her parents are aware of her shortcomings.She is way better than most of the players in her age group.Coco will never be like Serena ,she is her own person and her time will come.She is way better than that fluke called Raducanu.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
WTA Top Ten Monday 3rd April,

1. Swiatek
2. Sabalenka
3. Pegula
4. Garcia
5. Jabeur
6. Gauff
7. Rybakina
8 Kasatkina
9. Sakkari (+1)
10. Kvitova (+2)

Biggest movers,
29. Mertens (+10)
40. Collins (-10)
41. Cirstea.....who had a wonderful Miami tournament, well done!

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie and kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think I did post earlier the retired player Carla Suarez Navarro was expecting, she announced via twitter she is expecting twins later this year! double trouble for Carla and her partner I wish them well and a safe birth later this year

Reactions: Moxie and kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
More engagement news,
Shelby Rogers has announced she recently got engaged to her boy friend John Slavik, an American ice hokey professional player, they have been together since 2020.

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Charleston Open,2023

This marks the return of Elina Svitolina who was given a WC ( Elina gave birth to a baby girl, October 2023)
Aryna Sabalenka has withdrawn due to a leg injury she sustained in Miami

Jess Pegula is the top seed.

Good win from 17 year old Czech Linda Fruhvirtova 26 63 62 over the 14th seed Jil Teichmann

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Garbine Muguruza is taking a sabatical:
FszUkwsXoAA6obJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.