US Politics Thread

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Naive, you think people are stupid? dodging the real issue, same old...i think people see it from miles away. You can't get away with it these days; you made mistakes in the past and you want to just sugar-coat them all and move on as if nothing happened?

if only life was so simple, good for you to be simplistic.

I'm not sure you get to define what the "real" issue is. The electorate will make that determination. A secretive, establishment candidate who is manifestly up to the job. Or a showman with no experience, who is happy to seek the basest emotions from his voters. We don't know what relationship he has with the biggest rival the US has at the moment, but he seems supportive of Putin in a way that would have been almost treasonous a few decades ago. We'll see on Nov 9th what voters think

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not sure you get to define what the "real" issue is. The electorate will make that determination. A secretive, establishment candidate who is manifestly up to the job. Or a showman with no experience, who is happy to seek the basest emotions from his voters. We don't know what relationship he has with the biggest rival the US has at the moment, but he seems supportive of Putin in a way that would have been almost treasonous a few decades ago. We'll see on Nov 9th what voters think

funny how you comment that Trump seeks basest emotions when your own thoughts are so primitive and overly simplistic. in any case if you think that is not a real issue then its just you being you again.

i am curious to see if voters will buy into nice-presentation and pretty words, or not.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
funny how you comment that Trump seeks basest emotions when your own thoughts are so primitive and overly simplistic. in any case if you think that is not a real issue then its just you being you again.

i am curious to see if voters will buy into nice-presentation and pretty words, or not.

I would ask you to elaborate, but what would be the point. This will be redundant tomorrow :facepalm:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I would never consider Trump, i would've thought....if there wasn't another worse candidate. But you've already made up your mind that any criticism one may have for Clinton is 'nit pick', there is no point going into too much detailed discussion with you. Do i think he is fit for the job? stating the obvious, he is firstly unproven and he is a risk. But as everyone can see, just about every media has chipped in on how bad Trump can be if he gets elected, they pretty much mapped out the worst scenario....and this kind of one-sided favouritism i've never seen or heard of before, perhaps only in communist countries. Maybe i am wrong, but a lot of voters might be unimpressed by such one-sided beat up of a candidate and maybe they think the Clinton campaign is behind this pulling all the strings.

It may impact Clinton negatively, my gut feeling.

The media machine... all the main US broadsheets and most of the Social Media Channels have been behind Clinton from the beginning.

If Trump won this election it would actually be pretty incredible based on what he's working against.

Like you, I have major misgivings about Trump... but huge misgivings about Clinton. I look at foreign policy primarily... and Clinton is a frightening proposition.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^I can't understand how you can have any confidence in Trump's foreign policy, it's an unknown unknown, and nothing about his prognostications in the area should give anyone any confidence. Quite the opposite actually. I find it remarkable that there's this faith that his team will straighten him out. I've heard that said any number of times. There is no evidence to support that at all

As for Clinton's, like you I'm not enthused about interventionism, but I think she's a good deal more pragmatic and assertive than perhaps she's given credit for. It's not clear to me that the foreign policy during her stay as Secretary of State was entirely of her own making. The fiasco in Syria is a classic example of how weak Obama's foreign policy has been, I doubt HRC would have allowed things to play out in quite that way

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^I can't understand how you can have any confidence in Trump's foreign policy, it's an unknown unknown, and nothing about his prognostications in the area should give anyone any confidence. Quite the opposite actually. I find it remarkable that there's this faith that his team will straighten him out. I've heard that said any number of times. There is no evidence to support that at all

As for Clinton's, like you I'm not enthused about interventionism, but I think she's a good deal more pragmatic and assertive than perhaps she's given credit for. It's not clear to me that the foreign policy during her stay as Secretary of State was entirely of her own making. The fiasco in Syria is a classic example of how weak Obama's foreign policy has been, I doubt HRC would have allowed things to play out in quite that way

you might want to stop stating the obvious all the time and post everything skin-deep.

and what's that rubbish about Clinton being this and that? she gets credit when something goes well and she has nothing to do with it when it goes bad. Now its Ok you support her, i get it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
you might want to stop stating the obvious all the time and post everything skin-deep.

and what's that rubbish about Clinton being this and that? she gets credit when something goes well and she has nothing to do with it when it goes bad. Now its Ok you support her, i get it.
It's sad and obvious that you don't make any sense, and that your #1 deal breaker is that you despise women. That's been patently obvious as long as you've participated on any of the boards. So sad for you, as it makes for a lonely life, I'm sure. At least you can't vote in our elections. I'm sure you're going to enjoy the TrumpTV that will evolve from this election cycle, sponsored by Breitbart. It will speak straight to the easily inflamed and unenlightened. Have fun.

Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions

Please read what you just wrote. Tell me if even you think you made any sense

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

The left sided with Soviet Russia consistently throughout the Cold War you ignoramus. The New York Times covered up Stalin's crimes (look up Walter Duranty). They constantly apologized for Soviet Russia. The only reason they don't like Russia now is that Putin opposes gay marriage. He is too intelligent and too rational to be for gay rights. And Russia is not the one hacking Podesta's emails; it is disgruntled U.S. intelligence officials who are doing that.

Hillary has been wrong on everything consistently throughout her career. Her mistakes are being excused and glossed over simply because she is a woman with a social agenda that dimwits like yourself agree with.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's sad and obvious that you don't make any sense, and that your #1 deal breaker is that you despise women. That's been patently obvious as long as you've participated on any of the boards. So sad for you, as it makes for a lonely life, I'm sure. At least you can't vote in our elections. I'm sure you're going to enjoy the TrumpTV that will evolve from this election cycle, sponsored by Breitbart. It will speak straight to the easily inflamed and unenlightened. Have fun.

You yourself are unenlightened and ignorant. You have no standing to tell anyone that they do not understand the world. You have consistently demonstrated ignorance of every significant issue. You know nothing.

Reactions: Moxie

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Well, let's see. Maybe Trump wants to have amicable relations with a country that has a nuclear arsenal instead of antagonizing it over transgender bathrooms, Syrian airspaces, and protecting Russian populations in Eastern Europe.

Trump is a foreign policy realist who makes cost-benefit analysis. Hillary is George Bush-like ideologue who wants to transform the Middle East and usher in regime change.

The fiasco in Syria is a classic example of how weak Obama's foreign policy has been, I doubt HRC would have allowed things to play out in quite that way

She would have made it worse by giving even more support and inspiration to the head-chopping fanatics.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^Lol! Still with the insults. It doesn't make your case more cogent. It just exposes your immaturity:facepalm: But you'll learn that when you grow up. Thankfully this whole thing will be over one way or another tomorrow!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You yourself are unenlightened and ignorant. You have no standing to tell anyone that they do not understand the world. You have consistently demonstrated ignorance of every significant issue. You know nothing.
LOL!

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

as i said already, you are incapable of understanding anything, and you obviously carry this cheap attitude......people who don't endorse Clinton are.... women haters, nit pickers, mysoginists, whatever you name it.

Bottom line, i despise people who are cheap and dishonest. So they screwed up Syria and thousands of lives and sh!t like you said 'but it's only one country when there are many', yeah like i said before i think you are a piece of sh!t, ready to say anything as long as it is in your interest, fits your agenda or in line with who you support (Obama/Clinton admin).

Just like Hillary herself, never the truth as long as it benefits her, herself only.

I don't know what you do for a living, my guess is job that requires little brain and obviously you've never been to the real world, but as far as 'despise women' goes, all the staff except one in my company are women (that makes 8 women + one guy) of various backgrounds. I'd still say men are technically more advanced than women (in general, by nature and i don't care i get labelled whatever for saying this), but women bring value to the business in different ways so i prefer hiring them.

Now you can shove your gender and race card up urs, its a fashionable thing to say for silly teenagers but in the real world, many are growing sick of it.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^Lol! Still with the insults. It doesn't make your case more cogent. It just exposes your immaturity:facepalm: But you'll learn that when you grow up. Thankfully this whole thing will be over one way or another tomorrow!

he insulted when? you still indulge in your 'oh when you grow up' thing? same old.

one trick pony heh?

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

she is Moxie, and we all know how she operates. She is two things, firstly brainless, that we know even from her tennis posts. Secondly agenda driven, as long as it benefits her argument.

Watch out, either a gender or race card will be thrown your way when she loses an argument/things don't go her way.

Another one trick pony, makes a pair of them hehe

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
he insulted when? you still indulge in your 'oh when you grow up' thing? same old.

one trick pony heh?

Yet again you prove your lack of intellect for all to see. You can't possibly this dense. Can you read? I feel so embarrassed on your behalf

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
you are not referring to Cali's post " You yourself are unenlightened and ignorant. You have no standing to tell anyone that they do not understand the world. You have consistently demonstrated ignorance of every significant issue. You know nothing."

or are you, pony?

he re-redirected Moxie's insult right back at her, but oh no you wouldn't acknowledge that fact even if it's right in front of your face.

Typical Clinton pony.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
you are not referring to Cali's post " You yourself are unenlightened and ignorant. You have no standing to tell anyone that they do not understand the world. You have consistently demonstrated ignorance of every significant issue. You know nothing."

or are you, pony?

he re-redirected Moxie's insult right back at her, but oh no you wouldn't acknowledge that fact even if it's right in front of your face.

Typical Clinton pony.

Sigh.. You keep doing this to yourself. I guess your helper's not with you, so let me assist. Don't expect this from me all the time though!

[QUOTE="calitennis127, post: 37087, member: 23"]The left sided with Soviet Russia consistently throughout the Cold War you ignoramus. The New York Times covered up Stalin's crimes (look up Walter Duranty). They constantly apologized for Soviet Russia. The only reason they don't like Russia now is that Putin opposes gay marriage. He is too intelligent and too rational to be for gay rights. And Russia is not the one hacking Podesta's emails; it is disgruntled U.S. intelligence officials who are doing that.

Hillary has been wrong on everything consistently throughout her career. Her mistakes are being excused and glossed over simply because she is a woman with a social agenda
that dimwits like yourself agree with.[/QUOTE]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46