US Politics Thread

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Desanti seems to come across as such a boring humorless guy, the Trump who eviscerated Mark Rubio, Jeb Bush & Ted Cruz will have a piñata day with him.
Personally, I hope Trumps does get the nomination — it would assure a victory for the Democrats. Again.

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Personally, I hope Trumps does get the nomination — it would assure a victory for the Democrats. Again.

Truly, you can only hope! This fk'n country shows its ignorance & stupidity all too often! We're almost described as "insane" looking for different results doing the same stupid thing! Lowering of taxes come to mind! And we wonder why the Nat'l Debt is over $30 T when it was under $6 w/ Clinton actually paying it down! Our own need to be right depending on our politics is not so slowly turning us into a Banana Republic! You can't get much worse than electing a creature like Trump! I never want to hear ANYTHING from women talking about a lack of representation when they had a chance to elect our first female president! They are the ones who elected that lying scumbag who tainted & undermined every institution possible; from his own office to Justice & State Dept.! We're fk'n doomed! :fearful-face: :face-with-symbols-on-mouth::anxious-face-with-sweat:

Last edited:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Grand Jury Votes to Indict Donald Trump

IMG_2154.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
he's getting zero resistance from his rivals. It's ironic, Trump won in '16 because he truly didn't give a fuck. And that came off as authentic to the base. All of the Haley's and De Santis's of this world are trying to Jeb Bush their way to the candidacy. If just one of them went full psycho on Trump there's a good chance they would either win it all or at least fatally damage Trump. But there's not a pair between the whole lot of them. If a conventional GOP candidate came out of it, they would have a better than 50/50 chance of winning it all. Instead it's looking like it'll be a procession for Trump. And I fully believe that Biden will beat Trump again, and it won't be close this time. The odd thing about Biden is that everyone is utterly unenthused about him, but they'll vote for him nevertheless. He truly is the anti-Trump

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425 and tented

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I'll believe something will happen after he's actually dragged in, fingerprinted, w/ a bond set on his arse! He's been skating thru since the 70's! :)

Well, so it begins! Trump was finger-printed & arraigned today in NY! There are 34 felony counts in the indictment! Nothing else happens until Dec.!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, so it begins! Trump was finger-printed & arraigned today in NY! There are 34 felony counts in the indictment! Nothing else happens until Dec.!
Hopefully, charges in the other cases (SC and Fed) come in in the meantime. Trump will make political hay out of this one.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Having read the indictments I have to say these don’t strike me as substantial enough to go after a former President. I really hope the inevitable narrative of malicious prosecution doesn’t taint the more important cases to come. Definitely seems like Bragg was in the right track not proceeding earlier

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
On another note what kind of vegan hippie shite is Jill Biden trying to cook up with this participation trophy crap. Well done Caitlin for making it plain it’s not appropriate. Frankly I don’t blame Angela Reese for her come back. That’s the sort of dum fuckery that filters into the general consciousness.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
On another note what kind of vegan hippie shite is Jill Biden trying to cook up with this participation trophy crap. Well done Caitlin for making it plain it’s not appropriate. Frankly I don’t blame Angela Reese for her come back. That’s the sort of dum fuckery that filters into the general consciousness.
What news do you listen to? I have no idea what this even means.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions

I'm a bit more awake now, so let me expand on this...

Caitlin Clark is a college player who's sort of like a female version of Steph Curry. Certainly her run in these championships have been very similar to what he did at Davidson. Anyway.. she's fully capable of making trash talking signals on the court. Nothing wrong with that. In the finals, she was easily the best player on the court, but her team lost to a better overall team. One of the girls on the other team... Angela Reese was making trash talking signals at her. Some might even suggest it was excessive for a player who wasn't the difference maker. But it was her right, particularly as Caitlin had been doing the same to others. This made twitter go crazy, with many folks suggesting that Angela was being classless. It's sport. If you give it, you have to be able to take it - and in Caitlin's defence she took it. But there was a section of twitter world who weren't happy about it. Some have suggested that because Caitlin is white and Angela is black that there was a racial component. Maybe, maybe not. Let's get real, for a segment of those calling Angela classless there almost certainly was a racial component. Anyway.. enter Jill Biden. Suggesting that not only the winning team, but Caitlin's losing team should also be invited to the White House. I found that to be an utterly moronic intervention. That visit to the White House is a tradition for the winning team. I don't know if Biden was suggesting this because it was girls. Either way it's a very very bad look in my view. It sends the wrong message on multiple levels. I was disgusted. Anyway Caitlin defended Angela and also discouraged the idea of a losing team getting an invite. Meanwhile Angela, who definitely has a chip on her shoulder, said maybe her winning team would go visit the Obama's instead :D

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This is only the beginning. Wait til Georgia gets done prosecuting his whinny punk azz..

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
on another note, the Democratic win for the Wisconsin State Supreme Court is a big big deal. They now control that court. It'll be harder for GOP gerrymandering there now. This makes it tougher for the GOP to take back the WH in '24 I reckon. The fact that they got that win with voters seeing what was happening to Trump is noteworthy. I imagine that the Trump indictment situation as well as the abortion issue were significant factors in the voting. That's bad news for Republicans

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46