US Politics Thread

tented

Administrator
Reactions
on another note, the Democratic win for the Wisconsin State Supreme Court is a big big deal. They now control that court. It'll be harder for GOP gerrymandering there now. This makes it tougher for the GOP to take back the WH in '24 I reckon. The fact that they got that win with voters seeing what was happening to Trump is noteworthy. I imagine that the Trump indictment situation as well as the abortion issue were significant factors in the voting. That's bad news for Republicans
A commentator on morning news put it well, when addressing the question of what it will take to get people to turn away from Trump: Republicans are going to have to keep losing. Even my father — a lifelong conservative Republican — has seen the light, and recently said he blames Trump for the 2020 & 2022 losses.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I'm a bit more awake now, so let me expand on this...

Caitlin Clark is a college player who's sort of like a female version of Steph Curry. Certainly her run in these championships have been very similar to what he did at Davidson. Anyway.. she's fully capable of making trash talking signals on the court. Nothing wrong with that. In the finals, she was easily the best player on the court, but her team lost to a better overall team. One of the girls on the other team... Angela Reese was making trash talking signals at her. Some might even suggest it was excessive for a player who wasn't the difference maker. But it was her right, particularly as Caitlin had been doing the same to others. This made twitter go crazy, with many folks suggesting that Angela was being classless. It's sport. If you give it, you have to be able to take it - and in Caitlin's defense she took it. But there was a section of twitter world who weren't happy about it. Some have suggested that because Caitlin is white and Angela is black that there was a racial component. Maybe, maybe not. Let's get real, for a segment of those calling Angela classless there almost certainly was a racial component. Anyway.. enter Jill Biden. Suggesting that not only the winning team, but Caitlin's losing team should also be invited to the White House. I found that to be an utterly moronic intervention. That visit to the White House is a tradition for the winning team. I don't know if Biden was suggesting this because it was girls. Either way it's a very very bad look in my view. It sends the wrong message on multiple levels. I was disgusted. Anyway Caitlin defended Angela and also discouraged the idea of a losing team getting an invite. Meanwhile Angela, who definitely has a chip on her shoulder, said maybe her winning team would go visit the Obama's instead :D

Well, women should be so proud of themselves! They can be just as much the classless a-#ole any other male athlete can be! Congrats! :anxious-face-with-sweat: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
A commentator on morning news put it well, when addressing the question of what it will take to get people to turn away from Trump: Republicans are going to have to keep losing. Even my father — a lifelong conservative Republican — has seen the light, and recently said he blames Trump for the 2020 & 2022 losses.
It started in 2018! They've been losing ground ever since Trump won, but not enuf! They still took back Congress! They hold the purse strings! :anxious-face-with-sweat:

Last edited:
Reactions: tented

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I hope so mate, but I'll believe it when I see it. I remember all the stuff he was saying during the Mueller Investigation.
This is TRUE.. Robert Mueller investigation was the most overblown event since the opening of the 1930s Chicago gangster Al Capone's vault by Geraldo Rivera . I still want to sue that clown for wasting 3 hours of my life

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
This is TRUE.. Robert Mueller investigation was the most overblown event since the opening of the 1930s Chicago gangster Al Capone's vault by Geraldo Rivera . I still want to sue that clown for wasting 3 hours of my life

I don't think he ever recovered from that show! I feel for you! I channel surfed b/c I had a feeling it was going to be an epic fail! They found an old pop bottle if anything IIRC! It was ridiculous! :fearful-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::anxious-face-with-sweat::yawningface::face-with-tears-of-joy:

• Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
1680724996698.jpeg

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

It shows stupidity goes all the way to the top! As much a flim flam man, he gets attorneys sucked into his cases knowing he's going to be problematic! They were cringing as he couldn't help himself making a statement when he got back to Fla.! He freely admitted papers he keeps can be declassified! These guys are still banging their heads against door-jams! :fearful-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::yawningface::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It seems Republicans are determined to use abortion to hang themselves. It's truly fascinating to watch...

tented

Administrator
Reactions
It seems Republicans are determined to use abortion to hang themselves. It's truly fascinating to watch...

The self-described “less government” Party which can’t stop inserting themselves into peoples’ private lives. :rolleyes:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
But the populous' such that they insanely keep giving them power! Running Congress, nothing will get done or laws passed! We're such idiots! :fearful-face:
let's face it, they're both bat shit crazy parties. One party can't even tell you what a woman is. The other doesn't feel real women have the right to make decisions about their own bodies. It's the difference between swallowing poison off jumping off a cliff...

Reactions: tented and Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
let's face it, they're both bat shit crazy parties. One party can't even tell you what a woman is. The other doesn't feel real women have the right to make decisions about their own bodies. It's the difference between swallowing poison off jumping off a cliff...

One party is more malicious w/ hate! The Dems may be just as screwed up, but they aren't purposefully screwing over the people! Conservatives are really a lot more malevolent not caring the consequences of their actions! Why keep fooling around w/ our credit rating, shutting the gov't down periodically? Sick AF MF'rs! Republicans have so much HATE in their heart twisting anything liberals do, I'm gonna give it right back! At my age, there's no time for forgiveness! You have to want to repent and make things right! They just don't GAF, so neither do I! I'm so done! I'll just watch as they destroy just about everything! :yawningface: :anxious-face-with-sweat::thinking-face::angry-face::face-with-symbols-on-mouth:

Last edited:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
One party is more malicious w/ hate! The Dems may be just as screwed up, but they aren't purposefully screwing over the people! Conservatives are really a lot more malevolent not caring the consequences of their actions! Why keep fooling around w/ our credit rating, shutting the gov't down periodically? Sick AF MF'rs! Republicans have so much HATE in their heart twisting anything liberals do, I'm gonna give it right back! At my age, there's no time for forgiveness! You have to want to repent and make things right! They just don't GAF, so neither do I! I'm so done! I'll just watch as they destroy just about everything! :yawningface: :anxious-face-with-sweat::thinking-face::angry-face::face-with-symbols-on-mouth:
it seems like their main motivation is to 'own the libs' which is not much of a plan. They need to be beaten badly for a few cycles to change their ways

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
it seems like their main motivation is to 'own the libs' which is not much of a plan. They need to be beaten badly for a few cycles to change their ways

Dems have been beating "Repuklicans" the last 3 cycles of elections, but not enough to make it hurt! The country's so polarized that the mess will continue for a lot longer; until something really catastrophic occurs to make them all act right! Cov-19 wasn't enough so I'm not hopeful! :thinking-face::face-with-symbols-on-mouth:

Reactions: Moxie and Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Can't believe how dumb DeSantis is being with this abortion thing. It's not even clear it's going to play that well amongst Republicans. Yes it'll work for the base, but at this point it's becoming less and less certain that's even reflective of the larger GOP. Extremely bad politics!

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Can't believe how dumb DeSantis is being with this abortion thing. It's not even clear it's going to play that well amongst Republicans. Yes it'll work for the base, but at this point it's becoming less and less certain that's even reflective of the larger GOP. Extremely bad politics!
His career is heading towards a dead end: he’s in his second term as governor (therefore can’t run again) and he’s not going to beat Trump in the primary. His only option going forward would be the Senate, but that would mean running against one of the two Republicans already in office. In other words, his future is Florida or bust, so he’s playing it safe there.

Reactions: Moxie

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
His career is heading towards a dead end: he’s in his second term as governor (therefore can’t run again) and he’s not going to beat Trump in the primary. His only option going forward would be the Senate, but that would mean running against one of the two Republicans already in office. In other words, his future is Florida or bust, so he’s playing it safe there.
very true, but he. should be looking at a scenario where Trump drops out for some reason. This stuff he's doing is not winning politics at the national level. It's just dumb...

Reactions: Moxie and tented

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

Name a smart Republican! Lucky I've ceased caring as the abortion issue has set women back 50 years! They did it to themselves so I'm gonna laugh in their faces when they wonder "what happened?" I'd tell 'em; "you dumb b!tch! You voted for Trump over one of your own!" :facepalm: :thinking-face::yawningface::angry-face:

Reactions: Moxie
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46