US Politics Thread

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I've been a little queasy about everyone talking about how the streets would have erupted in violence had Chauvin been acquitted. Surely, anger would have been expressed. But what I'm worried about now is white supremacist backlash. No one is mentioning THAT possibility.
Yes ma'am..they are talking about the White supremacists backlash..Just as January 6, 2021 in DC insurrection t's not considered a "problem" in the two Americas we currently reside in. If it's burning property, it will be done by some of the same white supremacists instigators e.g. Proud Boys , Oath keepers and Boogaloo Boys. Still this country does not view them as a threat because it's just White Privilege/ Entitlement. How many times did I say that last year and we all seen it on full display during the insurrection.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes ma'am..they are talking about the White supremacists backlash..Just as January 6, 2021 in DC insurrection t's not considered a "problem" in the two Americas we currently reside in. If it's burning property, it will be done by some of the same white supremacists instigators e.g. Proud Boys , Oath keepers and Boogaloo Boys. Still this country does not view them as a threat because it's just White Privilege/ Entitlement. How many times did I say that last year and we all seen it on full display during the insurrection.
Exactly right. The problem is that most people in this country don't understand that the Justice Department has recognized the biggest domestic terrorist threat in this country as the White Supremacists, in their various iterations. Most still think, (because Fox News tells them,) that African Americans and Antifa burning businesses is the biggest problem. Today was the 25th anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing. I remember a woman on the street being interviewed after McVey and the other one (that no one remembers) were identified as the bombers and she said, "Well, thank God at least that they weren't terrorists." She thought terrorists were Muslim people from the Middle East. I think that notion still exists. Or at least that Antifa is, but white people certainly aren't terrorists. I think there are a still a lot of people that don't think that the storming of the Capitol on 1/06 was an act of terrorism and insurrection. White people don't do that, right? They just exercise their rights. And freedom of speech. SMH.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Exactly right. The problem is that most people in this country don't understand that the Justice Department has recognized the biggest domestic terrorist threat in this country as the White Supremacists, in their various iterations. Most still think, (because Fox News tells them,) that African Americans and Antifa burning businesses is the biggest problem. Today was the 25th anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing. I remember a woman on the street being interviewed after McVey and the other one (that no one remembers) were identified as the bombers and she said, "Well, thank God at least that they weren't terrorists." She thought terrorists were Muslim people from the Middle East. I think that notion still exists. Or at least that Antifa is, but white people certainly aren't terrorists. I think there are a still a lot of people that don't think that the storming of the Capitol on 1/06 was an act of terrorism and insurrection. White people don't do that, right? They just exercise their rights. And freedom of speech. SMH.
Very True. What Rupert Murdock has been allowed to do to this country is really criminal..His news organization purposely submit and broadcast all of this divisive propaganda with the basic premise to pit the Right against the Left regardless if it's been properly vetted. The main viewers are conservatives who would prefer a divided United States instead a place where all can prosper. Murdock is following the Putin Russian format to the tee.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tom Cotton on why DC shouldn't be a state. Mondaire Jones calls him out. MJ's comment had to be stricken from the Congressional record because of rules against defaming another congressperson, but he did rather deserve that. Maybe the time has come for Statehood for DC. And Puerto Rico.

Reactions: Federberg

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This contradiction from the GOP has been pretty shocking. They love talking about freedom of speech, and personal freedoms, like to not wear a mask, but the "freedom" to take on Trump, or speak actual truth about "The Big Lie" is not among them. I guess the core of the party has decided which way it will go. So much for the old guard of the party. I guess we see which way this schism is breaking.

Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
They believe they have enough evidence to charge, but this will be completely polarizing in the news media. Will be interesting to see what comes of it.
it's hard to believe that Weisselberg is the only one who got off the book compensation like this. If the reports are true that's how DJT got a huge chunk of money from his father. You have to think that indictments for the Trump's themselves are coming. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. Once you go down this road there'll be no turning back... ever. Best for the DoJ to stay away from this. Let NY State deal with this

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
it's hard to believe that Weisselberg is the only one who got off the book compensation like this. If the reports are true that's how DJT got a huge chunk of money from his father. You have to think that indictments for the Trump's themselves are coming. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. Once you go down this road there'll be no turning back... ever. Best for the DoJ to stay away from this. Let NY State deal with this
I'm positive that those who indicted him don't believe he's the only one. The idea is to get him to cut a deal, right?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm positive that those who indicted him don't believe he's the only one. The idea is to get him to cut a deal, right?
yes that's my point. The Trumps are the target. And that worries me. Hope it doesn't set a new precedent. All I can say is Hunter had better stay cleaner than clean. And Kamala's family. Incidentally I'm not hearing good things about her VP-ship..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
yes that's my point. The Trumps are the target. And that worries me. Hope it doesn't set a new precedent. All I can say is Hunter had better stay cleaner than clean. And Kamala's family. Incidentally I'm not hearing good things about her VP-ship..
Weisseberg will eventually flip cause he knows he CAN'T last in prison at his age. I doubt if he names out the teflon Don. Trump has got to sacrifice one of his kids. I think it will be Don Jr or Jarred if they are targeting him .

Kamala Harris just have some mess going on internal turmoil with her staff. Nothing criminal like Trump's organization.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Weisseberg will eventually flip cause he knows he CAN'T last in prison at his age. I doubt if he names out the teflon Don. Trump has got to sacrifice one of his kids. I think it will be Don Jr or Jarred if they are targeting him .

Kamala Harris just have some mess going on internal turmoil with her staff. Nothing criminal like Trump's organization.
Jared is not his kid and isn't a part of the Trump Organisation.

I wasn't talking about criminality wrt to Kamala Harris. Just her performance or lack of as VP. Separate thing...

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
there is going to be loads more stuff in the months ahead not just this trump bloke weissenberg

sort of like the cassandra crossing, a film i watched when i was about 12, slow build up then loads of devastation later on.

that mcafee chap was enmeshed in similar fiscal skullduggery..and yeah..look at him, ran away, extradition order, then death in a spanish prison.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Jared is not his kid and isn't a part of the Trump Organisation.

I wasn't talking about criminality wrt to Kamala Harris. Just her performance or lack of as VP. Separate thing...
What exactly does a VP does or what significant impact statement would you have wanted Kamala to make by now?

Jared is as dirty as the interior of a cesspool. Everything he done in the background or the dark will eventually come to the light.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
What exactly does a VP does or what significant impact statement would you have wanted Kamala to make by now?

Jared is as dirty as the interior of a cesspool. Everything he done in the background or the dark will eventually come to the light.
I'm not disputing Jared's corruption. Just pointing out that he has nothing to do with the Trump organisation.

Re: Kamala, I don't have any expectations regarding her activities or statements. Just noting that there are increasingly negative comments about her team and performance. Just wondering what's going on. Aren't you?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46