US Politics Thread

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Thought this was an awesome rant. Well worth the read just for the erudition :face-with-tears-of-joy:

D7D903A3-2E40-40B3-A734-44EAB1071AFB.gif

Reactions: Moxie

tented

Administrator
Reactions
FFS, Fox News is shameless. This is a landmark combination of lies and whataboutism.

I’ve been switching to Fox every now and then over the last few days to see if they have been showing any of the impeachment, and haven’t seen one second, unlike MSNBC & CNN which have shown every second. But I’d bet my life once the defense begins, Fox will start showing it nonstop.

Hey, kids, guess what Fox is showing every second of today?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Speaking of Karens ...
what privileged folk are allowed to get away with in the US :face-with-tears-of-joy: In all seriousness, since the victim didn't want her punished further it's probably not a bad thing. But it does make one think about all the black folk that are rotting in jail for trivial crimes. Where's the mercy or sense of proportionality there

The prosecutor, Joan Illuzzi-Orbon, said Ms. Cooper had participated in five therapy sessions that focused in part on how racial identities shape people’s lives. Her therapist had reported that the sessions were “a moving experience” and that Ms. Cooper “learned a lot,” Ms. Illuzzi-Orbon said.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
what privileged folk are allowed to get away with in the US :face-with-tears-of-joy: In all seriousness, since the victim didn't want her punished further it's probably not a bad thing. But it does make one think about all the black folk that are rotting in jail for trivial crimes. Where's the mercy or sense of proportionality there

I’m hoping Biden/Harris will make significant progress with this problem. The disparity between how whites and blacks have been treated for the same crimes is mind blowing. A first step would be to eliminate these for-profit prisons, which have encouraged the justice system to prosecute as many people as possible, and it’s no mystery who has been targeted the most.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie and Federberg

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Texas: everything is BIG there, including rolling blackouts and an independent power grid that when it fails in a freeze , fails very big. Natural gas and being the largest energy producer didn't save them from an inherently flawed and self serving state utility company.

But hey, blame it all on wind turbines!!

Now In their defense, it was an unusually harsh cold front , but it's just that you hear Texan politicians boast for years how their power grid is exempt from federal regulations, uhhh...there is a reason for certain regulations such as winterizing their facilities precisely for this type of situation.

Last edited:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I didn't disagree with everything Trump said. I agreed something needed to be done about China, he was incompetent in his execution. I agreed that the media are a bit shite these days (see below), he was a bit self serving...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
so.. Trump is talking at CPAC. It's like he never left. I guess this was inevitable. I'm curious to see how Biden handles it, and how often Trump tries to drive the. headlines. I'm guessing Biden will just pretend he doesn't exist. Probably for the best. This is virtually unheard of. I have a feeling this won't work well for Trump...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
so.. Trump is talking at CPAC. It's like he never left. I guess this was inevitable. I'm curious to see how Biden handles it, and how often Trump tries to drive the. headlines. I'm guessing Biden will just pretend he doesn't exist. Probably for the best. This is virtually unheard of. I have a feeling this won't work well for Trump...
I had to turn it off when he said, "we're battling for our identity as Americans." Coded racist language. That was about 5 sentences in. Biden should ignore him. Let the Republicans fight it out for the identity and soul (if they still have one) of their party.

Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Isn't it amazing how fast things change for those who at one time or another set themselves up as the de facto counterpoint to Trump. We had:

• Michael Avenatti - went up in flames, going to jail for fraud probably. His antics in the Kavanaugh hearings seemed to be a step too far
  • Lincoln Project - blowing up so fast it's making my head spin. One of the founders was a sexual predator of young men and even boys. Now we hear that the members were grifting the political donations they were getting
  • Governor Andrew Cuomo - when the pandemic started, he was the most visible politician in a governing position who seemed to show how things should be done. Not looking so good now with the nursing homes, and now accusations of sexual harassment. Gavin Newsome isn't looking to clever either by the way.

It's just stunning how all these anti-Trump's have or in the middle of blowing up. It just highlights how incredibly resilient Trump himself still is. He truly is a political cockroach

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46