US Politics Thread

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Small government guy? I've always wondered what people mean by that.

It means I fundamentally believe in the power of markets to find optimal solutions in most cases. Not all though. There are clearly circumstances where public goods need to be defended by the State, but even then I would argue that there could be creative ways to fix those situations like creating synthetic markets, for example carbon trading. Of course the GOP is so far away from capitalism themselves it's easier for me to find Clintons policies acceptable at the moment, quite apart from finding it impossible to support a pervert shill for the Russian government.

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
ABOUT the country that is the self-styled

"greatest ever, the exceptional nation, the climax "end" of history (francis fukuyama a ''philosopher" stated that basically IS what the american leadership subscribes to) supposedly representing the HIGHEST achievements of the ENTIRE species...

the supposed 'destined'' ''/leader" of the world, in freedom, political system, economics, society, culture. etc. etc.

=============

to the citizens of an ancient kingdom -- hwatever americans the UPSTART ''empire" think of these citizens --

the US ''elections of democracy and freedom and epitome of the good and grreatest"...

was nothing more than ENTERTAINMENT...

THEIR reason when asked?

"because they do not say anything of real substance...so it's very entertaining to watch them for fun".

THAT FOLKS -- whatever anyhone says about 'those others beneath america"

is ALL the american political system has VALUE for...

as MERE ENTERTAINMENT. WHICH will soon be thrown away in favor of going out to do more important things like buying a cu of tea.....

or -- as a live discussion TODAY that i was watching between
the CHINESE minister in charge of ''FOREIGN INVESTMENTS" (of china's ONE TRILLION dollar worth investments building REAL infrastructures across the world that ACTUALLY create jobs, raise standards of living, develop and improve economies )

with his RUSSIAN counterpart in charge of supervising '"russia's FAR EAST region opening and development projects with global partners" ...

asked about the US elections:

"whatever the american people decide is up to them -- it does not affect our decisions already -- we MOVE ON with our cooperation with each other based on mutual trust and friendship - and there are countries everywhere lining up to join us in REAL projects that will improve our countries...that is what is important...

"if the americans continue to paint US as threats and enemies...they will do so but they of no concern to our decisions to MOVE ON without them..."

"i will give an example: europe's infrastructure is already collapsing, it needs to be renewed but they do not have the money or savings...china can help if they want, in fact we already are..and our relationship is healthy - this is the same with south america, africa, even middle east and elsewhere in asia...we deal in real long-term benefits for everyone concerned. based on the principle we SHARE with RUSSIA:

"THAT OUR PROSPERITY AND STABILITY IS TIED with the prosperity and stability of our neighbors and partners...

and if the USA finds this unacceptable for their principle has been built on beggar they neighbor for the ''winner take all" philosophy...

"we simply move on without them....

"the rest -- coming from america about russia and china and our projects -- is what we call

"'' -- so much noise on the surface...it will soon enough be heard of no more..but to some extent their political shows which take practically all the time as soon as the election is over -- is indeed like entertainment...we have seen it before...and once -- it was funny..now...it is just not that interesting anymore".

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It means I fundamentally believe in the power of markets to find optimal solutions in most cases. Not all though. There are clearly circumstances where public goods need to be defended by the State, but even then I would argue that there could be creative ways to fix those situations like creating synthetic markets, for example carbon trading. Of course the GOP is so far away from capitalism themselves it's easier for me to find Clintons policies acceptable at the moment, quite apart from finding it impossible to support a pervert shill for the Russian government.

Both American parties are strongly capitalist IMO. There isn't really any social contract... which will eventually bring the whole thing down.

Trump may appear to some as global capitalist, but he sure isn't talking as one. He's talking about protectionism, tariffs... this might be overlooked for stories about "groping" and silly nonsense about being a Russian agent... but ultimately protectionism and tariffs will be absolutely necessary further down the line for the United States... and the EU. Might not be tomorrow... but history has a habit of repeating itself... and this always happens.

Reactions: teddytennisfan

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Both American parties are strongly capitalist IMO. There isn't really any social contract... which will eventually bring the whole thing down.

Trump may appear to some as global capitalist, but he sure isn't talking as one. He's talking about protectionism, tariffs... this might be overlooked for stories about "groping" and silly nonsense about being a Russian agent... but ultimately protectionism and tariffs will be absolutely necessary further down the line for the United States... and the EU. Might not be tomorrow... but history has a habit of repeating itself... and this always happens.

I disagree (no surprise). Globalisation has moved to a stage where it actually benefits wealthier nations to stay the course. They are about to reap the benefits of a growing middle class in developing countries. It's nuts to try to roll it back now. They have moved out of old industries they needed to get away from, it would be unbelievable to try to turn that back now. The one element that prevented the GFC in 2008 from turning into the great depression was the fact that countries didn't put up tariffs. The global economy is too weak to cope with a disaster like that now. That really would be history repeating itself. Funnily enough the US seems to be slowly moving towards a more social democratic model a la Europe, despite the raging against the dying of the light of the GOP. HRC winning might just seal the deal

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nah, disagree... it did suit and it might do for the short term... definitely not for the long term. Same happens throughout history... only have to look at the industrial revolution in Britain and the years after when the sun never set on the British Empire.

Manufacturing leaves first, service jobs leave second.... massive amounts of debt build up protecting inertia.... wars delay the impending... happens every time brother. Then protectionism and tariffs set it. The wealthiest countries in the world that you allude to, have the most incredible debt levels than can't seriously ever be paid back....

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The other big thing I think you're missing which delays the inevitable... is a lack of social contract. In yesteryear, the profits of the 1% used to filter down into the wider economy... now with globalised off-shore accounting, globalised off-shore manufacturing... Apple (the biggest tech firm in the entire world) employ only 66,000 people in the United States... and we're all aware of their tax "minimalisation".

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The other big thing I think you're missing which delays the inevitable... is a lack of social contract. In yesteryear, the profits of the 1% used to filter down into the wider economy... now with globalised off-shore accounting, globalised off-shore manufacturing... Apple (the biggest tech firm in the entire world) employ only 66,000 people in the United States... and we're all aware of their tax "minimalisation".

brilliant NUTSHELL summation!

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

one of the BEST ''rules" of american capitalism that the miserable ''leaders" of industry and politics trashed - was HENRY FORD'S dictum when asked

why he paid his workers WELL...

"they build my cars -- if i don't pay them well -- they are not going to be able to afford buying what THEY build".

''workers are the very same people who are customers of some goods one way or another..without well-paid workers -- businesses suffer for lack of customers".

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

if you ever find time -- try and catch LIVE (otherwise it is difficult to find archived material later ) -

the public debate among invited speakers (i mean we are talking here top, top world figures -- authors, analysts, world leaders, ) -

in SOCHI, RUSSIA, right now (4 days , i think) -

the VALDAI CLUB annual meeting ..

there you will hear what is REALLY going on..

yesterday was a debate between ..
CHINA'S lady representative on foreign investments and global infrastructure , John Mearshimer (famous author that CORRECTLY predicted things such as the wall street implosion and many other things in geopolitics) , a top russian minister, a top INDIAN minister and economist, KEVIN RUDD...(he particularly had assessments that were very well-appreciated by the audience along with the chinese lady's and the russian's and indian's ideas - most people thoguht Mearshimer's assessments were ''too Pessimistic" - lol)

but in particular - RUDD'S insistence _as opposed to Mearshimer's - that ''leadership DOES matter. who people accept as leader makes a difference because THEY do make decisions that decide what happens next"...kind of argument as opposed to "no matter what china is as a power going to WANT to dominate not just asia but the world, like the USA has done stupidly..therefore USA will TURN TO RUSSIA in partnership to counter china as geopolitical reality" ..of mearshimer..

whle the chiense lady said:

"but john -- you are still thinking with the old baggae of the west that geopolitics is always about competing and competing -- that is a thinking the chinese would find very strange, frankly...we want to go beyond that now"

the russian agreed ...and RUDD'S contribution was "it is very dependent on the quality of leadership" .

a beautiful debate actually.

yesterday's opening day main topic was :

"TRUST AND PARTNERSHIPS IN A WORLD OF CONFLICTS".

RUSSIA TODAY is the main hosting website.

amazing discussion and question/answer with the public from all over the world..i was thinking Britbox would have loved that.

Last edited:

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nah, disagree... it did suit and it might do for the short term... definitely not for the long term. Same happens throughout history... only have to look at the industrial revolution in Britain and the years after when the sun never set on the British Empire.

Manufacturing leaves first, service jobs leave second.... massive amounts of debt build up protecting inertia.... wars delay the impending... happens every time brother. Then protectionism and tariffs set it. The wealthiest countries in the world that you allude to, have the most incredible debt levels than can't seriously ever be paid back....

580f68a5c46188f9518b46e8.png

rt.com
Russia not to blame for Ukraine crisis and sanctions won't work – John Mearsheimer
It is almost impossible for me to see the Americans taking sanctions off any time soon, said John Mearsheimer, Professor of Political Science, University of Chicago. There is a little hope that we are going to solve the Ukraine crisis and US-Russia relations will continue to suffer, he added.

On the sidelines of Valdai International Discussion Club, RT asked experts about the prospects of US-Russia relations after the American elections in November.

Read more

RT: What do you think about the power of leaders and their power of decision making to influence policy, regardless of whom is now in the White House? Do you think it will have a significant impact on America’s relationship with Russia, which has been used as a boogeyman by the Clinton campaign? Is that something that concerns American voters?

John Mearsheimer: No, I don’t think most [Americans] care much about foreign policy in general. They care mainly about domestic politics and the state of the American economy. I don’t think that all this talk about Russia being a boogeyman is going to have much influence on the election. I think that Hillary Clinton will win a decisive victory and I don’t think it will change US-Russian relations very much if she takes office, as I predict. But if it does change things in a meaningful way, it will make all for the worse because she is a hawk on Russia, she is very anti-Putin and she is surrounded by advisers who are very hawkish on Russia. So, there is no reason to expect any improvement in US-Russian relations in the near future. I say that with great regret.

"Every four years, the Russian question becomes more and more prominent. I am not sure why this is the case. Haven’t they got enough issues and problems of their own to discuss. Secondly, it is almost certain that Hillary Clinton will win and therefore now we need to start thinking what political consequences will emerge out of that. On the one side (…) she initially said she would impose a ‘no-fly zone’ in Syria. She will temper that, and try to negotiate that, so it is not immediately a situation of war. But on the other hand, some of her team are talking about possibly the imposition of more sanctions on Russia. Now sanctions are a type of warfare, so I think that is a catastrophic way forward (…) This isn’t a Cold War, this is worse than the Cold War, the Cold War was about managing conflicts, this is about conducting conflicts, and that is much worse. And I am afraid that Hillary Clinton is one of these people who is really keen to continue and gets stuck into that battle." - Richard Sakwa, professor of Russian and European politics at the University of Kent

RT: In terms of EU-Russian relations, the EU summit has just finished and new sanctions at least are agreed for Russia and the old ones still remain. Do you think sanctions are what is needed right now? Are they constructive, because both sides have obviously been affected by them?

JM: The sanctions are all about the Ukraine crisis. That is why the West put these sanctions on the Russians. In the West, especially in the US, we blame the Russians for causing the Ukraine crisis. And the idea is that we put sanctions on and keep those sanctions on the Russians until they change their behavior. The fact is that the Russians didn’t cause the Ukraine crisis; the West did for the most part. And the sanctions are not going to work. But it is almost impossible for me to see the Americans taking those sanctions off any time soon. So, I think there is a little hope that we are going to solve the Ukraine crisis and I think US-Russia relations will continue to be bad.

The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of RT.

=============================

MEARSHIMER -- scored a funny point..responding to the chinese lady's explanations of china's vision "cooperation" (giving he example of that with russia and other organizations they are buildking like Eurasian Integrationf of russia with china's SILK ROADS..AIIB , and many more) when he said"
"you're beginning to sound like a good american -- and i don't like it - because the insane people in america talk cooperation but do the opposite...please don't go that way...you're making me feel i am back home....but i feel most at home whenever i am in china or russia , while not speaking a word of your languages because when i'm in your countries...i know i'm in a place of SANE people....so -- please , don't start being like americans"...

lol...

Last edited:

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
note that RT asked him that specific question about ''the power of leaders".

that was a REFERENCE to KEVIN RUDD'S point that ''leaders matter -- who make proper decisions -- NOT everything can be left to just the ''market" and historical destiny of how countries behave on their own -- such as shifting alliances". in his (rudd's) disagreement with mearshimer (''no matter what leaders are pulled by geopolitical forces beyond their decisions" - kind of thing...)

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions

A worthy discussion! You're mixing different elements of a complex situation to build a narrative. You're not the first :) No argument regarding the high debt levels, the remediation for that should be efforts to retard the financial economy, globalisation is not the cause of this. Sadly banking lobby groups are so powerful it's unlikely to happen. Let me be clear, my point is not that anti-globalisation forces can't win, I'm saying that they shouldn't, it would be a terrible mistake. If it goes your way then we will see a market correction that will make the bear market of 08 look tame by comparison. Financial recessions as we had are always beasts of a different stripe, recoveries are always tepid, history shows this. What is alarming about what we've seen since 2008 is that total debt levels have grown monstrously and shadow banking is now too big for central banks to do much to counter. Let's see what happens, if global growth is reversed then we really will start to see parallels from the past. I would have preferred an Austrian solution in the first place, but if that's not on the table then the move towards more social democratic models is the way to counter blatant inequities. Ironically Trump's policies are more likely to accelerate a complete global meltdown. As unpalatable as I find much of Clinton's economic proposals, they are more consistent with what has to occur to correct a terrible situation

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
sputniknews.com
'We Need to Clean This Up': #Podesta18 Exposes Obama's Lies Over Clinton Emails
Sputnik
US
20:03 25.10.2016(updated 20:08 25.10.2016) Get short URL

Included the 18th batch of the Podesta Emails, released by WikiLeaks, is a March 7, 2015 email sent by Clinton spokesperson Josh Schwerin to communications director Jennifer Palmieri, press secretary Nick Merrill and others, referring to comments Obama made about the Clinton email scandal.

"Jen you probably have more on this but it looks like POTUS [President Obama] just said he found out HRC was using her personal email when he saw it in the news," the email read.

The email was forwarded onto Clinton staff member Cheryl Mills, who wrote to campaign manager John Podesta:

"…we need to clean this up — he has emails from her — they do not say state.gov."

The email exchange appears to contradict Obama's version of events, with the president telling CBS that he found out about Clinton's use of her private email account at "the same time everybody else learned it through news reports."

The latest revelations follow a series of embarrassing and potentially damaging leaks associated with the US democratic candidate, with WikiLeaks releasing more than 3,000 files related Clinton's campaign manager John Podesta.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A worthy discussion! You're mixing different elements of a complex situation to build a narrative. You're not the first :) No argument regarding the high debt levels, the remediation for that should be efforts to retard the financial economy, globalisation is not the cause of this. Sadly banking lobby groups are so powerful it's unlikely to happen. Let me be clear, my point is not that anti-globalisation forces can't win, I'm saying that they shouldn't, it would be a terrible mistake. If it goes your way then we will see a market correction that will make the bear market of 08 look tame by comparison. Financial recessions as we had are always beasts of a different stripe, recoveries are always tepid, history shows this. What is alarming about what we've seen since 2008 is that total debt levels have grown monstrously and shadow banking is now too big for central banks to do much to counter. Let's see what happens, if global growth is reversed then we really will start to see parallels from the past. I would have preferred an Austrian solution in the first place, but if that's not on the table then the move towards more social democratic models is the way to counter blatant inequities. Ironically Trump's policies are more likely to accelerate a complete global meltdown. As unpalatable as I find much of Clinton's economic proposals, they are more consistent with what has to occur to correct a terrible situation

I hear you @Federberg... but I think ultimately you will be proved wrong. We talk about market forces... but let's be quite frank - the model is broken and beyond repair. What we have now, is the model being kicked down the road and for somebody to address it at a later date. That can't happen indefinitely... and the status quo won't go on forever... and I agree, the big downfall will make 2008 look like a church fete... but it will happen... eventually... because it has to.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^Well... theoretically it could be kicked down the road indefinitely if you make a serious effort to rebalance inequities and slowly try to bring the system into balance. And we're not talking about this just having to happen within one country's politico-economic culture. It has to happen everywhere. I don't think that happens, I mean.. Japan is already buggered, there's no happy ending there (unless there accept massive immigration to turn a horrific demographic situation).

I'm not sure what part of what I'm saying you think will be proved wrong. I'm not even sure I'm really predicting anything. From my Austrian bias letting the whole thing burn would cleanse the system completely, but it would be thunderdome for a few years. We are really talking about the end of the occidental model

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

federberg -- you have a LOT to learn not only about global events - and how to ''look'' Beyond your ''british-american/west'' centered world view - and for once learn that as much as the world is and always has been infinitely BIGGER than THAT -- it is also already transpiring right before your eyes - including in the construction of relations .

second -- you have much to learn FROM BRITBOX in HIS capacity or willingess to look - in fact - BEyond THAT same euro-west-centric world view.

this goes from the way history is 'written' by the west, economics, system,s cultures, etc...

it might be difficult for you - any of you really -- it is all you have ever 'lived in' in terms of its 'dominance' in the last 500 years..including your notions of ''geopolitics'' - or 'power' ..

but in due course -- you WILL learn - whether you are dragged to it or not.

just yesterday -- i was watching a live discussion and debate hosted by china's CCTV network - 2 chinese officials in economics and foreign relations -- with 3 australian ministers or former ministers ( i think one was a former PM also) -- and this was DIFFERENT from another discussion panel in SOCHI russia (remember that sochi olympics the west vilified predicting the event and infrastructure to be such failures? oops - no -- i'ts thriving and a center of eurasian investments and meetings, and huge events, including formula one, lol) - attended by former Aussi PM kevin Rudd..

what you GET from the disparate AUSSIE representations in different discussion events -- in china yesterday and sochi on tuesday with counterparts from india, china, finland, usa, russia, etc.)

is "the eurasian integration spearheaded by putin's russia integration project -- converging with china's silk road project are NOT CONTRADICTORY but PERFECT complements of bringing together peacefully the vast cultural unique wealth of the eurasians -- ONLY the american-=centered view REMAINS as the OBSTACLE and sooner or later -- BEYOND the idea of any single country trying to dominate - which can NOT be done and is un-natural - these projects are the only way forward".

THAT comes from the australians who acknowledged :
we ARE 'sister cultures" of britain and the USA...but the worldview of angl0american dominance , shortlived as it is in historical terms, was never the natural way anyway...and we should not APPLY that kind of behavior to what we see china or russia are doing...it is time for US to truly learn that they have ideas that do NOT fit into OUR behavior -- of conquest and super-imposing our ways -- but that COOPERATION above competition is indeed what they are building that is a natural function of the existence of countries across their unique individualities. "

RUDD actually got a huge ovation for that in Sochi...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
@teddytennisfan with all due respect, you're so caught up in your Russian-centric propaganda you've never been able to comprehend that I don't promote a pro- Western agenda. I suggest you spend some time reflecting on your own biased perceptions. The silk road is a great project which we (my ex-colleagues and I) have been monitoring for almost a decade, if it gets legs it could have tremendous geopolitical benefits. You are trying to conflate a welcome potential economic development with some of the key geo-strategic moves of the day. That doesn't necessarily fly with me. Neither China nor Russia are operating from a position of moral or economic strength. It will certainly be interesting to see how things go. I would ascribe more respectability to what China is trying to do, but it's not even clear to me that Putin is acting in Russia's longer term interests, he is focussed exclusively on his internal survival in my view. At least Xi's concern is China's longer term economic development as well as the survival of the Communist party and the geographic cohesion of the country of course. I have never supported the idea of American exceptionalism, nor Western-centric domination. I simply call things as I see them. Which if you had any objectivity you would be able to appreciate

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
VLADIMIR PUTIN'S address to Valdai Club in Sochi:

a SPEECH FOR THE WORLD

THE LUNATIC, CLOWN , MASS MURDERING WESTERN ''leaders" would never manage to make because well...

it is after all about THEIR FRINGE collective LUNACY about..

roflmao

P.S. do people realize VLADIMIR PUTIN isthe ONLY bigworld leader capable of holding open discussion and direct question and answer on ANY topic with GLOBAL media and challengers?

MIGHT THERESA MAY, BARACK OBAMA, and yes , hillary coming OUT of her nine-month old bubble from media DIRECT questioning (let alone RUSSIA OR CHINESE reporters, as PUTIN REGULARLY does with HOSTILE western reporters?)

be able to do such things? lol!! on ANY subject? roflmao...
==================================
thesaker.is
President Putin Meeting of the Valdai International Discussion Club
Scott
Vladimir Putin took part in the final session of the Valdai International Discussion Club’s 13th annual meeting, which this year took the theme The Future in Progress: Shaping the World of Tomorrow.

Over the three-day event, 130 experts and political analysts from 35 countries examined current issues concerning development of international relations, internal political organisation, the economy, demography, and technology.

The participants looked, in particular, at ways to mitigate the consequences of radical changes on the global political map and the crisis in democratic systems and their work, and discussed development roads for Russia-EU relations and what the global system might look like in 10 years’ time.

The final session was also attended by former President of Finland Tarja Halonen, former President of Austria Heinz Fischer, and former President of South Africa Thabo Mbeki.

President of Russia Vladimir Putin: Tarja, Heinz, Thabo, colleagues, ladies and gentlemen,

It is a great pleasure to see you again. I want to start by thanking all of the participants in the Valdai International Discussion Club, from Russia and abroad, for your constructive part in this work, and I want to thank our distinguished guests for their readiness to take part in this open discussion.

Our esteemed moderator just wished me a good departure into retirement, and I wish myself the same when the time comes. This is the right approach and the thing to do. But I am not retired yet and am for now the leader of this big country. As such, it is fitting to show restraint and avoid displays of excessive aggressiveness. I do not think that this is my style in any case.

But I do think that we should be frank with each other, particularly here in this gathering. I think we should hold candid, open discussions, otherwise our dialogue makes no sense and would be insipid and without the slightest interest.

I think that this style of discussion is extremely needed today given the great changes taking place in the world. The theme for our meeting this year, The Future in Progress: Shaping the World of Tomorrow, is very topical.

Last year, the Valdai forum participants discussed the problems with the current world order. Unfortunately, little has changed for the better over these last months. Indeed, it would be more honest to say that nothing has changed.

The tensions engendered by shifts in distribution of economic and political influence continue to grow. Mutual distrust creates a burden that narrows our possibilities for finding effective responses to the real threats and challenges facing the world today. Essentially, the entire globalisation project is in crisis today and in Europe, as we know well, we hear voices now saying that multiculturalism has failed.

I think this situation is in many respects the result of mistaken, hasty and to some extent over-confident choices made by some countries’ elites a quarter-of-a-century ago. Back then, in the late 1980s-early 1990s, there was a chance not just to accelerate the globalisation process but also to give it a different quality and make it more harmonious and sustainable in nature.

But some countries that saw themselves as victors in the Cold War, not just saw themselves this way but said it openly, took the course of simply reshaping the global political and economic order to fit their own interests.

In their euphoria, they essentially abandoned substantive and equal dialogue with other actors in international life, chose not to improve or create universal institutions, and attempted instead to bring the entire world under the spread of their own organisations, norms and rules. They chose the road of globalisation and security for their own beloved selves, for the select few, and not for all. But far from everyone was ready to agree with this.

We may as well be frank here, as we know full well that many did not agree with what was happening, but some were unable by then to respond, and others were not yet ready to respond. The result though is that the system of international relations is in a feverish state and the global economy cannot extricate itself from systemic crisis. At the same time, rules and principles, in the economy and in politics, are constantly being distorted and we often see what only yesterday was taken as a truth and raised to dogma status reversed completely.

If the powers that be today find some standard or norm to their advantage, they force everyone else to comply. But if tomorrow these same standards get in their way, they are swift to throw them in the bin, declare them obsolete, and set or try to set new rules.

Thus, we saw the decisions to launch airstrikes in the centre of Europe, against Belgrade, and then came Iraq, and then Libya. The operations in Afghanistan also started without the corresponding decision from the United Nations Security Council. In their desire to shift the strategic balance in their favour these countries broke apart the international legal framework that prohibited deployment of new missile defence systems. They created and armed terrorist groups, whose cruel actions have sent millions of civilians into flight, made millions of displaced persons and immigrants, and plunged entire regions into chaos.

We see how free trade is being sacrificed and countries use sanctions as a means of political pressure, bypass the World Trade Organisation and attempt to establish closed economic alliances with strict rules and barriers, in which the main beneficiaries are their own transnational corporations. And we know this is happening. They see that they cannot resolve all of the problems within the WTO framework and so think, why not throw the rules and the organisation itself aside and build a new one instead. This illustrates what I just said.

At the same time, some of our partners demonstrate no desire to resolve the real international problems in the world today. In organisations such as NATO, for example, established during the Cold War and clearly out of date today, despite all the talk about the need to adapt to the new reality, no real adaptation takes place. We see constant attempts to turn the OSCE, a crucial mechanism for ensuring common European and also trans-Atlantic security, into an instrument in the service of someone’s foreign policy interests. The result is that this very important organisation has been hollowed out.

But they continue to churn out threats, imaginary and mythical threats such as the ‘Russian military threat’. This is a profitable business that can be used to pump new money into defence budgets at home, get allies to bend to a single superpower’s interests, expand NATO and bring its infrastructure, military units and arms closer to our borders.

Of course, it can be a pleasing and even profitable task to portray oneself as the defender of civilisation against the new barbarians. The only thing is that Russia has no intention of attacking anyone. This is all quite absurd. I also read analytical materials, those written by you here today, and by your colleagues in the USA and Europe.

It is unthinkable, foolish and completely unrealistic. Europe alone has 300 million people. All of the NATO members together with the USA have a total population of 600 million, probably. But Russia has only 146 million. It is simply absurd to even conceive such thoughts. And yet they use these ideas in pursuit of their political aims.

Another mythical and imaginary problem is what I can only call the hysteria the USA has whipped up over supposed Russian meddling in the American presidential election. The United States has plenty of genuinely urgent problems, it would seem, from the colossal public debt to the increase in firearms violence and cases of arbitrary action by the police.

You would think that the election debates would concentrate on these and other unresolved problems, but the elite has nothing with which to reassure society, it seems, and therefore attempt to distract public attention by pointing instead to supposed Russian hackers, spies, agents of influence and so forth.

I have to ask myself and ask you too: Does anyone seriously imagine that Russia can somehow influence the American people’s choice? America is not some kind of ‘banana republic’, after all, but is a great power. Do correct me if I am wrong.

The question is, if things continue in this vein, what awaits the world? What kind of world will we have tomorrow? Do we have answers to the questions of how to ensure stability, security and sustainable economic growth? Do we know how we will make a more prosperous world?

Sad as it is to say, there is no consensus on these issues in the world today. Maybe you have come to some common conclusions through your discussions, and I would, of course, be interested to hear them. But it is very clear that there is a lack of strategy and ideas for the future. This creates a climate of uncertainty that has a direct impact on the public mood.

Sociological studies conducted around the world show that people in different countries and on different continents tend to see the future as murky and bleak. This is sad. The future does not entice them, but frightens them. At the same time, people see no real opportunities or means for changing anything, influencing events and shaping policy.

Yes, formally speaking, modern countries have all the attributes of democracy: Elections, freedom of speech, access to information, freedom of expression. But even in the most advanced democracies the majority of citizens have no real influence on the political process and no direct and real influence on power.

People sense an ever-growing gap between their interests and the elite’s vision of the only correct course, a course the elite itself chooses. The result is that referendums and elections increasingly often create surprises for the authorities. People do not at all vote as the official and respectable media outlets advised them to, nor as the mainstream parties advised them to. Public movements that only recently were too far left or too far right are taking centre stage and pushing the political heavyweights aside.

At first, these inconvenient results were hastily declared anomaly or chance. But when they became more frequent, people started saying that society does not understand those at the summit of power and has not yet matured sufficiently to be able to assess the authorities’ labour for the public good. Or they sink into hysteria and declare it the result of foreign, usually Russian, propaganda.

Friends and colleagues, I would like to have such a propaganda machine here in Russia, but regrettably, this is not the case. We have not even global mass media outlets of the likes of CNN, BBC and others. We simply do not have this kind of capability yet.

As for the claim that the fringe and populists have defeated the sensible, sober and responsible minority – we are not talking about populists or anything like that but about ordinary people, ordinary citizens who are losing trust in the ruling class. That is the problem.

By the way, with the political agenda already eviscerated as it is, and with elections ceasing to be an instrument for change but consisting instead of nothing but scandals and digging up dirt – who gave someone a pinch, who sleeps with whom, if you’ll excuse me. This just goes beyond all boundaries. And honestly, a look at various candidates’ platforms gives the impression that they were made from the same mould – the difference is slight, if there is any.

It seems as if the elites do not see the deepening stratification in society and the erosion of the middle class, while at the same time, they implant ideological ideas that, in my opinion, are destructive to cultural and national identity. And in certain cases, in some countries they subvert national interests and renounce sovereignty in exchange for the favour of the suzerain.

This begs the question: who is actually the fringe? The expanding class of the supranational oligarchy and bureaucracy, which is in fact often not elected and not controlled by society, or the majority of citizens, who want simple and plain things – stability, free development of their countries, prospects for their lives and the lives of their children, preserving their cultural identity, and, finally, basic security for themselves and their loved ones.

People are clearly scared to see how terrorism is evolving from a distant threat to an everyday one, how a terrorist attack could occur right near them, on the next street, if not on their own street, while any makeshift item – from a home-made explosive to an ordinary truck – can be used to carry out a mass killing.

Moreover, the terrorist attacks that have taken place in the past few years in Boston and other US cities, Paris, Brussels, Nice and German cities, as well as, sadly, in our own country, show that terrorists do not need units or organised structures – they can act independently, on their own, they just need the ideological motivation against their enemies, that is, against you and us.

The terrorist threat is a clear example of how people fail to adequately evaluate the nature and causes of the growing threats. We see this in the way events in Syria are developing. No one has succeeded in stopping the bloodshed and launching a political settlement process. One would think that we would have begun to put together a common front against terrorism now, after such lengthy negotiations, enormous effort and difficult compromises.

But this has not happened and this common front has not emerged. My personal agreements with the President of the United States have not produced results either. There were people in Washington ready to do everything possible to prevent these agreements from being implemented in practice. This all demonstrates an unexplainable and I would say irrational desire on the part of the Western countries to keep making the same mistakes or, as we say here in Russia, keep stepping on the same rake.

We all see what is happening in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and a number of other countries. I have to ask, where are the results of the fight against terrorism and extremism? Overall, looking at the world as a whole, there are some results in particular regions and locations, but there is no global result and the terrorist threat continues to grow.

We all remember the euphoria in some capitals over the Arab Spring. Where are these fanfares today? Russia’s calls for a joint fight against terrorism go ignored. What’s more, they continue to arm, supply and train terrorist groups in the hope of using them to achieve their own political aims. This is a very dangerous game and I address the players once again: The extremists in this case are more cunning, clever and stronger than you, and if you play these games with them, you will always lose.

Colleagues, it is clear that the international community should concentrate on the real problems facing humanity today, the resolution of which will make our world a safer and more stable place and make the system of international relations fairer and more equal. As I said, it is essential to transform globalisation from something for a select few into something for all. It is my firm belief that we can overcome these threats and challenges only by working together on the solid foundation of international law and the United Nations Charter.

Today it is the United Nations that continues to remain an agency that is unparalleled in representativeness and universality, a unique venue for equitable dialogue. Its universal rules are necessary for including as many countries as possible in economic and humanitarian integration, guaranteeing their political responsibility and working to coordinate their actions while also preserving their sovereignty and development models.

We have no doubt that sovereignty is the central notion of the entire system of international relations. Respect for it and its consolidation will help underwrite peace and stability both at the national and international levels. There are many countries that can rely on a history stretching back a thousand years, like Russia, and we have come to appreciate our identity, freedom and independence. But we do not seek global domination, expansion or confrontation with anyone.

In our mind, real leadership lies in seeing real problems rather than attempting to invent mythical threats and use them to steamroll others. This is exactly how Russia understands its role in global affairs today.

There are priorities without which a prosperous future for our shared planet is unthinkable and they are absolutely obvious. I won’t be saying anything new here. First of all, there is equal and indivisible security for all states. Only after ending armed conflicts and ensuring the peaceful development of all countries will we be able to talk about economic progress and the resolution of social, humanitarian and other key problems. It is important to fight terrorism and extremism in actuality. It has been said more than once that this evil can only be overcome by a concerted effort of all states of the world. Russia continues to offer this to all interested partners.

To be continued.

The Essential Saker: from the trenches of the emerging multipolar world

$27.95
More offers

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
REMEMBER THE HIDDEN BILLIONS OF VLADIMIR PUTIN?

could it be they found their way hidden in BILL AND HILLARY'S purse? lol!!

==================================
rt.com
Podesta emails reveal extent of Bill Clinton’s ‘for profit’ activities
Conflicts of interest between Bill Clinton and the Clinton Foundation, as well as the former president’s "for profit" activities and acceptance of “expensive gifts" have been revealed in WikiLeaks' Podesta emails.

One of the emails released by the whistleblowing site from the account of Hillary Clinton’s campaign chair, John Podesta, includes a November 2011 email chain between Podesta and Douglas Band, a former Foundation fundraiser and long time adviser to the Clintons.

Band attaches a 12 page document detailing the many ways Bill Clinton had conflicts of interest with the Foundation and his“for profit” activities.

Band is co-founder of global PR consulting firm Teneo and worked as Bill Clinton’s personal assistant during his presidency. Teneo had raised millions for the Foundation while also working for Bill Clinton’s personal interests when he was a paid adviser to the company. In 2012, Clinton’s position changed to “friend and unpaid adviser” to Teneo as well as being a client of the company.

Previous Podesta emails have shown that at the time of the memo, Chelsea Clinton was concerned about Band’s conflicts of interests between his work at the Foundation and Teneo. She accused Brand and Teneo co-founder Declan Kelly of profiting off her father and the foundation.

Shortly after, Band penned the memo to show how Bill Clinton had his own conflicts of interest.

The memo, addressed to lawyers that were working on a review of the foundation, refers to “Bill Clinton Inc.” to describe “more than $50 million for-profit activity we have personally helped to secure for President Clinton to date or the $66 million in future contracts, should he choose to continue with those engagements.” This includes $3 million paid to Bill Clinton for speeches given to clients of the company.

Band said his role as “primary fundraiser for the Foundation for the past 11 years” and his work at Teneo allowed him and Kelly to encourage clients to contribute to the Foundation. “Through our efforts, we have brought new donors to the Foundation and garnered increased giving from existing donors,” he said.

He says he also obtained “in-kind services for the President and his family - for personal travel, hospitality, vacation and the like.”

The memo had been discussed in an earlier release by WikiLeaks but no file was attached. In these emails, Band refers to a conflict of interest policy he signed as a board member of the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI).

READ MORE: #Podesta emails: Bill Clinton & Obama worked to influence EU's Greece austerity deal

“Teneo represents 4 cgi sponsors, 3 of which teneo brought to cgi. Oddly, wjc [Bill Clinton] does not have to sign such a document even though he is personally paid by 3 cgi sponsors, gets many expensive gifts from them, some that are at home,” he says.

The memo shows examples of companies paying Bill Clinton directly when they were also donors to the Foundation.

For profit education firm Laureate’s relationship with the Foundation “evolved into a personal advisory services business relationship for President Clinton,” Band wrote. According to the memo, Laureate paid Bill Clinton $3.5 million a year to advise and be the honorary chairman. Clinton was honorary chancellor / chair from 2010 until 2015, and was paid over $16 million.

Brand says Dubai-headquartered GEMS Education approached Clinton in 2009 to seek his personal services as an adviser to the company and Band “convinced them to initiate a relationship to the Foundation, which they did.” Bill Clinton has made more than $5.6 million for his role with GEMS, AP reports.

Coca Cola gave $4.3 million to the Foundation and promised $2 million more over seven years, the memo reads. According to Band, Kelly introduced Bill Clinton to CEO Muhtar Kent in 2009 at a meeting at Clinton’s home.

“Over the course of 2009, Mr. Kelly cultivated Mr. Kent’s interest in the Foundation — first in CGI and the Foundation. Mr. Kelly asked Mr. Kent to give $5 million to the Foundation, which he pledged in early 2010.”

Coca Cola has donated between $5-10 million to the Foundation. A set of emails released by DCLeaks this month show the Clinton campaign backed away from her comments on a soda tax in April following angry emails from the company.

“Really??? After all we have done,” Coke’s Clyde Tuggle emailed on April 20 to Sarah Latham, Podesta’s current chief of staff and Capricia Marshall, who has consulted for the Clinton campaign. “I hope this has been falsely reported. Pls give me some talking points for Muhtar [Muhtar Kent, Coke’s CEO] in the am.”

According to the memo, Dow Chemical has given $780,000 to the Foundation. Kelly invited CEO Andrew Liveris to play golf with Clinton in 2009 and then asked Dow to sponsor CGI. Dow donated $150,000 to the Foundation “for President Clinton to attend a Dow dinner in Davos,” Band said.

Swiss financial services company UBS was told to donate to the Foundation before booking Bill Clinton for speeches. “In addition to the $540,000 UBS contributed to the Foundation, Teneo partners have secured a commitment from UBS for President Clinton to deliver three additional paid speeches for them in 2012, should he choose to do so."

UBS paid Bill Clinton $540,000 for speeches in 2011.

Kelly also “urged and ensured” the American Ireland Fund would be a “significant donor to the Foundation,” and successfully secured “$350,000 to date,” the memo reads.

A section of the memo titled “For profit activity of President Clinton” details how the company helps Clinton “secure and engage in for-profit activities, including speeches, books, and advisory service engagements”

Band says he and Justin Cooper have “personally helped to secure” over $50 million for the former President and have brought business deals for advisory services to Clinton.

The memo shows Teneo secured a number of speeches for Clinton including telecommunications company Ericsson paying Clinton $750,000 plus $400,000 for a private plane to speak in Hong Kong.

Teneo cultivated its client relationship with bank Barclays to help secure two paid speeches in 2010 and 2011 totaling more than $700,000.

READ MORE: Latest WikiLeaks #Podesta emails: Black voters, ‘backstabbing’ & San Bernardino

The conflict between Band and Chelsea resulted in the well documented “spoiled brat” comment Band made as revealed in earlier batches of the Podesta email leak.

=====================

"of course we are familiar with the stories from certain western countries about my hidden billions...and they say i am the richest man in russia...

"of course they are correct..i AM the richest man in russia...
"for i collect emotions -- i am wealthy because my people have given me their trust for the responsibility of being their president..".

VLADIMIR PUTIN.

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
THE SUPPORTERS OF CLINTON -- have some 'splainin' to do"

=================================
globalresearch.ca
Who Was Behind the 2008 Financial Crash? US Aristocracy’s Immunity From Prosecution. Proposal to Hold Top Level Wall Street "Crooks" Accountable
By Eric Zuesse
36d2c1c9bdc6e78f2dba05208ffb0655-400x293.jpg

For the very first time, on October 25th, a high federal official, the “SIGTARP” or Special Inspector General for the TARP program that bailed out the largest financial institutions and their top investors after the 2008 economic crash, is now making a specific proposal to hold the top-level crooks accountable for the incentive-systems they had put into place motivating their employees to pump-and-dump ‘investments’ during the growth-phase of the ‘free market’ Ponzi game that existed since 2000 when the end of the FDR-era Glass-Steagall Act and the start of totally unregulated financial marketeering went wild after 2005 and came crashing down in 2008.

Despite the deregulation that Bill Clinton and George W. Bush (and both political parties in Congress) instituted, there still remained on the books some laws that high financial executives were breaking, but the SIGTARP has now come to an impasse in trying to obtain the evidence that will enable investigations to proceed against the top executives, and so she is coming out to urge cooperation of the rest of the government in order to enable it to happen. The SIGTARP, Christy Goldsmith Romero, urges:

A PROPOSAL TO BRING ACCOUNTABILITY TO THE “INSULATED CEO”

I propose that Congress remove the insulation around Wall Street CEOs and other high-level officials by requiring the CEO, CFO and certain other senior executives to sign an annual certification that they have conducted due diligence within their organization and can certify that that there is no criminal conduct or civil fraud in their organization.

According to a Reuters report from Patrick Rucker, titled “Wall St. Rescue Fund Watchdog Says U.S. Bank Heads Too Insulated”, “Wall Street executives are too shielded from prosecution and should answer for misdeeds committed by underlings, the watchdog for a multibillion-dollar [federal-government] bailout [of the mega-banks] said on Wednesday.” This article, dated Wednesday October 25th, continued: “Senior banking officials should attest each year that their companies are free of criminal fraud and civil abuse, said Christy Goldsmith Romero, special inspector general of the Troubled Asset Relief Program. ‘Every executive should be able to conduct due diligence,’ she told Reuters in an interview. ‘If they are too big to do that, then they are too big, period.’”

That policy, if honestly placed into practice, would likely result in lengthy prison terms for many of the people who are the big-dollar political donors; and so it can’t possibly happen. But the very fact that someone in a federal-government capacity has finally said publicly that it needs to happen is shocking enough.

The article continues:

“U.S. taxpayers have invested more than $400 billion since the crisis, mostly in large Wall Street banks. Goldsmith Romero leads a staff of roughly 140 investigators examining possible abuse of the TARP program.”

Romero on Wednesday sent to Congress her agency’s 550-page investigative report (not linked-to by Reuters but here) on that subject, and Rucker continued: ”Goldsmith Romero said the report also described cases where executives are complicit in fraud but the highest-ranking officials are walled off. ‘The knowledge stops,’ she said. ‘It resides at lower levels and stops there. And in many cases, I think that’s by intentional design.’”

The reporter, Mr. Rucker, makes clear how grave this situation really is:

“Goldsmith Romero has never before suggested a reform of the financial system. She said that she felt compelled to speak up this time after facing so many cases where senior executives seemed out of reach from prosecutions.”

So: although the aristocrats’ immunity will not be removed, a federal official has now had the courage to state that it must be removed.

Elizabeth Warren, a U.S. Senator who held off from making any endorsement during the Presidential primaries, is now campaigning for Hillary Clinton to become President — the same candidate that Wall Street executives are overwhelmingly funding to win the Presidency — but Warren is already verbally supportive of what Romero is urging. On September 15th, David Dayen at The Intercept bannered, “Elizabeth Warren Asks Newly Chatty FBI Director to Explain Why DOJ Didn’t Prosecute Banksters”, and he reported that on that day:

“Warren released two highly provocative letters demanding some explanations. One is to DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz, requesting a review of how federal law enforcement managed to whiff on all 11 substantive criminal referrals submitted by the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission (FCIC), a panel set up to examine the causes of the 2008 meltdown. The other is to FBI Director James Comey, asking him to release all FBI investigations and deliberations related to those referrals.”

Warren’s campaigning for Clinton, who has always been against accountability at the top in the U.S., is drastically inconsistent with this public display of supporting such accountability, and is therefore untrustworthy.

I (who until now had always voted only for Democrats) earlier reported the fundamental dishonesty of the Democratic Party’s elite about precisely this matter.

—

Privately, Obama had told Wall Street executives that he would protect them. On 27 March 2009, Obama assembled the top executives of the bailed-out financial firms in a secret meeting at the White House and he assured them that he would cover their backs; he promised “My administration is the only thing between you and the pitchforks”. It’s not on the White House website; it was leaked out, which is one of the reasons Obama hates leakers (including such heroes as Chelsea Manning, Edward Snowden, and Julian Assange). What the DOJ’s IG indicated was, in effect, that Obama had kept his secret promise to them.

Here is the context in which Obama said that (from page 234 of Ron Suskind’s 2011 book, Confidence Men):

The CEOs went into their traditional stance. “It’s almost impossible to set caps [to their bonuses]; it’s never worked, and you lose your best people,” said one. “We’re competing for talent on an international market,” said another. Obama cut them off.

“Be careful how you make those statements, gentlemen. The public isn’t buying that,” he said. “My administration is the only thing between you and the pitchforks.”

It was an attention grabber, no doubt, especially that carefully chosen last word.

But then Obama’s flat tone turned to one of support, even sympathy. “You guys have an acute public relations problem that’s turning into a political problem,” he said. “And I want to help. But you need to show that you get that this is a crisis and that everyone has to make some sacrifices.” According to one of the participants, he then said, “I’m not out there to go after you. I’m protecting you. But if I’m going to shield you from public and congressional anger, you have to give me something to work with on these issues of compensation.”

No suggestions were forthcoming from the bankers on what they might offer, and the president didn’t seem to be championing any specific proposals. He had none: neither Geithner nor Summers believed compensation controls had any merit.

After a moment, the tension in the room seemed to lift: the bankers realized he was talking about voluntary limits on compensation until the storm of public anger passed. It would be for show.

He had been lying to the public, all along. Not only would he not prosecute the banksters, but he would treat them as if all they had was “an acute public relations problem that’s turning into a political problem.” And he thought that the people who wanted them prosecuted were like the KKK who had chased Blacks with pitchforks before lynching. According to the DOJ, their Financial Fraud Enforcement Task Force (FFETF) was “established by President Barack Obama in November 2009 to wage an aggressive, coordinated and proactive effort to investigate and prosecute financial crimes.” But, according to the Department’s IG, it was all a fraud: a fraud that according to the DOJ itself had been going on since at least November 2009.

—

If this matter that Romero is raising will be coming up during a Hillary Clinton Administration, the lying about it will simply continue, that’s all. Barack Obama is no less vicious a liar than Hillary Clinton is, but she’s not nearly as skillful a deceiver as he is, but that’s the only real difference between them. She’ll get the job done for the political megadonors, just the same, like she always has.

However, if Donald Trump is to be President, then no one can intelligently say what his policy on accountability would be — other than that he’ll work with Congress to get an independent prosecutor to investigate the criminal allegations against Hillary Clinton, including the ones that the untrustworthy FBI alleges that it has already investigated in an impartial manner. Regarding the specific issue that Romero is implicitly also urging, the reinstatement of the FDR-era Glass-Steagall Act, which Bill Clinton and the Republicans terminated in 2000 and which had limited bank-size, Trump is on record as demanding that it be done. (That’s one of the reasons why he has been receiving far less from Wall Street than Hillary Clinton has been. Wall Street loathes Trump. Almost everything in this ‘election’ is nearly the opposite of what is commonly presumed.)

For the first time in recent memory, there really is an important difference between the two major-Party Presidential candidates. The last time it happened was 2000, when the far-right candidate, George W. Bush ‘won’. This time around, it seems likely to be repeated (and maybe this time by a landslide): the far-right candidate Hillary Clinton will probably win — same result, just different nominal parties this time around. In an important sense, this year’s George W. Bush is Hillary Clinton. (He demanded regime-change in Iraq; she demands regime-change in Russia.) This year’s Al Gore is Donald Trump. Except that this time the big issue isn’t global warming, but instead nuclear war against Russia. Of course, GW Bush was bad on both issues (denying climate-change, and demanding “regime-change in Iraq” where the Moscow-friendly dictator Saddam Hussein ruled). But so too is Hillary (who followed up her ardent advocacy for regime-change in Iraq, by regime-change in Moscow-friendly Libya, and regime-change in Moscow-friendly Ukraine, and regime-change in Moscow-allied Syria; and who is now pushing for regime-change in Russia itself, and thus unchallenged U.S.-aristocracy control over every other nation’s aristocracy).

All of this election-year, the supposedly big issue was bigotry, but the thing that’s actually destroying this country and the entire world is class — rich versus poor; the super-rich crushing everyone else — and the ‘news’ media are controlled not by the many poor but by the very few super-rich. And this is why Romero’s call for justice is, sadly, just a cry into the wind.

Regarding politics, one has no reason to trust what one hears from the politicians, reads in the newspapers and magazines, or hears or sees on radio and TV. The elite scams are overwhelming from all of the Establishment sides. But finally, an obscure federal official, Ms. Romero, the SIGTARP, has spoken her conscience, despite knowing that she’ll only be punished for it once she’s out of office. Unlike the Democratic Party politicians, she’s not grandstanding. She’s instead truly heroic, speaking truth to power, and really meaning it — and ready to face the consequences for having done it.

It’s remarkable. It’s Quixotic, in a really heroic way: pathbreaking, even if that path leads only to a brick wall. At least it will expose to the public the extent to which the system itself is their enemy. Not Mexicans. Not Blacks. Not Whites. Not Muslims. Not Christians. Not Jews. Not Russians. Not men. Not women. Not even (though bigots are dangerous fools) bigots against any such group. The system, right here in the U.S., needs to be changed. Nothing can authentically be blamed on any “not us” target — either for invasion, or otherwise.

Romero wants to cancel the immunity of aristocrats — the people who control this country.

Investigative historian Eric Zuesse is the author, most recently, of They’re Not Even Close: The Democratic vs. Republican Economic Records, 1910-2010, and of CHRIST’S VENTRILOQUISTS: The Event that Created Christianity.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46