US Politics Thread

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is a former Obama speechwriter trying to help the Democrats steal Georgia, which Trump has been leading the entire time:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The whole reason for Covid in the United States - to do this. And to do it on an extensive scale:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If there is some notion of rampant fraud, why not on the Republican side? Such a surprise that Trump is doing so well, and he's still crying "cheaters!" If one were really to question, we might wonder how, once again, the polls were so wrong. What was Vladamir Putin doing yesterday? Making tea and knitting a sweater? ;)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think even the most diehard Democrats would be forced to admit that some of these voting patterns are suspicious.
I think any person with a pulse would admit that Republicans have made a huge effort to disenfranchise voters. Across the board. Are you OK with that?

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If there is some notion of rampant fraud, why not on the Republican side? Such a surprise that Trump is doing so well, and he's still crying "cheaters!" If one were really to question, we might wonder how, once again, the polls were so wrong. What was Vladamir Putin doing yesterday? Making tea and knitting a sweater? ;)

Way to bring up the dumbest and most fact-free conspiracy theory of all time: Russian collusion. The CEO of Crowdstrike even told the House Intel Committee that he had no evidence that Wikileaks got Hillary’s emails from “the Russians.” Sorry to disappoint you.

As for 2020, the evidence of rampant fraud is so extensive that you have to be a fool to deny it. Wisconsin with 90% voter turnout? More votes than 7 registered voters in 7 wards of Milwaukee? A sudden jump of 100,000 votes in the middle of the night? Trump up over 100,000 votes in Wisconsin with over 94% of the vote in and suddenly

Here you go, just for starters:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think any person with a pulse would admit that Republicans have made a huge effort to disenfranchise voters. Across the board. Are you OK with that?

Lmao.....how? By asking people to have an ID? Wtf are you talking about?

Republicans don’t want to enfranchise dead people and non-existent human beings and suitcases of ballots coming out of white vans at 4am in Milwaukee and Detroit.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Berenson totally right about the double standard with mail-in ballots:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is how the Democrats pulled off their comeback in Michigan. Trump was up with 94% in and then they started bringing ballots in coolers in the middle of the night. How convenient:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lmao.....how? By asking people to have an ID? Wtf are you talking about?

Republicans don’t want to enfranchise dead people and non-existent human beings and suitcases of ballots coming out of white vans at 4am in Milwaukee and Detroit.
By offering only one drop off box per county in Texas, for example? When Texas counties are pretty big, in terms of square mileage. By trying to disqualify drive-by voting in TX, even though it is legal, and the courts deemed it so? As an aside, having ID to vote is not required in many states, but it IS a form of disenfranchisement that I disagree with wholeheartedly. Then there is Republican shutting down polls in majority Democrat districts. The harder that you make it for a person to vote, the more you disenfranchise them. The conservative court shot down the Voting Rights Act. Based on what? That racism is over? And yet districts that are majority minority find themselves with fewer polling places, longer lines, and often dumped off the rolls for no reason. And states that prohibit ex-felons from voting also disenfranchise, largely, minority votes.

No, it's not just about asking for your ID.

As to the tin-foil hat shit that you shovel...dead people really don't vote, and there really aren't suitcases full of fake ballots. I actually just worked the polls yesterday. It is pretty hard to game the system. And, while each state has its own rules, I don't believe that they leave voting up to chance. Cops are involved. Multiple people see this happen. Many people who do this are earnestly invested in the notion that it not be corrupted. The kind of malfeasance you're talking about would take a lot of people to be involved, and I think that's less likely than more.

And, as I said before, if you're that sure that voter fraud is a thing, you should look at your own candidate. He shocked the world with his win in 2016, and is shocking it again, in terms of the polls this cycle. I know you'd like to think that the "left-wing media" is responsible for Trump's poor showing in the polls and the miraculous win in 2016. But how do we explain 2020? Seriously...there's also a good chance of monkey business. Your notion that finagling only goes one way is laughable. The more likely option of shenanigans is that Trumps people have. He really shouldn't have won in 2016, and he's showing better than anyone predicted in 2020.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
As to the tin-foil hat shit that you shovel...dead people really don't vote, and there really aren't suitcases full of fake ballots.

JFK became president off of dead voters in Chicago, courtesy of the Democratic Party machine in Chicago. And there is already evidence coming out of Democrats using the names of dead people in Michigan to get that sudden lead in the middle of the night last night.

I actually just worked the polls yesterday. It is pretty hard to game the system. And, while each state has its own rules, I don't believe that they leave voting up to chance. Cops are involved. Multiple people see this happen. Many people who do this are earnestly invested in the notion that it not be corrupted. The kind of malfeasance you're talking about would take a lot of people to be involved, and I think that's less likely than more.

You are very naive (probably because you worked at the calmest and whitest polling station in New York with a bunch of middle-aged women whose dream it is to go on a date with Andrew Cuomo to discuss cloth masks and meatballs). In a place like Detroit or Milwaukee, ballot harvesting is very easy to pull off. How did 7 wards in Milwaukee tally more votes than they had registered voters? How was Wisconsin's turnout at 90%? Matter of fact, why don't you take a look at this graph and look at the middle-of-the night vertical leap Biden took in Wisconsin due to the shenanigans in Milwaukee? Does that add up to you, or does it look like a middle-of-the night infusion of just the needed ballots to give Biden the lead after 94% had already been counted?

And, as I said before, if you're that sure that voter fraud is a thing, you should look at your own candidate. He shocked the world with his win in 2016, and is shocking it again, in terms of the polls this cycle. I know you'd like to think that the "left-wing media" is responsible for Trump's poor showing in the polls and the miraculous win in 2016.

Were you dumb enough to believe the polls? They have clearly been nothing but left-wing political propaganda for years. In every election they predict massive left-wing party victories in order to depress right-wing voters and make them think it's hopeless to even go out and vote. I don't take the pollsters seriously. If you have a state where 6 million people are voting and you are asking some pimple-faced intern at Politico to call 2,200 people in the state to ask "hey, excuse me, how mad are you at Trump for not mandating masks? You're voting for Biden, right?" then yeah, you're going to get a pretty distorted picture of the electorate. Both the media and the pollsters are an ignorant, shameful joke.

But how do we explain 2020? Seriously...there's also a good chance of monkey business. Your notion that finagling only goes one way is laughable. The more likely option of shenanigans is that Trumps people have. He really shouldn't have won in 2016, and he's showing better than anyone predicted in 2020.

He's doing better than the people you listen to predicted, but they're a joke. I know of a lot of people who called a Trump victory. There were dozens of articles in right-wing media the last 3 months about Hispanic Trump parades in Miami and Trump polling very well with Hispanics in Florida. So Trump doing well in Miami and winning Florida came as no surprise to me. I'm sorry that your stupid media kept you in the dark all this time.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
JFK became president off of dead voters in Chicago, courtesy of the Democratic Party machine in Chicago. And there is already evidence coming out of Democrats using the names of dead people in Michigan to get that sudden lead in the middle of the night last night.
Telling that you need to go back 60 years.

You are very naive (probably because you worked at the calmest and whitest polling station in New York with a bunch of middle-aged women whose dream it is to go on a date with Andrew Cuomo to discuss cloth masks and meatballs). In a place like Detroit or Milwaukee, ballot harvesting is very easy to pull off. How did 7 wards in Milwaukee tally more votes than they had registered voters? How was Wisconsin's turnout at 90%? Matter of fact, why don't you take a look at this graph and look at the middle-of-the night vertical leap Biden took in Wisconsin due to the shenanigans in Milwaukee? Does that add up to you, or does it look like a middle-of-the night infusion of just the needed ballots to give Biden the lead after 94% had already been counted?
You know nothing about my district if you think it is calm or especially white. I thought I mentioned that I lived in the East Village in Manhattan, which has a huge Latinx and Black constituency, plus old artists, and generally a group that would take to the streets rather than ask, if you really want to know who we are. Instead, you flutter off quickly from there, because you have no idea what my district is like and move on to other conversations. You can't stay with one argument where you know you're defeated. Much more comfortable to move off to vagaries rather than have to talk to the particulars of a person's actual experience. Oh, yikes...you might just get that wrong!

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He's doing better than the people you listen to predicted, but they're a joke. I know of a lot of people who called a Trump victory. There were dozens of articles in right-wing media the last 3 months about Hispanic Trump parades in Miami and Trump polling very well with Hispanics in Florida. So Trump doing well in Miami and winning Florida came as no surprise to me. I'm sorry that your stupid media kept you in the dark all this time.
You know a lot of people that called a Trump victory. And he's doing well. Does that mean we can stop worrying about vote finagling? Are you going to be cool when the mail-in ballot comes in, particularly from military abroad and change the completion of the outcome? Or is it only legit when Trump is winning?

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes Moxie, the Democrats are using dead people and late influxes of pre-planned ballot dumps to build their fraudulent vote tallies in the swing states They have been doing this garbage in major cities for decades and getting away with it because Republicans have been too cowardly to call them out and demand investigations, up until now apparently:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I will say it again...if you feel confident about your guy, and you're so sure he's doing well, what makes you so fearful about fraudulent votes? If folks like him so much, what are you afraid of? And if he's been polling so poorly for such a long time...basically his whole presidency...then why can't I complain that perhaps there are Republican shenanigans to make him miraculously be doing so well? Let's face it: his approval ratings have never done well enough to rate this good of a look at the election. What happened? He's risen like Lazarus from his COVID bed, and similarly from his sepulchral poll approval numbers. It's a miracle! Somebody is praying to St. Vladimir of Putin, I reckon. But look away...nothing to see here. Please focus on the notion of Democrats faking ballots. Couldn't have anything to do with Republicans' huge efforts at disenfranchisement, in this election, and for a long time. Look away! See only nefariousness from one side. Ok, Cali...that makes sense.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I think even the most diehard Democrats would be forced to admit that some of these voting patterns are suspicious.
I'm genuinely intrigued. What suspicious voting patterns?

It seems to me the GOP is hoist on it's own petard. It's GOP legislatures that have forced the count to be this way. Some of them were even brash enough to give us reasons why. It would give space to GOP candidates to better challenge results that go against them. FFS.. it's not that hard to start counting before election day if you have large numbers voting early :facepalm:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
1604565453327.png

Reactions: Hoergren

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm genuinely intrigued. What suspicious voting patterns?

It seems to me the GOP is hoist on it's own petard. It's GOP legislatures that have forced the count to be this way. Some of them were even brash enough to give us reasons why. It would give space to GOP candidates to better challenge results that go against them. FFS.. it's not that hard to start counting before election day if you have large numbers voting early :facepalm:

Almost all the swing states that are having delays with counting their votes (Michigan, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Nevada) have Democratic governors and Democratic administrations who are finding large batches of Democratic votes at the last minute, at 4 in the morning by just the margin Biden needs to catch up, or they are extending the vote counting out for days and days beyond Election Day. Florida has a bigger population than any of those states yet they were organized and able to count the ballots promptly.

As usual, you have no idea what you are talking about.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have to give Biden and the Democrats credit. They did an excellent job campaigning to dead people and bringing their votes in at 4am to take the lead in Michigan. Excellent stra

Last edited:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Democratic governors and their allies in Michigan and Wisconsin stole those two states:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
As an aside, having ID to vote is not required in many states, but it IS a form of disenfranchisement that I disagree with wholeheartedly.
I'm not sure what this means, it's a genuine question, but are you saying that having to have an ID in order to vote is a form of disenfranchisement? Am I understanding that correctly? If I am, how does that work? Surely everyone can get an ID? Is it more difficult for some people than others? And without an ID, how do can the polling station allow them to vote? Surely they need to prove they are who they say they are?

Again, genuine questions, I might be completely misunderstanding, because obviously voter ID is required in every election and referendum in Ireland. In fact, not having an ID would be disenfranchising, because without it, you can't vote...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46