US Open [Men], 2022 - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, Rafa took the long way around at the end, and good for Gasquet for fighting, but this had to get done in 3.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I just realized I have to buy a pink Rafa cap.

I bought the green one Rafa wore during the AO, and he won, so it’s perfectly scientifically logical that I now have to buy this one.

• Love
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think Rafa's match with Foe will be a tougher one than this match. For one the crowd is going to be going nuts for Foe. There will be Rafa fans, but the Foe fans will be loud.
Of course it will, from now on all matches for players gets tougher going into the business end of a GS

Reactions: Hailz

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sparing a moment for Gasquet. It's always been interesting that they are something like 16 days apart in age, have been playing each other since they were 12. Both pegged to go far early on. And Gasquet has had a perfectly good career. As high as #7 in the rankings. $20Mil in prize money. But look how different their careers have been. The difference between a very very good player and a super-nova.

Reactions: tented and Hailz

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Sparing a moment for Gasquet. It's always been interesting that they are something like 16 days apart in age, have been playing each other since they were 12. Both pegged to go far early on. And Gasquet has had a perfectly good career. As high as #7 in the rankings. $20Mil in prize money. But look how different their careers have been. The difference between a very very good player and a super-nova.

The same could be said for Murray & Djokovic! If not for the Big 3, Murray might have been just as good as McEnroe, Connors, or Lendl! :astonished-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I
I have always had a soft spot for Richard, a child prodegy and never really reached his so called potential, he has glorious ground strokes and I have seen him play live many times, Rafa and Richard are close friends as well.

Reactions: Moxie

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
The same could be said for Murray & Djokovic! If not for the Big 3, Murray might have been just as good as McEnroe, Connors, or Lendl! :astonished-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth:
I don't know everything about Andy Murray and Richard Gasquet's careers, but I would think Murray has had an overall better career than Gasquet. Do you feel the same?

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I don't know everything about Andy Murray and Richard Gasquet's careers, but I would think Murray has had an overall better career than Gasquet. Do you feel the same?

Murray had a career 10 times better! I was referencing Novak & Murray being born within a week of each other! Murray was stymied by Big 3! :lol6:

Last edited:

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Murray had a career 10 times better! I was referencing Novak & Murray being born within a week of each other! Murray was stymied by Big 3! :lol6:
Well I guess as a player you either ran with the Big Dogs (Rafa, Fed, and Novak) or you were left behind. I still think and this is not really knowing much about Andy Murray's career he did have a great career. Didn't he have hip injuries as well?

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
True enough that they are also a week apart in age. And Murray really was the 4th Beatle, which you can't say about Gasquet, but OK comparison. Everyone says that, had he been born in a different era, he'd have more shiny hardware, which I think is a fair assumption. With Gasquet, it's harder to say...one thinks maybe just a bit more. But interesting to see you defending Murray. He surely has a HOF career. And then some.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Well I guess as a player you either ran with the Big Dogs (Rafa, Fed, and Novak) or you were left behind. I still think and this is not really knowing much about Andy Murray's career he did have a great career. Didn't he have hip injuries as well?
Yes, Murray had hip replacement surgery a few years ago.

Reactions: Fiero425 and Hailz
Status
Not open for further replies.