US Open [Men], 2022 - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
That is his clay court skills coming out, hoping the opponent makes a UFE
He has a good first serve and Fhand, he should try to play more first strike tennis on a HC
He has had some decent results finals of Miami and SF in Canada, so he can play on hard courts. He has to be a bit more aggressive than he is being though.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He has had some decent results finals of Miami and SF in Canada, so he can play on hard courts. He has to be a bit more aggressive than he is being though.
At the moment he is not playing well on a HC and Paul is an aggressive, Ruud needs to change his game plan asap, when something isnt working you have to change it

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
CPB is giving Alex de Minaur or as Front loves to call him Manure:) 2 bread sticks

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
I would think Ruud would have an easier time in his next match against Moutet, but ya never know.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well he must of heard us Ruud wins the 5th set and gave a bagel to Paul...well done go and have a Ice Bath you will need it

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
PCB in total control of his match against Aussie De Minaur or as Front likes to call him Manure :)
2 sets to love both bread sticks as well.
Just tuning into this one. I'm not surprised that PCB is doing well...he's done very well at the USO, but what happens with DeMinaur? He's been playing well, of late. I thought this would be more of a fight.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just tuning into this one. I'm not surprised that PCB is doing well...he's done very well at the USO, but what happens with DeMinaur? He's been playing well, of late. I thought this would be more of a fight.
So did I, PCB is just in the 'zone' in this match all credit to him

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I would think Ruud would have an easier time in his next match against Moutet, but ya never know.
Is Moutet going to be the Cinderella story of the next round? He's a lefty, which makes him tricky.

Reactions: Hailz

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Ruud needs to manage his matches better. He couldn’t have asked for a better draw here. He needs to take advantage of it and at least back up his French final with a QF or better.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Is Moutet going to be the Cinderella story of the next round? He's a lefty, which makes him tricky.
I'm not counting him out. Heck I am not even counting out Wu tonight against Daniil.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
PCB didn't have the best record going into this, but he knows he can do well here, and, as you say, could be "zoning."
Alex is doing better in the 3rd set he has won 2 games so far :) Busta is just solid as a rock so far

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not counting him out. Heck I am not even counting out Wu tonight against Daniil.
No, Medvedev has a clear path tonight. He doesn't tighten up until last round or two. And I think he'll have the crowd, which he will enjoy. NYC knows he's a bit wacky, edgy, and we like that.

Reactions: Hailz

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I don't think you can though. I am absolutely sure you cannot smoke inside the stadium. Walking around on the grounds there might be areas where smokers can go to Vape and Smoke, but I think that is probably it.

Speaking of smoking at these things, I would think they would be more relaxed at the French Open than anywhere else since a lot of people in France smoke. I also think a lot of people in Britain smoke too.

It's just one of those things that's universally reviled by non-smokers! I had to live with it from family to friends to just about any kid thinking it was cool to smoke! I'll never get over how much I resented it all my life outside California where they began to ban smoking very early around 1991! One person can poison the air for a whole room! Something had to be done; banning all public smoking; esp. in restaurants and other public public facillities! :angry-face: :astonished-face::fearful-face::face-with-symbols-on-mouth:

Reactions: TheSicilian

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
No, Medvedev has a clear path tonight. He doesn't tighten up until last round or two. And I think he'll have the crowd, which he will enjoy. NYC knows he's a bit wacky, edgy, and we like that.
I will be completely shocked if Wu wins and really if he wins a set. I am going to watch the match or at least until it becomes out of control. Then I will switch over and watch another sort of out of control match in Nick Kyrgios.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie

I was wondering why Matteo was speaking to the umpire after his match? he wasnt happy that he had to wait for the people to be seated he said it upset his rhythm on his serve

Status
Not open for further replies.