US Open [Men], 2022 - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It I was Matteo I would want to get out of the NYC sun and into a cold bath/shower ASAP
I have a shower he could use. :cool:

And yes, @MargaretMcAleer, I saw the restaurant owner in the box his first match, too. PS: It's pretty beautiful in NYC today.

I watched the match, but didn't post...I thought it was a fun match.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have a shower he could use. :cool:

And yes, @MargaretMcAleer, I saw the restaurant owner in the box his first match, too. PS: It's pretty beautiful in NYC today.

I watched the match, but didn't post...I thought it was a fun match.
Moxie I have been to NYC and would love to go to the USO, though I wont go because you can smoke , sorry that is a No No to me

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie I have been to NYC and would love to go to the USO, though I wont go because you can smoke , sorry that is a No No to me
Wow, when did you see that...in 1964? Were the men wearing fedoras? :face-with-tears-of-joy: You CANNOT smoke at the USO. In fact you can't smoke anywhere indoors in NYC, either.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I see Spike Lee is at the Keys/Gauff match. I'm sure he's hanging out for the Serena match.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow, when did you see that...in 1964? Were the men wearing fedoras? :face-with-tears-of-joy: You CANNOT smoke at the USO. In fact you can't smoke anywhere indoors in NYC, either.
Well Nick K complained to the umpire that someone was smoking yesterday, he has asthma, the umpire had to ask the fans not to smoke apparently it was weed?Tented came on and told me it was not ciggie smoke it was weed

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
I don't think you can though. I am absolutely sure you cannot smoke inside the stadium. Walking around on the grounds there might be areas where smokers can go to Vape and Smoke, but I think that is probably it.

Speaking of smoking at these things, I would think they would be more relaxed at the French Open than anywhere else since a lot of people in France smoke. I also think a lot of people in Britain smoke too.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well Nick K complained to the umpire that someone was smoking yesterday, he has asthma, the umpire had to ask the fans not to smoke apparently it was weed? Tented said
Well, they did legalize weed in NYC, but the no smoking rules apply equally to pot. Very strange if someone was smoking anything in the stands at the USO. Sometimes Nick makes up phantom issues, I suspect.

Reactions: Hailz

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't think you can though. I am absolutely sure you cannot smoke inside the stadium. Walking around on the grounds there might be areas where smokers can go to Vape and Smoke, but I think that is probably it.
Oh well some fans watching Nicks match were smoking weed and the umpire told them to stop

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, they did legalize weed in NYC, but the no smoking rules apply equally to pot. Very strange if someone was smoking anything in the stands at the USO. Sometimes Nick makes up phantom issues, I suspect.
Come on he suffers from Asthma, I dont think he was making it up

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I hope not.

According to the US Open, smoking is prohibited within the confines of the entire grounds at Flushing Meadows.

I just looked this up.
Thanks, though anywhere you have people not adhering to rules happens everywhere, even if smoking is prohibited

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That is true with any place. It is up to the staff at the US Open to enforce the policy.
Yep, well if smoking is not allowed I might change my mind, I could always wear a mask lol! I am used to wearing a full face mask at work:)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Come on he suffers from Asthma, I dont think he was making it up
I didn't mean that he made up having asthma, just things to complain about, as I'm so astonished that anyone would smoke anything right in the stadium. It was rather a joke. But it seems that someone was smoking pot then. I don't know what to say...it's dumb, and it SO otherwise never happens in my experience.
Yep, well if smoking is not allowed I might change my mind, I could always wear a mask lol! I am used to wearing a full face mask at work:)
Would you be wearing the mask against Covid, or smoking, because you really won't see anyone smoking there, I promise. Do come!

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer
Status
Not open for further replies.