US Open [Men], 2022 - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Whoever plays him should be attacking his BH. That would increase there chances in winning the match. His FH is really good and so is his serve.
Most players know that his bhand is his weaker side, so they do attack it, is this the first time you have watched Matteo?

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Matteo is usually very adept at protecting his backhand aside from when he plays say Djokovic or Nadal. Everyone else’s strokes aren’t nearly as solid as those two, so he can get away with it for the most part when his game is on point.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Matteo is usually very adept at protecting his backhand aside from when he plays say Djokovic or Nadal. Everyone else’s strokes aren’t nearly as solid as those two, so he can get away with it for the most part when his game is on point.
Yes he can

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Most players know that his bhand is his weaker side, so they do attack it, is this the first time you have watched Matteo?
Well it didn't work today for sure. Murray didn't attack it enough. I doubt I have watched him as much as you have, but I have watched him play before.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well it didn't work today for sure. Murray didn't attack it enough. I doubt I have watched him as much as you have, but I have watched him play before.
Okay....Matteo does have a good bhand slice

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Okay....Matteo does have a good bhand slice
I will give him that, but if a player would really focus one that side which I have seen happen before Matteo crumbles and goes down. He wins with his FH. it is pretty dominant. If he can dictate points with his serve and set up his FH he is set. He did that a bit in this match. He won 74% of his 1st serves and almost had a 70% 1st serve %.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I will give him that, but if a player would really focus one that side which I have seen happen before Matteo crumbles and goes down. He wins with his FH. it is pretty dominant. If he can dictate points with his serve and set up his FH he is set. He did that a bit in this match. He won 74% of his 1st serves and almost had a 70% 1st serve %.
He has always had a good serve, which helps him for free quick points, he is also a good grass player, pity he caught COVID at Wimbledon this year and had to withdraw

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Jack Draper just retired from his match with Khachanov. Don't know why yet.

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Yep, I hope Tommy can bounce back and get this 4th set and take it the distance. He is going to start getting tired with his last match going 5 sets against Korda.

Status
Not open for further replies.