US Open [Men], 2021 - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have Rublev over the greek in QF, russian could save my draw. I did gamble a lot against Novak though. SF and F is where it matters the most.
I think my draw is already unredeemable, having picked Paire and Isner, even Cilic, all against my own wishes, to go fairly deep. On the bright side, the Beautiful Pablo Andujar won his match today, in 5. :)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have Rublev over the greek in QF, russian could save my draw. I did gamble a lot against Novak though. SF and F is where it matters the most.
I'm re-quoting this, because I looked at our draw choices, just now. You went for Novak to lose to Zverev in the SF. I went for Berrettini to take him down in the QFs. Which is wishful thinking, at best. But my feeling is that if Novak gets to the SFs, no one is taking him out. But you're definitely playing a better margin. It's definitely about will he or won't he, as far as Novak. The question everyone has.

I thought about making a thread for the draw challenge, but as usual of late, it's just you and me, anyway, so my idea is that we'll bore everyone else with our draw challenge conversation, and then they'll get jealous, and play the next time. :D :face-with-tears-of-joy:

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
I'm re-quoting this, because I looked at our draw choices, just now. You went for Novak to lose to Zverev in the SF. I went for Berrettini to take him down in the QFs. Which is wishful thinking, at best. But my feeling is that if Novak gets to the SFs, no one is taking him out. But you're definitely playing a better margin. It's definitely about will he or won't he, as far as Novak. The question everyone has.

I thought about making a thread for the draw challenge, but as usual of late, it's just you and me, anyway, so my idea is that we'll bore everyone else with our draw challenge conversation, and then they'll get jealous, and play the next time. :D :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I remembered to this time

rublev over Tsitsipas in QF

sinner over Zverev 4R

isner in QF, oops

I recognized Bonaca in ATP and tenfan63 In WTA

• Love
Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I remembered to this time

rublev over Tsitsipas in QF

sinner over Zverev 4R

isner in QF, oops

I recognized Bonaca in ATP and tenfan63 In WTA
Excellent! I forgot that your handle is slightly different in the challenge. Good! One more person to compare notes with and have the small bragging rights. IF Tsitsipas survives this round, and now it's going 5, so we'll see in the next hour or so, and we even get to Tsitsipas v Rublev, the 3 of us will have the small side-wager there. :)

• Love

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Young Greek with a potty break and it was timed over 7 minutes to get back on court,this is exactly what Sasha was complaining to the umpire about? he again gets away with it.Murray not a Happy Camper at all

• Haha

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Young Greek with a potty break and it was timed over 7 minutes to get back on court,this is exactly what Sasha was complaining to the umpire about? he again gets away with it.Murray not a Happy Camper at all
He did get a time violation for it, I heard.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sir Andrew needs to forget about 'toilet break' and try to get the break back in the final set,he has had his chances but failed to convert

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I see Anna Wintour in the crowd, and Roger not even playing. I guess she actually likes tennis. LOL.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh well Sir Andrew you gave it all you had...back luck and the Toilet Break King wins in 5 sets
Quite frankly I am 'over The Young Greek and his on court coaching from his dad,and his over long bathroom breaks,about time he plays by the rules of tennis or finds another sport.

Last edited:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I can't believe about they still allow be those 8 or or 10 minutes in the bathroom, enough time to read from the coach the text message about hat he has to do it, embarrassing !!!!!!!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think this says a lot about Murray's desire to keep playing, and that his level is pretty darned good. Obviously, we all said it was a rough first round for Stefanos, but it was a rough first round for previous champion Murray, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.