US Open [Men], 2021 - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
John seems to be just hanging on long enough to overtake Dr. IVO in the "aces" record/race; well over 13,000 of them! Nak is a "Dark Horse!" :partying-face:
Dr Ivo lost his match to Rublev, though he said after the match he is still deciding if he will continue to play,though he did say earlier this was his last tournament

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Greek won the 2nd set after a close TB.
And Murray has won the 3rd. You called this as potential upset. Or "upset," maybe. Tsitsipas is going to have to dig very deep...and play better tennis...if he's going to stay in this Open more than 1 day.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Murray won the 3rd set 6-3
Tsitsipas did nothing with him momentum from the 2nd set TB, and gave away the break with a terrible game. I'll be perfectly happy if Murray wins this match, but I will be well disappointed in Stefanos if he doesn't show more than he has thus far.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And Murray has won the 3rd. You called this as potential upset. Or "upset," maybe. Tsitsipas is going to have to dig very deep...and play better tennis...if he's going to stay in this Open more than 1 day.
Looks like greek took a medical timeout. He was mentioning something about feeling burnt out. I did mention it as upset alert, but could not convince myself doing the draw that greek will actually lose. We shall see, it doesn't look easy from here on.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Looks like greek took a medical timeout. He was mentioning something about feeling burnt out. I did mention it as upset alert, but could not convince myself doing the draw that greek will actually lose. We shall see, it doesn't look easy from here on.
Same here...I figured the #3 to pull it out, even though a likely tough way. He could mess up both of our draws. :face-with-symbols-on-mouth:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Same here...I figured the #3 to pull it out, even though a likely tough way. He could mess up both of our draws. :face-with-symbols-on-mouth:
I have Rublev over the greek in QF, russian could save my draw. I did gamble a lot against Novak though. SF and F is where it matters the most.

Reactions: AnonymousFan
Status
Not open for further replies.