US Open [Men], 2021 - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
An injured player is beating Zverev! That has to weigh on the guy! Simply running him won't do it! Sock is "redlining" with his forehand which is how he made the YEC a few years ago! Sorry he stopped playing doubles with Pop! :yawningface:
Ahem, a player that didn't seem to have much after the 1st set troubled Djokovic, too. How different?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Ahem, a player that didn't seem to have much after the 1st set troubled Djokovic, too. How different?
I don't understand Sascha doesn't try drop shots or try to extend the rallies..The harder he hits the more Jack is going to ride his Pace.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't know why Zverev wants to get so grumpy when not necessary.

bokun

Reactions
Sounds like you're a fan, but good for you for noting that the heart ceremony is awful. I noticed that Novak didn't do it after the Rune match, when he didn't know if they were booing, or chanting "Rune," which they were, but I think he's smart enough to know that that kind of begging for love doesn't work with a NYC crowd. Plus, let's face it, they know why he went out last year. And his history here before was dodgy. Best to play it close to the vest and save emotional energy. I only saw the first set today, but he didn't look imperious.
In the first line I am a tennis Fan, and i don’t mean Sandgren.
This ceremony stuff is not just awful, I have the feeling he is doing it for centuries. Almost every time it seems extremely inappropriate. I think it doesn’t work nowhere not just not in the US. Okay maybe in Belgrade.
I absolutely agree, he shouldn’t do this or fight with the crowd during matches, save energy and give everything on court, because the biggest goal in professional tennis is at stake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

bokun

Reactions
A lot of people on the internet haven't been impressed by Djokovic all year! He's won matches, but not exactly wiping out the competition! :-)2
Agree , but Novak’s service games looked too vulnerable. Only two matches left until Zverev.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
His self confidence seems to be at an unfavourable level.
I don't know if it's that. Djokovic gets grumpy when it's unnecessary. I just think it's a waste of energy. And a bad look.

Reactions: bokun

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
U.S. Open Results for Round 3 Day 6 - Saturday, September 04, 2021

1630832388597.png

1630832420576.png

Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I didn't see this one coming..my buddies said that I am too tough on Tiafoe unorthodox game and I am too critical because I feel he is so un fundamentally flawed..maybe they're correct.
Sorry. I was tied up yesterday. The part of the match I saw, Hair guy was more consistent, but Frances was aggressive and took more chances that's why he won. Listen, I like Big Foe, but I'm afraid this win over Rub will be a ruse. He could very well come out against FAA today and lay an egg. :egg:

bokun

Reactions
Next upset at the horizon. Diego lost the first 2 sets.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Diego will now have to take the 'scenic route' and win in 5 sets,took the 3rd 75...he was down 2-4 in the 3rd set.

Status
Not open for further replies.