US Open [Men], 2021 - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

bokun

Reactions
4th training session for Medvedev so far.
Don’t know if it’s positive or negative to reach a slam F without any challenging opponent?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Diego worked hard to win the 4th set 75...onto a 5th set.I have my money on Diego:)
With his new hair cut Diego looks about 15:) I wish he would not wear his cap backwards....I blame Hewitt for it.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Diego it wasn't in the script to get broken in your first service game of the 5th set?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The 11th seed Schwartzman,bites the dust,as Botic Van de Zandschlup wins in 5 sets 63 64 57 57 61.
A good effort from Botic he came through qualifers to reach the q/finals.

• Wow

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
4th training session for Medvedev so far.
Don’t know if it’s positive or negative to reach a slam F without any challenging opponent?
I dont think any of the Top 4 had hard draws say to the q.finals,well we did not expect The Young Greek to go out to a 18 year old,.
I think every player would like to spend less time on court in the 1st week,before things get tougher in the business end of a slam,
A draw is only on paper to begin with,upsets can happen,as we have already seen.Personally I would prefer to face a tougher opponent,before a s/final.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Baby Rafa is knocking the yellow off the ball and still loosing to that qualified monster from Germany

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Gojo wins the 2nd, but Alcaraz is still fighting him. Broke back in the 4th. Tiafoe comes out hotter v. FAA, and has the earlier break.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What is with these qualifer's at this years USO? Gojo might join Botox as JLB has nicknamed him in the next rd.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What is with these qualifer's at this years USO? Gojo might join Botox as JLB has nicknamed him in the next rd.
I do always think about how we dismiss qualifiers out of hand, when they are generically listed on a draw. But they are the ones who get in early, get used to the conditions, and get some match wins and confidence under their belts. Gojo's is a name we know, even if he hasn't made much noise for a while. It's the 18-year-olds that are really blowing up my skirt, though, I have to say.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I do always think about how we dismiss qualifiers out of hand, when they are generically listed on a draw. But they are the ones who get in early, get used to the conditions, and get some match wins and confidence under their belts. Gojo's is a name we know, even if he hasn't made much noise for a while. It's the 18-year-olds that are really blowing up my skirt, though, I have to say.
I also have not heard from Gojo for sometime either,agree going through qualifers they do have match fitness under their belts

Reactions: Moxie
Status
Not open for further replies.