US Open [Men], 2021 - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

bokun

Reactions
Wow , congrats to Tiafoe.
no one left to challenge the real deal of the bottom half? Or maybe we will see an even bigger upset in the next rounds.
Interesting tournament so far.

bokun

Reactions
I guess Novak will not have bigger problems with Kei, but next round if he meets Karatsev will show us where his level really is. Karatsev is a bad matchup for him.
Also looking forward to a Sinner-Zverev battle.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Frances Tiafoe sends the 5th seed and "The Best Hair In Tennis,Rublev," packing winning 46 63 76(6) 46 61
Frances had 24 aces and 70 winners.

What a day/night of tennis it has been...top seeds have bitten the dust!

Frances will play Felix Auger Aliassime in the 4th round
Wow. I went 0-4 today. SMH2

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
@don_fabio's second turn at #1 on the challenge. He's killing it! And yes, do join for the next one!
It's only downfall from here I would guess. Only Zverev win over Novak could make a difference.
@bokun I have too many misses, people have Harris, Tiafoe, Shapovalov and FAA still alive and I have none of them going any further, it's too many points on a plate. If you look in overall ATP standings you will see.

I tried to find if anyone picked Alcaraz over Tsitsipas and couldn't find. So big surprise. It's exciting times in tennis with more promising youngsters who put themselves on the map. Earlier this year Musetti, now Alcaraz, I hope there will be more of them.

FAA has wide open draw to reach semis. I see he served plenty aces against Agut, 27 total (also 8 DF). Maybe his serve issues are going in the right direction.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't think so. I think Hair Dude is a bit too consistent for Big Foe.
I didn't see this one coming..my buddies said that I am too tough on Tiafoe unorthodox game and I am too critical because I feel he is so un fundamentally flawed..maybe they're correct.

bokun

Reactions
It's only downfall from here I would guess. Only Zverev win over Novak could make a difference.
@bokun I have too many misses, people have Harris, Tiafoe, Shapovalov and FAA still alive and I have none of them going any further, it's too many points on a plate. If you look in overall ATP standings you will see.

I tried to find if anyone picked Alcaraz over Tsitsipas and couldn't find. So big surprise. It's exciting times in tennis with more promising youngsters who put themselves on the map. Earlier this year Musetti, now Alcaraz, I hope there will be more of them.

FAA has wide open draw to reach semis. I see he served plenty aces against Agut, 27 total (also 8 DF). Maybe his serve issues are going in the right direction.
Yeah I think your SF bet against Nole could make a difference. I hope you lose this one .;)

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I love it!
c7acafec4aa8149d12d0a5d800567c558d71c55f6295e1d03839bfed51673018.jpg

Last edited:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Has Tiafoe won the USO? I thought the final will be the next week.... :thinking-face:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Tsitsipas, he wasn't different player, he only got a little help because he got a slight pull on his tight and of course the physio helped him but also you should remember after the third set you came back from the bathroom as a new player.....

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No Rafa, No Fed, No Dominic, No Stan ..No Chance to stop Novak's championship campaign.
AP, I read this earlier as a general comment about past champs/bigger threats, but as I was contemplating the Nishikori match-up today, I was thinking maybe Kei is the only player in the draw who has ever beaten Novak at the US Open? The guys you list have beaten him here, at least 2 of them more than once. I didn't look it up, but I wonder if that is so that no one else in the whole draw ever has beaten Djokovic here.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Matteo is looking to have to take the 'scenic route' in his match if he wants to win,down a break in the 4th set to Ivashka.
My other Italian Sinner has just started his match against Monfils.

• Wow
Reactions: AnonymousFan
Status
Not open for further replies.