US Open [Men], 2021 - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fantastic kid, just love him. Commies say that he's the youngest to beat a #3 since Sampras? Brad Gilbert calls him "Escape from Alcatraz." Gilbert cracks me up.
To clarify, youngest to be a #3 at the US Open since Sampras.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Surely, the upset of the tournament, thus far. Who can top it?

tented

Administrator
Reactions
From Foxsports.com:

”Tsitsipas once again left the court at the start of the fourth set, but his absence was a swift one with both players leaving the Arthus Ashe Stadium and the Greek posting a personal best of 3 minutes 45 seconds in the bathroom.”

:lulz1:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I bet Sir Andy Murray is laughing his azz off

On another board, an "OP" asked which of the Big 3 does this kid's game remind you of? I said: "I would have said his mentor on first glance, but due to bigger serve, coming into net more, & timely drop shots, I have to agree that the kid's more like Nole! Very seasoned for 18! Nadal must be very proud of him!" Anybody? :-)2 :dance2: :clap: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
‎I think it's better to hide from the public when you're changing than to pick your ass thousand times during a match in front of millions.‎
I'm sure for you is better to break the rackets and to throw the ball to the line umpire, then he is an "hero". Nah, I rather to see how a player pinching the pants than to go to the bathroom to see through the phone the coach instructions

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Superb the Carlos' game, hope he can keep the same level on Sunday and of course the next week!

BratSrbin

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
I'm sure for you is better to break the rackets and to throw the ball to the line umpire, then he is an "hero". Nah, I rather to see how a player pinching the pants than to go to the bathroom to see through the phone the coach instructions
‎Nole is Тhe Hero any way you turn. We are not leaving him for one mistake or two. We are faithful to him. If you feel bad, complain about to somebody else.‎

Last edited:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
‎Noel is Тhe Hero any way you turn. We are not leaving him for one mistake or two. We are faithful to him. If you feel bad, complain about to somebody else.‎
You are the one who was complaining so that was my answer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not just because upsets are trending, I do thinkTiafoe, who has been playing really well, does have a chance against Rublev.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
On another board, an "OP" asked which of the Big 3 does this kid's game remind you of? I said: "I would have said his mentor on first glance, but due to bigger serve, coming into net more, & timely drop shots, I have to agree that the kid's more like Nole! Very seasoned for 18! Nadal must be very proud of him!" Anybody? :-)2 :dance2: :clap: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
Are you on medication? There's no part of this kid's game that resembles Novak (especially not an enhanced net game and definitely not timely droppers). :facepalm:

Reactions: Carol and Moxie

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Not just because upsets are trending, I do thinkTiafoe, who has been playing really well, does have a chance against Rublev.
I don't think so. I think Hair Dude is a bit too consistent for Big Foe.

Status
Not open for further replies.