US Open 2024 [Women] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No problem for Sabalenka (2) over Bronzetti 63 61 into Round 3 !
Very hot conditions having the roof closed in her match helped:)

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Why are the Chris's talking about Serena? They bring up Serena talking about how Sara Errrani stopped her from getting the Calendar Slam. Duh, that wasn't Sara.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am watching a mens match at present, though I will keep my eye on Jazz v Pliskova, I dont think Jazz will have a lot of trouble, also interested in Mirra Andreeva v Krueger match

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well that was quick Pliskova retires due to a ankle injury,, just after 3 points,. so Jazz moves on to the next round.
Jazz will play Poots next, the battle of the shorties, so to speak, interesting match up:)

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Why are the Chris's talking about Serena? They bring up Serena talking about how Sara Errrani stopped her from getting the Calendar Slam. Duh, that wasn't Sara.

I said the same thing to myself! Whenever I heard Errani's name, I kept asking why are they bringing up her FO finalist appearance when her big win should have been over Serena? I finally looked it up! It was her doubles' partner, Vinci who defeated Serena in the USO SF back in 2015 that kept her from a CYGS! Wow! Is this the beginning of the end when I make that big a mistake? Proves I haven't kept up much w/the ladies of late for me to be that much in error! :astonished-face::fearful-face::yawningface::anxious-face-with-sweat::facepalm:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am not surprised that Kruegar won the 1st set 61 against The Teen Queen, she is offensive player, dosent like to give up her position on that baseline
Lets see if she can keep up this level in the 2nd set as I am finished watching a mens match
I thought this could be a tough match for The Teen Queen,if Kruegar was ' on her game'.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Kruegar gets a early break in the 2nd set and consolidates, The Teen Queen making too many UFE especially on her bhand, she is forcing the play, not watching her margins at all
Kruegar leading 4-2 2nd set, won the 1st set 61
Kruegar to serve for the match 5-2 and broken, Teen Queen to serve at 5-3 lets see if she can hold her serve
Kruegar to serve for a 2nd time for the match 5-4 lets see if she can win the match, and hopefully nerves wont get in the way, she has been the better player all match

Last edited:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I see Varvara Lepchenko is back in her first slam since her doping ban ended. An example of a royally fucked over player and 100% evidence of the level of corruption re the differences in suspensions for nobodies versus top players. 38 now so her career is basically over anyway.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Krueger d M.Andreeva (21) 61 64

Well deserved win, you were the better player, I thought this could be a danger match for Mirra, Kruegar plays a offensive game and when she is 'one' can be difficult to beat!
BTW she took out Osaka in qualies at Cinncy last week:)

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I see Varvara Lepchenko is back in her first slam since her doping ban ended. An example of a royally fucked over player and 100% evidence of the level of corruption re the differences in suspensions for nobodies versus top players. 38 now so her career is basically over anyway.
Is she clean?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Help Me!!!
According to the US Open webiste Rybakina has withdrawn from her 2nd round match against Pnchet
I need to investigate further

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just got confirmation that Rybakina has withdrawn, though as yet not clear if it is an injury problem, still waiting on the reason why if any?
Ponchet a qualifer gets a walkover to the next round

• Wow

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is Rybakina's reason why she withdrew from the USO today,

" Unfortunately, I have to withdraw from my match today due to my injuries, I did not want to finish the last Grand Slam of the year, this way but I have to listen to my body and I hope I can close out the remainder of the year:.

I see she didnt 'specify the injuries she has? she looked okay to me in her first round match.

Rybakina has withdrawn from 8 Big Events so far this year,

Dubai, Gastro illness
IW Gastro illness
Rome Illness
Berlin Abdominal pain ( retired)
Eastbourne Scheduling change
Olympics Bronchitis
Toronto Bronchitis
USO Injury

I personally feel there is soo much more going on behind the scenes with Elena that we are not privy to, she sacked her coach of 5 years just before a major, and she keeps withdrawing from big tournaments 8 so far this year, Kskate also has her own views on Elena as well, we both said she is too good of a tennis player to remain a one GS Wonder, though maybe she needs to finish her year now, find a good coach, try to get healthy and start 2025, physically and mentally in a better place

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Chris Evert is driving me Nuts already I will watch the Osaka v Muchova in peace!
Kskate I told you Osaka has one in black with the bows, tutu, frills etc and keeps it for night matches :) I suppose it is a tad better than that horrid green colour she had on in her day match.
I feel Muchova has too much variety for Osaka, anyway we shall see, back to peace and quiet :)

Last edited:
  • Haha

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The harajuku fashion is about to be gone..

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Yeah, ribbons and bows is gone. I told ya'll she wouldn't get past R3. She's not able to win consecutive matches and all the reasons I stated before still hold true.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, ribbons and bows is gone. I told ya'll she wouldn't get past R3. She's not able to win consecutive matches and all the reasons I stated before still hold true.
Love muchova and I also thought she would win variety galore in her game let's hope she can stay injury free

Status
Not open for further replies.