US Open 2024 [Women] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Emma does it! I told ya'll at the start of the year this girl was making her arrival. :clap::pompoms::dance1:

• Love
Reactions: shawnbm

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Emma has that grit. Love it. Feel badly for Paula—tough to watch.
I wonder what happened to Paula.. I cant recall seeing a player turnaround a match like she did but to fizzle out like she did without having an injury!

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I wonder what happened to Paula.. I cant recall seeing a player turnaround a match like she did but to fizzle out like she did without having an injury!
Paula will be having nightmares, her press conference will be interesting to hear/read her comments why she collapsed both game wise and mentally
One of the things I admire about Emma is, she is soo composed in a match, regardless of the score etc,

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Paula will be having nightmares, her press conference will be interesting to hear/read her comments why she collapsed both game wise and mentally
One of the things I admire about Emma is, she is soo composed in a match, regardless of the score etc,
To be truthful.. Emma hasnt had any pressure.. All she had to do was put the ball in play.. Coco and Paula beat themselves to be honest.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
To be truthful.. Emma hasnt had any pressure.. All she had to do was put the ball in play.. Coco and Paula beat themselves to be honest.
Probably, still Paula was just a shocker, leading 5-1 in the 2nd set and then collapsing, I will be interested to hear her comments on the match
To be fair to Coco she did win the 2nd set over Emma in their 4th rd match

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
MM.. You have to give it to Zed. Sascha used every inch of his wingspan to hit that running FH.. :D

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Yes she just wilted..at least she managed to reach the qtrs.Emma is a potential finalist but I want to see a rematch between her and Zheng.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
MM.. You have to give it to Zed. Sascha used every inch of his wingspan to hit that running FH.. :D
I have warned you regarding Wing Span Capice, by the way you are on the womens uso post, come onto the mens uso post okay
BTW Zed's fhand collapsed in the TB like I knew it would :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well done Saba you stay on track to win your first USO GS title!
61 62 a clean set of tennis from you!
Zheng was clueless back to the drawing board for you
When Saba is playing this kind of tennis, she can be quite Unplayable for anyone!
A very cool handshake from Zheng, she is not liked by a number of players, in the WTA tour

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sabalenka becomes the youngest woman to reach 4 consecutive USO SFs singles since Venus Williams in 2002, keeping great company!

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Emma will have her hands full w/ Saba on Thurs, but she did beat her in IW this year. So there's a modicum of belief.

Reactions: tossip and shawnbm

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Reminds me a little of the Angelic Assassin from years ago.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Saba is ruthless. This is her slam to lose and hopefully she doesn't become clueless and beat herself like last year in the final.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Well done Saba you stay on track to win your first USO GS title!
61 62 a clean set of tennis from you!
Zheng was clueless back to the drawing board for you
When Saba is playing this kind of tennis, she can be quite Unplayable for anyone!
A very cool handshake from Zheng, she is not liked by a number of players, in the WTA tour
Emma Navarro said the very same to Zheng.

Sabalenka is unplayable due to the pathetic screaming. Balls screaming past her hapless opponents. Imagine how much she must annoy the other players. Of course there are tons who are very bad in this regard also. They should all be muzzled. See if Saba can win with a gimp ball in her mouth. Would even things up.

Last edited:

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Jess w/ a doub break over Iga. 3-0, We'll see if this lead stands.
It did, and Jessica Pegula is through with a decisive 6-2,6-4 score against world number one Iga Swiatek. Iga, what happened ?

Status
Not open for further replies.