MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rublev
Dimitrov
Popyrin
Tiafoe
Who makes the SF at the USO?
I know Phil's player will be ( Tiafoe) you never know :)
We could have a new USO champion or Medvedev could be a 2 time USO champ? think about that!

Reactions: don_fabio

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
The 2 most overrated tennis players in the history of the universe Novak Djokovic and Margaret Court will forever be tied at 24 slams. :face-with-hand-over-mouth: I couldn't have written a more fitting ending! :popcorn:yes:

Congratulations to Poprin(?) or whatever his name is for saving tennis. :smooch:

Some peeps'll never learn! Like Djokovic won't go all out next season to take at least one major; preferably his favorite which is "down under!" :face-with-tears-of-joy:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Djokovic, ( source JoseMorgodo@josemorgodo who was at Novak's press conference after the match)

"He definitely deserved to win. For me, with the way I played in this tournament..........3rd round is a success.I played some of the worst tennis I've ever played in my life. Serving by far the worst ever".

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It is 2.25 am in the morning in NYC,
Zverev v Etcheverry match is still in progress
Zed leading 2 sets to 1
It is 3 all in the 4th set
What about the new late night policy for matches? has been forgotten? the ladies match finished at nearly 2.00am started at Midnight? a complete joke and not fair to all the players involved

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I know Zed wont be happy this match ended soo late in the morning he has complained before about late finishes, but hey does he know Djokovic is out of the tournament that might cheer him up :)
Zverev d Etcheverry in 4 sets 57 75 61 63
Zeds match finished at 2.35 am
2nd latest USO finish ever
In 2022 Alcaraz v Sinner finish was 2.50am

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Djokovic has dropped to #4 in the World on the LIVE Rankings! He could fall further depending on what Med, Ruud, or Rublev can do while in! :astonished-face:

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Djokovic has dropped to #4 in the World on the LIVE Rankings! He could FALL further depending on what Medvedev or Rublev can do while in! :astonished-face:
Novak will drop out of the Top 3 after the USO for the first time since the end of season 2022 you should start reading my posts lol!
Actually he could drop down to No 5 depending on how he fares in the last tournaments he will play

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Popyrin, ( source JoseMorgado@josemorgadotennis)

"It was a pretty solid match from my side.The last 2 times I played him I didnt take my chances and today I did"
" I wasnt the highest level I've ever played, I felt way better than I've felt today. But the way I composed myself today it was surely one of the best matches of my life.
:" He cameback from 2 sets down soo many times in his life and I didn't wanna be one of those:.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Roger winning 5 US Opens in a row might be the greatest achievement in the history of tennis.
It's right up there with Nadal's French Open wins and Djokovic's AOs. I posted this before too and still say it's likely to never be beaten like the other 2 records above. No one has defended the title since 2008 even once.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It's right up there with Nadal's French Open wins and Djokovic's AOs. I posted this before too and still say it's likely to never be beaten like the other 2 records above. No one has defended the title since 2008 even once.
Djokovic had his chance to defend his USO title this year, Roger keeps that stat as the only player to defend his titles at the USO since 2008, the streak continues

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Another stat is the Triple Crown, players that have won the Canadian Open, Cincinnati and the USO in the same year
3 players have done it,
Pat Rafter, Andy Roddick, Rafa Nadal.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Seeing I am a Lover of Stats amongst over things :)
I will leave you with this stat as I need my beauty sleep

" Andy Murray remains the only man in tennis history able to win the Olympic Gold Medal and the USO back to back"
Ciao!

Reactions: AnonymousFan

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Another stat is the Triple Crown, players that have won the Canadian Open, Cincinnati and the USO in the same year
3 players have done it,
Pat Rafter, Andy Roddick, Rafa Nadal.
And considering that Rafter and Roddick never won a slam outside of the US Open, that makes Rafa the only player to win both versions of the Triple Crown, as he has also won the French Open, Wimbledon, and US Open in the same year.

Reactions: Moxie