US Open 2023 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow there you go young Ben Shelton wins in 4 sets against Paul, and makes his 2nd QF at a GS this year, he will play Tiafoe or Hijikata next
He looks like a good kid. Amazing power. Tennis needs some lefties really.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tiafoe:

THAT kind of player can strut on the court with a sleveless shirt, the man has guns.
Surely Hijikata would be somewhat intimidated. I think that's what the sleeveless is meant to do. Just heard it's 15-0 in aces, in Tiafoe's favor.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh, come on, Frances...just serve it out!

EDIT: And he doesn't. Back on serve.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Frances gets it done, finally! Through in 3, into the QFs.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
5 straight breaks to end the match. Tiafoe continues to take care of business. One more win and he'll likely take on Djokovic in the semis.

Also note that both Coco and Tiafoe's matches ended at exactly 2 hours.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie if you are around,

Reading your post regarding when you were at the USO yesterday, as I have been on night shift I have been catching up on matches,
I saw a video of the Carota Boys finally meeting Jannik yesterday, for the first time
Jannik didnt play as well against Stan, he did in his other matches, though I like the way he reset for the last set
Hopefully I will go to the AO next year and watch him live.
He plays Zverev next a winnable match. Thanks for your report

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie if you are around,

Reading your post regarding when you were at the USO yesterday, as I have been on night shift I have been catching up on matches,
I saw a video of the Carota Boys finally meeting Jannik yesterday, for the first time
Jannik didnt play as well against Stan, he did in his other matches, though I like the way he reset for the last set
Hopefully I will go to the AO next year and watch him live.
He plays Zverev next a winnable match. Thanks for your report
Carota boys....the story, and the first meeting with Sinner:

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Seeds still in Novak’s half: Paul, Tiafoe, Fritz

Seeds still in Alcaraz’s half: Sinner, Medvedev, Zverev, de Minaur, Rublev.
That says all you need to know about the unbalanced draw. Except the below.
I'm quite happy for the Borna Gojo, a fellow Croatian who's been around for a while and got his breakthrough moment now. Will be in top 100 after USO which is a big deal for him as he stagnated between 100-200 for a few years. Now gets to play Novak on the biggest stage tonight and a good paycheck.
Very nice opportunity for him, your fellow Croatian. But seriously? 4th round at a Major?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Clearly this match isn't going to be worth fighting a dodgy stream for. Buona notte!

Reactions: nehmeth

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Clearly this match isn't going to be worth fighting a dodgy stream for. Buona notte!
Hey Sis. Try YouTube TV. If it's your first time you can get a 21 day trial period. Surely the Spectrum/Charter dispute with Disney will be resolved. ( I can't see too many MNF games missed in the huge markets like NY, ATL LA and Texas )..

Reactions: rafanoy1992

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
That says all you need to know about the unbalanced draw. Except the below.

Very nice opportunity for him, your fellow Croatian. But seriously? 4th round at a Major?
Novak can cancel his practice sessions and still beat all those non slamless winners on his half of the draw ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hey Sis. Try YouTube TV. If it's your first time you can get a 21 day trial period. Surely the Spectrum/Charter dispute with Disney will be resolved. ( I can't see too many MNF games missed in the huge markets like NY, ATL LA and Texas )..
I love YouTube TV so far! You do have to pay an extra $10/month to get Tennis Channel and T2 but it is worth it! Also, unlimited recording for a whole year!

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I know it doesn't sound like much, 4th round of a major, but the guys a struggling out there, fighting and trying to make a living from tennis. It's brutal in a way. Now he moved to 76th place, it gets a bit easier from here, direct entrances to a lot of ATP tournaments and majors.

Several guys in 4th round this year USO who had their small breakthrough moment and first time that far in a major. Arnaldi, Stricker, Draper, Hijikata. They are happy as babies for reaching that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.