US Open 2023 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hehehe. Novak pushed himself for that last service break and the bagel. He’s a little gassed and has break points to defend on his serve now.

Saves the 3 break points and takes the 3rd set.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I've got a stream, (thanks @tented.) This is just a war of attrition and Djere is not going to win it. Novak will show who's got a magnet super-glued to his chest hairs! Basically, just keep it in between the lines, and wear him down.

Reactions: tented and nehmeth

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Hehehe. Novak pushed himself for that last service break and the bagel. He’s a little gassed and has break points to defend on his serve now.

Saves the 3 break points and takes the 3rd set.

IDK why anyone would think this was anything more than a glorifed exhibition?! This is Djokovic's countryman & like Federer w/ Wawrinka, he has a distinct mental advantage over him! I wasn't sweating it going down 0-2! I knew all he had to do was tighten his game up and really make the guy play! It was no way this match result was going to be anything but in Djokovic's favor in the end! He's giving a show allowing Djere to race to a lead only to be backhanded like he was some kid being disrespectful dropping sets 3 & 4, winning only 2 games! I played the game and it's so easy to choreograph a match over someone you know you can defeat no matter the lead spotted to him! Novak's now impressing his fellow players running down dropshots in the 5th set with ease! He's up 3-0 in the final set! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kieran

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
IDK why anyone would think this was anything more than a glorifed exhibition?! This is Djokovic's countryman & like Federer w/ Wawrinka, he has a distinct mental advantage over him! I wasn't sweating it going down 0-2! I knew all he had to do was tighten his game up and really make the guy play! It was no way this match result was going to be anything but in his Djokovic's favor in the end! He's giving a show allowing Djere to race to a lead only to be backhanded like he was some kid being disrespectful dropping sets 3 & 4, winning only 2 games! I played the game and it's so easy to choreograph a match over someone you know you can defeat no matter the lead spotted to him! Novak's now impressing his fellow players running down dropshots in the 5th set with ease! He's up 3-0 in the final set!
Are you watching the match or following the score. Djere was full on into this match.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Are you watching the match or following the score. Djere was full on into this match.

For years I wondered why Serbia hadn't won more Davis Cups than the 1 in 2010? They had the #1 player in the World to lead them w/ several in the top 100! The problem is these guys can't finish! As good as Karatsov & Kecmanović sometimes play; Miomir getting to the AO Rd. of 16 "down under" taking Novak's position in the draw when "sent packin'" last season, they're frauds! There so many of these guys, but their consistency $ucks & I had no doubt Novak would come back in 5 sets! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Clearly the answer was: as long as possible. Novak's going to have to go 5 to survive.
Yeah sounds like it became interesting. How long did Novak disappear for after the third?

:popcorn

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I was reading the post in line for the past few minutes..Mr unknown really pushed Novak to play 5sets. What happened?
I'm just watching the replay, 3 sets so far, doing some chores too. Djere played excellent tennis 1st set, not much Novak could do. 2nd set Novak upped his level, but Djere was still too solid from the baseline, forcing mistakes from Novak. 3set Novak took care of business, cleaned up his game a lot and Djere dipped. Now early in 4th Novak is fully back in this match with an early break.

Status
Not open for further replies.