US Open 2023 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
If the tennis match e.g.Wang vs Schmidlova that's being streamed ESPN + , I can view it.. anything stream via ESPN , 2 or 3 their content is blocked
That’s surprising. I assumed if you paid for ESPN+ you would have access to everything, regardless of your cable provider.

Reactions: lomaha

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
That’s surprising. I assumed if you paid for ESPN+ you would have access to everything, regardless of your cable provider.
Well, I actually paid for the Disney Bundle which includes ESPN(everything), ESPN +, Disney Plus and Hulu.. So you are correct , I should be allowed to see ESPN

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I thought this would be more competitive than that,
Me too. I'm still hoping Fokina can make this competitive, at least this set.
but Paul must be relieved after playing that 5 setter the other day.
Yeah, this is easy so far. He had Safiullin last round who proved to be a tricky opponent (was in QF of Wimbeldon this year). Paul did well to come back from 2 sets down.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Me too. I'm still hoping Fokina can make this competitive, at least this set.

Yeah, this is easy so far. He had Safiullin last round who proved to be a tricky opponent (was in QF of Wimbeldon this year). Paul did well to come back from 2 sets down.
Fokina won the 3rd set 6-3.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
OK, I may not have tennis on my television, but I just got comp tix for tomorrow. Day session, and who is first up: Alcaraz v. Evans. What luck! I also get Svitolina, and Wawrinka v. Sinner. (Sabalenka is on, but I think I'll have to miss her, if I stay on Ashe.)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak needs to serve better and lock down the errors. Get back on the baseline. Djere’s length of shot is pushing Novak back.
I can only see scores. Appreciate any insights. Is Djere playing especially well, or Novak lackluster, or a combination?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak versus a fellow Serb. Imagine the scene.

Novak: hi fellow Serb
Fellow Serb: hi God, how long do you want me play for?
Clearly the answer was: as long as possible. Novak's going to have to go 5 to survive.

Reactions: Kieran

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I can only see scores. Appreciate any insights. Is Djere playing especially well, or Novak lackluster, or a combination?
Djere is taking the match to Novak. He’s not playing badly, he’s being outplayed. Djere has sustained the same level for two sets. No sign of him slowing down.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djere is taking the match to Novak. He’s not playing badly, he’s being outplayed. Djere has sustained the same level for two sets. No sign of him slowing down.
Well, it's a lovely cool night in NYC. Let's see if Djere can sustain it. He needs one more set, but no reason Novak can't go 5.

Reactions: nehmeth

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Novak’s opening service game was much sharper. If he’s going to beat Djere, he has to play his best. I’ve always liked Djere and believed he was capable of playing at this level. He’s had a good year thus far and this would be a great scalp.

Reactions: don_fabio and Moxie
Status
Not open for further replies.