Tokyo Olympics 2021 - 24th July to 1st August 2021

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Meanwhile Samurai is about to Bagel Ivashaka.

It must be mentioned that Nishikori not only upset Rublev in singles, he (playing with a relatively unknown partner) upset Jamie Murray and Skupski in doubles.

While Andy "bites it" aganst the Croatian team of Cilic and Dodig in 3 sets! :yes:

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nishikori famously beat Novak at the USO 2014 in SF. Now he has a chance to repeat that kind of performance in QF against Novak in front of non-existing home crowd. Will he do it?
I always thought that Nishikori won that match for 2 reasons: he was playing with House money, and Djokovic made the mistake of already envisioning himself in the final. IMO. In this case, Kei is still playing at home, and with house money. If heat is a factor, Nishikori has a chance.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
While Andy "bites it" aganst the Croatian team of Cilic and Dodic in 3 sets! :yes:
You're so sour, you even like to see Andy go out in doubles. Must be miserable to live under that dark cloud.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I wonder if he will be okay for the mixed doubles with Sakkari? that ankle injury does not look good.
I only started watching from the MTO. Did he injure it in the match? Anyway, Maria is tough...maybe she can carry him. ;)

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I only started watching from the MTO. Did he injure it in the match? Anyway, Maria is tough...maybe she can carry him. ;)
Yes he fell and rolled his ankle,he was well in command of the match before it happened

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak - Medvedev final seems most probable to happen. Novak is locked in at the moment, he ain't gonna lose to Nishikori. Possible semi against Zverev will be tough and possible final against Daniil is tough too. One could say that winning this tournament will be harder for Novak than the whole Wimbledon 2021.

Btw Croatia is kicking ass in men's doubles. We have Mektic/Pavic most likely to win gold and in other SF Cilic/Dodig will have their chance to reach final. Might be all Croatians final in men's doubles. Every medal counts for a small country like Cro.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In the interest of player's health and welfare and following extensive consultation,tennis events will begin at 3pm JST from Thursday 29th July....( gee it took them to make this decision after 4 players retired with heat stress,one WTA player had to be put in a wheel chair yesterday because she could not walk off court by herself).

• Angry
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie,
I see The Young Greek and Maria Sakkari won their match against the Canadian's in straight sets,so I guess his ankle injury was not that serious after all,though he did look awkward when he fell in his singles match

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Moxie,
I see The Young Greek and Maria Sakkari won their match against the Canadian's in straight sets,so I guess his ankle injury was not that serious after all,though he did look awkward when he fell in his singles match

Perseus needed to "get up" and finish that singles' match or gotten disqualified from the MX'd Dubs since the match was on the same day! :yes:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Perseus needed to "get up" and finish that singles' match or gotten disqualified from the MX'd Dubs since the match was on the same day! :yes:
He did finish the singles match he lost in 3 sets.,I did not think the way he fell,he would be up to playing the mixed doubles

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie,
Game On BTW The Young Greek and Maria Sakkari take on Ash Barty/John Peers in the mixed doubles Oi,Oi,Oi,

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425