The Rankings Thread (ATP)

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
nadal ends the best player in the world something going to happen next year.:yahoo::)

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
thanks to Mr Vavrinec, Manacor's bull ends N°1 again

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
nadal could hold number one for a while if he does well at atp cup+ Austrailan open he had a poor clay court season leading up RG so its looking for Rafael nadal.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nadal could hold number one for a while if he does well at atp cup+ Austrailan open he had a poor clay court season leading up RG so its looking for Rafael nadal.

If he stays healthy he will hold the no.1 spot until 2025. :clap:B-)

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
If he stays healthy he will hold the no.1 spot until 2025. :clap:B-)
of course the only way nadal loses number one next year is with injury like all the other times its the only reason why he has not defend YEO, even with that he has five number one records nadal skipped 3 masters events as well so lot of points to gain.:yesyes:

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I guess that would be different if Thiem had not chosen to practice against Berrettini. It would be 200 points more. And as Fiero noticed above there's Brisbane still.

It finally all caught up with Medvedev! This "broken clock" thought he might end up fading a bit! It seems to have happened later than sooner, dropping all 3 of his RR matches at the YEC! He was poised to take over #3 ranking from Fed, but had a bad Paris showing losing his 1st match in the 2nd round! Daniil has a very good chance of dropping from #4 to #5 which has all kinds of implications in the seedings of protection in the AO next Jan.! :whistle: :yesyes: :facepalm: :eek: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It finally all caught up with Medvedev! This "broken clock" thought he might end up fading a bit! It seems to have happened later than sooner, dropping all 3 of his RR matches at the YEC! He was poised to take over #3 ranking from Fed, but had a bad Paris showing losing his 1st match in the 2nd round! Daniil has a very good chance of dropping from #4 to #5 which has all kinds of implications in the seedings of protection in the AO next Jan.!
We don't always agree, but I, like you did expect Medvedev to hit some kind of a wall. Rather wish he'd come through today, but no matter. In the usual "recentism," a lot of people expected him to keep going, non-stop. Instead, it's the guys who've been getting some crap across the year that are coming good: Tsitispas, Thiem and Zverev. Just to remind us all to keep one foot on the floor. Anyway, will be some drama for who gets the #4 before the AO.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
seeing as atp cup has 750 max points as well spain are in a easy group nadal will be number to at least Australian open next year maybe even to Wimbledon if he has better clay court season.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
seeing as atp cup has 750 max points as well spain are in a easy group nadal will be number to at least Australian open next year maybe even to Wimbledon if he has better clay court season.
Nadal is currently 840 points ahead of Djokovic. Between now and through Madrid, Nadal is defending 2465, and Djokovic 3405. Wiggle room for Nadal, but plenty of tennis before then.

Reactions: Andy22

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal is currently 840 points ahead of Djokovic. Between now and through Madrid, Nadal is defending 2465, and Djokovic 3405. Wiggle room for Nadal, but plenty of tennis before then.
nadal can also gain a lot of points in Indian wells+maimi as well if he's 100 percent.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nadal can also gain a lot of points in Indian wells+maimi as well if he's 100 percent.
I'm not sure about the new ATP tournament, but if you look at points to defend between the two, week-in and week-out early in the year, there are some when Novak has more, and some when Rafa has more to defend. Rafa has the buffer, but there's not much room for error on either side. The biggest one, obviously, is Novak defending the AO, but Rafa is defending finalist points. I didn't look beyond Madrid, but you can see kind of how that's all pretty tight, too.

Reactions: Andy22

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
nadal could be number one for all of next year he's owning next gen players as well thiem the man is just unstoppable at the moment.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Medvedev dropped to no. 5 after losing to Zverev in London. He may be able to get back to the top 4 before the AO, but Thiem will also have chances to secure his position.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Medvedev dropped to no. 5 after losing to Zverev in London. He may be able to get back to the top 4 before the AO, but Thiem will also have chances to secure his position.
I just looked it up. Thiem is ahead of Medvedev by 120 points. Thiem is defending no points before AO, but DM is defending 150 from Brisbane (finals, L to Kei.) So good chance Thiem holds onto the #4 if he does much of anything at all before the AO.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Medvedev didn't do that great at the slams besides the USO so he still has the potential to be number 1 by Wimbledon. Thiem on the other hand is defending a lot more till then than Medvedev. If I was a betting man (and I used to be - very hardcore at that) I'd put good money on Medvedev making number 1 by Wimbledon if he gets his shit together.

2019 he reached the AO 4th round, lost in round 1 at RG and round 3 at Wimbledon. A lot of potential to gain points at the first 3 slams next year.

Last edited:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I just looked it up. Thiem is ahead of Medvedev by 120 points. Thiem is defending no points before AO, but DM is defending 150 from Brisbane (finals, L to Kei.) So good chance Thiem holds onto the #4 if he does much of anything at all before the AO.

#5 Medvedev def. #2 Djokovic in AO QF :lol6:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
#5 Medvedev def. #2 Djokovic in AO QF :lol6:

Stranger things have happened. If the AO plays as fast as the last 2 years though his serve will be very tough to return so doubt Nadal would like to draw him either or Federer etc. Bottom line, don't be cocky cos he could beat any of them on a fast court.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Medvedev didn't do that great at the slams besides the USO so he still has the potential to be number 1 by Wimbledon. Thiem on the other hand is defending a lot more till then than Medvedev. If I was a betting man (and I used to be - very hardcore at that) I'd put good money on Medvedev making number 1 by Wimbledon if he gets his shit together.

Bold prediction. I like that.

#Fronthascojones

Reactions: Moxie and Front242

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

2019 he reached the AO 4th round, lost in round 1 at RG and round 3 at Wimbledon. A lot of potential to gain points at the first 3 slams next year.
So, poor-ish/mediocre results in 3 Majors last year seems to me a strange predictor that he'll leap to #1 next year...esp. given that only 4 active players have been either 1 or 2 since, like 2004, right?