Administrator
Reactions
New career high May 6, 2019:

31. Matteo Berrettini 23y
33. Cristian Garin 22y
84. Miomir Kecmanovic 19y
87. Lloyd Harris 22y
94. Alexander Bublik 21y

It’s worth noting that they’re all relatively young (23 or under). Usually there’s at least one guy in his late 20s, if not 30s.

Reactions: Fiero425 and herios

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It’s worth noting that they’re all relatively young (23 or under). Usually there’s at least one guy in his late 20s, if not 30s.
Good observation. Next week we will go back to normal, because it is clear that Pella will feature again.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Career high 13 May:

7. Stefanos Tsitsipas 20y
21. Guido Pella 28y
41. Hubert Hurkacz 22y
53. Reilly Opelka 21y
62. Ugo Humbert 20y

Reactions: Fiero425

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Curious to know how many points Fed has gained so far assuming he loses in quarters tomorrow and at least makes the quarterfinals in Paris. How much has playing the clay season assisted him?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Curious to know how many points Fed has gained so far assuming he loses in quarters tomorrow and at least makes the quarterfinals in Paris. How much has playing the clay season assisted him?

I looked a little while ago! It appears just 180 so far! He's got a lot more work ahead of him if he wants to move back to #1! Give it up! :whistle:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

He got 180 in Madrid. If he loses to Perseus here, he will again get another 180. If he reaches QF in Paris, then he will get another 360.
The total clay accumulation would be 720.

However, Federer is not playing in clay to gather some points. His main motivations are the following.

1. Ensure he does not get rusty due to sitting out the entire clay season.
2. There is a negligible, but non-zero, chances of winning RG especially considering that no one
seems to be in charge.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tsitsipas keeps on climbing. He will pass Kei this week surely and now he is one victory away to pass Sasha.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tsitsipas keeps on climbing. He will pass Kei this week surely and now he is one victory away to pass Sasha.
I just checked him, he is 3rd in a race to ATP finals. I believe he has a real chance to end in first 5 this season. He is putting himself in a good position to attack the slams, if not this year, perhaps next one?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I just checked him, he is 3rd in a race to ATP finals. I believe he has a real chance to end in first 5 this season. He is putting himself in a good position to attack the slams, if not this year, perhaps next one?

Somebody better reign him in a lit'l! I think he's playing too much & w/ success, he's playing more matches! "Pull back Perseus!" :whistle: :rolleyes:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Somebody better reign him in a lit'l! I think he's playing too much & w/ success, he's playing more matches! "Pull back Perseus!" :whistle: :rolleyes:
Big3 better chain him while they can. Hope he stays injury free.

Reactions: Fiero425

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think he will. This is his only second full time year on your and they usually commit months ahead to the events.
My guess is that he did not expect such a sudden rise and committed to more events just to get the experience. Once he is so high seeded and expected to go to the ends of the events, he will eventually re-evaluate.
I don't expect him to repeat Thiem's mistakes.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^It is sometimes not easy to get what you guys really mean, for most of you english is a first language. When I see some discussions and the way toughts are presented, sometimes I feel like I'm reading Shakespeare.

Bear with me

Reactions: shawnbm

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I can see a tennis future post-Fedalovic where the Greek, Asutrian and German regularly wage war against each other. Those will be fun matches to watch. Of course, Fedalovic still are better than they are and are winning most of the Masters and all of the majors still. Hard to comprehend how so after so many years, but it is still the case.

Reactions: mrzz

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I can see a tennis future post-Fedalovic where the Greek, Asutrian and German regularly wage war against each other. Those will be fun matches to watch. Of course, Fedalovic still are better than they are and are winning most of the Masters and all of the majors still. Hard to comprehend how so after so many years, but it is still the case.
It does point in that direction. If we sprinkle in a croatian and some canadians, future looks bright to me.

Reactions: shawnbm

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
New career high May 20:

6. Stefanos Tsitsipas 20y
11. Fabio Fognini 31y
28. Felix Auger-Aliassime 18y
41. Cameron Norrie 23y
52. Jaume Munar 22y
61. Ugo Humbert 20y
63. Christian Ruud 20y
90. Alexander Bublik 21y

Reactions: tented

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It does point in that direction. If we sprinkle in a croatian and some canadians, future looks bright to me.
Sorry if I am a little conservative on Borna's prospects, but based on what I have seen so far, the two big Russians, Khachanov and Medvedev will have a better career.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sorry if I am a little conservative on Borna's prospects, but based on what I have seen so far, the two big Russians, Khachanov and Medvedev will have a better career.
Well, me too. As much as I like to throw him in a conversation I am aware that he might not end up doing that great. I get emotional, like the other day he played against Fed, I just have to cheer for him.

He looks more of a hard worker than what people call a real talent and I am hoping that at some point in his career that hard work will pay off and he gets a slam. He did took out Fed, Nadal and Murray, altough all of them were not close to their best, but is promising.

I have a same conservative feeling about Shapovalov. I am not convinced yet, but when I see someone like Tsitsipas I just say this is a champion and I have no doubts.