42. Frances Tiafoe 20y
50. John Millman. 29y
73. Cameron Norrie 23y
77. Mackenzie McDonald 23y

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
New career high this week:

On a related note, this week we also have a new career low. Andy Murray's ranking dropped to #839. This is literally the lowest ranking he ever had since turning pro. Note that career low is more difficult to achieve than career high. Even more embarrassing is the fact that he is currently British #23 considering the state of British tennis.

Reactions: Fiero425 and mrzz

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
On a related note, this week we also have a new career low. Andy Murray's ranking dropped to #839. This is literally the lowest ranking he ever had since turning pro. Note that career low is more difficult to achieve than career high. Even more embarrassing is the fact that he is currently British #23 considering the state of British tennis.
That's a precipitous fall, given that he was #1 about, what 20 months ago? Is this reportage or schadenfreude on your part, GSM? I don't think you're a fan. Well, JMDP fell pretty low, too, and has pulled it back. Here's hoping Murray makes a solid comeback soon.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
That's a precipitous fall, given that he was #1 about, what 20 months ago? Is this reportage or schadenfreude on your part, GSM? I don't think you're a fan. Well, JMDP fell pretty low, too, and has pulled it back. Here's hoping Murray makes a solid comeback soon.

You are right, I am no fan of Murray. But, I am sure he would climb his way back up, even if he does not manage to win a slam again.

But, the report is 100% true. Also, remember that since people usually start from the bottom and climb up, it is very difficult (and almost impossible) to reach a career low ranking. Note that going out of rankings is a different story. Here, I am confining to actual ranking numbers associated with him at various points.

Michael;Kiwi

Futures Player
Reactions
12 months

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Don't count me among those who doubt or root against Murray. I am pretty sure he will easily reclaim more than 700 (yes, seven hundred) positions, get around #100 and #120, and easily stay there.

Reactions: DarthFed

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
Don't count me among those who doubt or root against Murray. I am pretty sure he will easily reclaim more than 700 (yes, seven hundred) positions, get around #100 and #120, and easily stay there.
I'd say with this last sentence you are actually rooting against Murray, because everyone (not just his fans), including himself, expect him to bounce back higher than around #100. Maybe not as high as he was but at least regain a brit #1 status, be in the top 10-20 and be a GS contestant again, even if he does not win GS anymore. Anything less would mean underachievement, given his past records.

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
Good lord, you're right. He only lost his #1 ranking Aug 21 last year. That's astonishing.
He definitely beat Stan as the "down-mover" of the year, or maybe a decade. I don't know any plunge case like Stan or Andy in recent ATP records.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He definitely beat Stan as the "down-mover" of the year, or maybe a decade. I don't know any plunge case like Stan or Andy in recent ATP records.
I know the point system is straight-forward, but it's pretty shocking.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

JMDP went below Andy's current ranking (may be he went outside top 1000) when he had to take time off for wrist surgery.

Reactions: Chris Koziarz

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I'd say with this last sentence you are actually rooting against Murray, because everyone (not just his fans), including himself, expect him to bounce back higher than around #100. Maybe not as high as he was but at least regain a brit #1 status, be in the top 10-20 and be a GS contestant again, even if he does not win GS anymore. Anything less would mean underachievement, given his past records.

Mrzz is stabbing behind the back pretending to support Andy. Let me be very generous here. I am confident that Andy will bounce back to top 50 within an year from today. I wish him many more years in the range 17 to 50 and no more GS. :D

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
You guys are awful. imo.
I know you always liked Murray. You have to admit, because you were here all these years that many posters disliked him, thus they do not miss him.
I personally think he will make a strong comeback, but time will tell how strong. In any case, I doubt he will be a contender for #1 anymore.

Last edited:

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
You guys are awful. imo.
To misquote an old British comedian "Ooh! They are awful but I like them." Lol. We've been having a fascinating conversation the last few days which I've really enjoyed.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I know you always liked Murray. You have to admit, because you were here all these years that many posters disliked him, this they fodon miss him.
I personally think he will make a strong comeback, but time will tell how strong. In any case, I doubt he will be a contender for #1 anymore.
Can u translate the above to English? Otherwise, yes, I know a lot of people around here don't care for Murray. But I'm unclear why it makes them so happy to see him fall.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Can u translate the above to English? Otherwise, yes, I know a lot of people around here don't care for Murray. But I'm unclear why it makes them so happy to see him fall.

Sorry, I should be more careful and use always proofreading.
The erroneous section should have been: "thus do not miss him"