"The Andy Murray Problem"

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
No, you mostly just post about one player and this isn't biggaynadallove.com last time I checked.

A

auto-pilot

^ Get a grip.
You are mentioning "you know who" more than me.
And you are spamming this thread with vile hate.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
auto-pilot said:
^ Get a grip.
You are mentioning "you know who" more than me.
And you are spamming this board with vile hate.

No one here mentions him more than you. I'm happy to discuss Murray in threads about Murray as are most people. Of course you can mention how he stands up to you know who but no need to go off on an unrelated tangent about said player's undefeated records against other players 'cos it has nothing to do with Murray. I could name tons of players who have undefeated records against others but it has zero to do with Murray who this thread is about.

A

auto-pilot

^ On this thread you have mentioned him more than me, by far, as I only made a passing reference (when discussing what Murray/big4 need to do) in that post.
Even in the Djokovic Era thread I refused to talk about "you know who" while others continued after I stopped.
You are spamming this thread and you are doing something which I never do, and that's personally attack another poster.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
lol at auto-spamit..clearly nadalrg2005 has re-launched under a new alias, even if he/she wasn't banned before. it does not matter.

all the usual tidal wave of nadal obsessed spew is here to be laughed at. the same poasting style, the same agenda, the same vaulting steaming pile of overheated fly infested dingo poo.

oh well..maybe auto-spamit will start having an argument with his other self (nadalrg2005) and stop bothering decent poasters.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It is shame this post has gone off the topic

May I say I gave Murray a 'free pass' last year due to his back surgery

In saying that I believe this year will be a 'make or break year for Murray'

I also think if his ranking drops and his results in tournaments and Grand Slams are below par he has to seriously think of parting ways with Mauresmo.It was a shame Lendl decided not to coach anymore,he was a revelation for Murray in soo many ways.

A

auto-pilot

Like I said before, I'm curious to hear whether Murray offered Lendl a part-time consulting role.
If Lendl didn't want to be away from his family I suspect he'd take a consulting (non-traveling) role, thereby keeping Murray on the right path to an extent at least.
If Murray didn't think it was worthwhile back then, I suspect he does now.
The question is whether they parted ways on cordial terms or whether the bridge was burned.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Oh and btw, Nadal was being destroyed by Nishikori in Madrid till he got injured so may want to keep that in mind when you say he's undefeated against him.

He is undefeated against him though.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
Front242 said:
Oh and btw, Nadal was being destroyed by Nishikori in Madrid till he got injured so may want to keep that in mind when you say he's undefeated against him.

With a huge asterisk.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Front242 said:
No, you mostly just post about one player and this isn't biggaynadallove.com last time I checked.

:laydownlaughing

I post to bigestnolelovepossibleever.com but don't you dare make fun of that.:lolz:

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
why couldn't he have kept lendl on part-time..does the coach really have to be oncourt during training ?, does the coach really have to be at most matches ?.

surely with modern technology they could find ways for lendl to see murrays big matches and/or training drills from his home if he didn't want to be physically travelling alot of the time..

surely at age 27 nearly 28 murray can look after himself tennis wise 90% of the time..and have lendl via 21st century media platforms overseeing and then discussing stuff with andy.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
those are good point JLLB and I don't follow Murray as closely to know the details.

I know that Vajda was tired of all the travel, but he is still part of Nole's team and they talk constantly even if Vajda is home and Nole and BB away in a tournament. But Vajda was present during off season training in Monte Carlo in December.

Maybe Murray and Lendl couldn't reach an agreement about at least part time coaching job.:puzzled

A

auto-pilot

JesuslookslikeBorg said:
why couldn't he have kept lendl on part-time..does the coach really have to be oncourt during training ?, does the coach really have to be at most matches ?.

surely with modern technology they could find ways for lendl to see murrays big matches and/or training drills from his home if he didn't want to be physically travelling alot of the time..

surely at age 27 nearly 28 murray can look after himself tennis wise 90% of the time..and have lendl via 21st century media platforms overseeing and then discussing stuff with andy.

I agree.
In a way it could be said that coaches are wasting their time when they do all this traveling.

The instruction could be done via telecommunications and then the player just has to carry out the instruction with the hitting partner (which could be witnessed by the coach via video link-up if need be).

I know in club level tennis the coach is often physically interacting with the player and holding his arm to advise technique etc., but I don't think that would be necessary in pro tennis too often.

And when it comes to the matches there is obviously no instruction taking place except for the odd hand signal (which could be carried out by another member of the entourage anyway who may or may not be receiving text messages from the coach).

Or maybe I'm underestimating the spiritual influence of a coach; but I think most tennis players are in a good enough place spiritually to attend matches without a coach (although maybe Murray has never been in a good place spiritually except for when Lendl was in the player's box).

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Denisovich said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
Front242 said:

With a huge asterisk.

I checked the head to head, didn't see one. Are you sure?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
lol at auto-spamit..clearly nadalrg2005 has re-launched under a new alias, even if he/she wasn't banned before. it does not matter.

all the usual tidal wave of nadal obsessed spew is here to be laughed at. the same poasting style, the same agenda, the same vaulting steaming pile of overheated fly infested dingo poo.

oh well..maybe auto-spamit will start having an argument with his other self (nadalrg2005) and stop bothering decent poasters.
That hasn't been proven JLLB, so probably not a good idea to accuse someone of being someone else. Just debate this poster and not label him/her as a reincarnation of someone else.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
It's 100% the same person, come on. Every single thing about the posting style and Nadal worship is the same.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Do you have undeniable proof? If you don't, then you can't make that assumption. Why not just debate them for what they post. Tennis Frontier doesn't support attacking users, so tread lightly.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Andy Murray is looking for a assistant coach,as Mauresmo cannot be with him full time,she is also Fed Cup Captain for France,which Murray knew in advance.