Srdjan finally calling Fedal right name

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Mastoor said:
Fedal are terrible hypocrites

Speaking of hypocrites:

Djokovic's dad criticizes Nadal for allegedly putting aside his friendship with Novak once their rivalry got intense only to have the following to say about Andy Murray and Novak:

"I have never, not even for a second, felt jealousy from Andy's family. They cannot be best friends as they fight for the most important titles"

Hmm... Sounds to me like they can't be friends for the same reason Nadal can't be friends with Djokovic. Yet Papa Djoko applies double standards to the logic.

Anyway, if my family were this obnoxious, I wouldn't have too many friends either.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
He is not a former player, coach or philosopher, he is just a sperm donor that brought DJoker and his siblings into this world. This is a pure case of Mind over Matter.. I don't mind what his dad said because he doesn't Matter to the game of tennis.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Mastoor hasn't been around since, um, Saturday. I think it was before the Nadal-Djokovic match. Certainly not since then.

I wonder if there's a connection between the match and his absence? :huh:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
He is not a former player, coach or philosopher, he is just a sperm donor that brought DJoker and his siblings into this world. This is a pure case of Mind over Matter.. I don't mind what his dad said because he doesn't Matter to the game of tennis.

Just a "sperm donor"? Obviously he loves his sons. He worked very hard and made all kinds of sacrifices for his son to be able to go to Germany to improve his tennis. His strong (albeit inappropriate) comments were better kept at home at the dinner table, than aired to the press. Comments diminishing him to a "Y" chromosome are similarly misguided.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
the AntiPusher said:

Just a "sperm donor"? Obviously he loves his sons. He worked very hard and made all kinds of sacrifices for his son to be able to go to Germany to improve his tennis. His strong (albeit inappropriate) comments were better kept at home at the dinner table, than aired to the press. Comments diminishing him to a "Y" chromosome are similarly misguided.

That's true. Dopey as the comments were, they're his view and the guy has been a great supporter of his son. I actually like Novak's da, I call him the Gangsta Daddy cos he looks so GoodFellas cool. I noted that he went over to hug Judi Murray in the players box after the final at W, which was class...

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
nehmeth said:
the AntiPusher said:

Agreed. Let's keep the focus on the comments themselves, rather than the kind of man Novak's dad since nobody here knows him enough to comment.

I think the main problem with the comments he made was seemingly criticizing Federer as a person. To paraphrase: "As a tennis player Federer is the best. As a person he's the OPPOSITE." This is a really strong claim that I really don't see how anyone can defend.

With all that said, it's equally important not to somehow invoke Novak himself in all of this. He was wise to distance himself from these claims, and at the end of the day, he wasn't responsible for them.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kieran said:
That's true. Dopey as the comments were, they're his view and the guy has been a great supporter of his son. I actually like Novak's da, I call him the Gangsta Daddy cos he looks so GoodFellas cool. I noted that he went over to hug Judi Murray in the players box after the final at W, which was class...

Djokovic's mother also congratulated Judy, and I agree it was very classy of Novak's parents to have done that.