Srdjan finally calling Fedal right name

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Offtopic, but I wanted to share. I came across a photo made in Monte Carlo couple of days ago and only now I understand Kieran's complaints about No1e's responsibility for dole being paid late to the recipients in Ireland. Until now I've never understood how is No1e related to this mater but now I see that the richest Irish moved to Monaco following his favourite tennis player to avoid paying tax in Ireland, so that must be it:

http://tennistrotteur.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/1.jpg

1.jpg

G

Grossefavourite

In any event, the last time Rojay defeated Novak the NYT published an article expressing shock at Roger's and Mirka's tackless celebrations in the tunnels. The article described it as tantamount to taunting. Obviously, Roger and Mirka aren't the paragon of unassailable moral rectitude that his fans and much of the press have been trying to perp on the unsuspecting public. But I know otherwise.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Grossefavourite said:
In any event, the last time Rojay defeated Novak the NYT published an article expressing shock at Roger's and Mirka's tackless celebrations in the tunnels. The article described it as tantamount to taunting. Obviously, Roger and Mirka aren't the paragon of unassailable moral rectitude that his fans and much of the press have been trying to perp on the unsuspecting public. But I know otherwise.

So which is better? Celebrating off court or in the public eye on tv all over the world like Hulk Hogan ripping your shirt off?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Front242 said:
Grossefavourite said:

So which is better? Celebrating off court or in the public eye on tv all over the world like Hulk Hogan ripping your shirt off?

Roger lost his luster and innocence a while back! He's still the best we've ever seen, but his ego has inflated and his persona declined! I've seen him rude with linespeople and the unpire! He actually told some people in the stands to shut up! That is not what we're accustomed in seeing from him! Just proves the end is near!

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Front242 said:
Grossefavourite said:

Roger lost his luster and innocence a while back! He's still the best we've ever seen, but his ego has inflated and his persona declined! I've seen him rude with linespeople and the unpire! He actually told some people in the stands to shut up! That is not what we're accustomed in seeing from him! Just proves the end is near!

Er, you realize the shut up to the crowd incident was because some stupid cow from the crowd shouted out to a ball that wasn't out. He was quite right to tell her to shut up. Roger was actually an angry racquet smashing brat early in his career. And the incident you're speaking of with the umpire at the US Open 2009 was again quite justified. Del Potro called a challenge when they were practically sitting down! Completely ridiculous. I'll be the first to admit none of them are angels but actually the two examples you cited he was right to get ratty over. Clown in the crowd at RG calling out and making tons of noise during rallies and clown umpire allowing way too late challenges.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0zJkvDwyx8&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

G

Grossefavourite

Front242 said:
Grossefavourite said:

Yes. Ripping off the shirt is delish, precipitating massive overheating of vital body parts. I could just eat him up when he, Novak, does that. Are you telling me that every fibre of your being isn't inflamed with desire every time he does that?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Front242 said:
Fiero425 said:
Front242 said:
Grossefavourite said:

Er, you realize the shut up to the crowd incident was because some stupid cow from the crowd shouted out to a ball that wasn't out. He was quite right to tell her to shut up. Roger was actually an angry racquet smashing brat early in his career. And the incident you're speaking of with the umpire at the US Open 2009 was again quite justified. Del Potro called a challenge when they were practically sitting down! Completely ridiculous. I'll be the first to admit none of them are angels but actually the two examples you cited he was right to get ratty over. Clown in the crowd at RG calling out and making tons of noise during rallies and clown umpire allowing way too late challenges.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0zJkvDwyx8&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Just keep making excuses for him! :clap :D :blush: :angel: That's even more embarrassing! There have been more incidences than those cited! You're obviously not keeping up him as well as me! I really don't care! He's on the way out anyway, while Nole and Andy are on the ascension!

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Front242 said:
Fiero425 said:
Front242 said:
Grossefavourite said:

Just keep making excuses for him! :clap :D :blush: :angel: That's even more embarrassing! There have been more incidences than those cited! You're obviously not keeping up him as well as me! I really don't care! He's on the way out anyway, while Nole and Andy are on the ascension!

Novak told the crowd to suck his d**k in Serbian not long ago. Classy :p As I said, none of them are angels. Andy's the worst when it comes to cursing actually although he's calmed it down a lot since Lendl arrived.

G

Grossefavourite

Front242 said:
Fiero425 said:
Front242 said:
Fiero425 said:
Front242 said:

Novak told the crowd to suck his d**k in Serbian not long ago. Classy :p As I said, none of them are angels. Andy's the worst when it comes to cursing actually although he's calmed it down a lot since Lendl arrived.

That was hottttttttttttttttttttt!!!

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
[/quote]

[/quote]

OMG, Andy's totally out of control at times! It's as if he doesn't believe he's lost a point and screams at his camp, starts whining about his racket or shoes, and a lot more! It's a wonder Lendl puts up with it! That final against Nole in Shanghai kills me! Nole appears to feel he's lost it, even hit a ball between his legs, but won the point and the match! Both broke their rackets at the end of a set! It was hilarious! You really have to whack those things to get them to bend and break; very sturdy unlike the crap I had to play with way back when! I went through more than 60 rackets easily btw, so I know what I'm talking about! lol! :blush: :angel:

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:

[/quote]

OMG, Andy's totally out of control at times! It's as if he doesn't believe he's lost a point and screams at his camp, starts whining about his racket or shoes, and a lot more! It's a wonder Lendl puts up with it! That final against Nole in Shanghai kills me! Nole appears to feel he's lost it, even hit a ball between his legs, but won the point and the match! Both broke their rackets at the end of a set! It was hilarious! You really have to whack those things to get them to bend and break; very sturdy unlike the crap I had to play with way back when! I went through more than 60 rackets easily btw, so I know what I'm talking about! lol! :blush: :angel:
[/quote]

I'm not a fan of Andy swearing but is he the worst? If we're talking English then possibly. If we're talking in general then NO. Other players swear far more than Andy. The difference is they do it in their own language.

When was the last time you saw Andy 'totally out of control'? I'd love to know. Andy hires most of his team from the LTA. If they don't like how he treats them then they don't need to stay with him. Most of his team have been with him for 6+ years. Lendl has said that he doesn't mind Andy venting a bit at his box. It's not directed at anyone. He's just showing a bit of frustration and it's happening less and less. Besides Lendl is paid very, very well for 'putting up' with Andy.

The top guys are all very different characters. We shouldn't expect any of them to be perfect. All in all I think they are all great ambassadors for the sport.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
andy has had a lot to deal with:

1. 2 all time greats in roger and nadal who kept taking home all the slams

2. then nole came along who had that movement of death and deadly finishing power off both wings

3. british press

4. nagging injuries

andy is not a bad dude. he has had a lot on his plate. he has been trying to figure out things.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Well, I must say I am a bit surprised. When I heard that my friend posted this here, I honestly suspected worse than this.

Still makes me laugh. The part about Nole's biggest rivals was not part of the main article in the original interview with Kurir, it was a kind of a footnote and he was asked that question. So what was he supposed to do, lie?:D

Don't know why Nadal fans are so crossed, we could all see Nadal behaving colder and colder to Nole, as with that Nadal fans towards Nole fans. If you are uneasy about that, the simple solution is don't behave that way, be a bit more gracious and open minded and accept the fact that Nole is a worthy #1.

Federer has so many titles and records, but some stuff he and his team pulled out against Nole, well Srdjan is Nole's dad and which dad can be expected to praise somebody who wants to discredit his kid? Any dads here? Would you allow that without ever saying something about it. And sorry there is no excuse and nobody can convince me that a gentlemanly world's #1 tennis player calls a 18-year old kid a joke without ever knowing if that kid really has some medical issues. And you can read about his medical conditions in his upcoming diet book.:D

I would never dare say: shut up or quiet to any of my friends parents. I am not raised that way. As a matter of fact, I find that episode more embarrassing for Federer than Nole's parents. But again that is just me.

There are so many great points in the whole interview (I read the other 2 parts) and don't worry, Srdjan does not mention Fedals at all.:D

According to him, the most important thing in a society is family. He is proud of all 3 boys equally and lets them do their own thing, doesn't complain about their choices of living, training, etc...even though he misses seeing them in one house like in the past.

He blasts past and current Serbian Tennis Federation officials and some politicians, stopping short of calling them incompetent (that is my translation, not Srdjan's words) and is full of praise for Janko, Viktor, Nenad, Ana and Jelena, loves them all.

He also talked about his struggles, money problems, how GB offered Nole citizenship and financial help, but they just couldn't do it. And how only Jelena Gencic first and then Niki Pilic believed in Nole and kept convincing him to keep going and find money to provide Nole with decent training.

He talked briefly about the loss of Srdjan's father and how Nole was affected. Also talked about his illness and how for 5 weeks doctors had to fight for his life and they didn't really know if he would survive. But he did live and thanks God and his family for caring for him.

I know that these things don't mean anything to most of you, just wanted to point some things out. I see a lot of people looking at him as some sort of lunatic, annoying, loud, but above all he is just a dad who had to go through a lot of crap in his life to provide for his kids. They used to have so little, but they were always laughing and kids would scream and break things in their apartment when playing, but he never punished them for that and loved hearing kids laughing so he told his wife to never punish them for playing. I could go on and on, but I think I made my point. And I am very well aware that some of you will make fun of me and my post, but it doesn't matter. This is the truth.:clap

In this world full of pretending and false patting on the back, I find him very refreshing in how frank and open minded he is.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
britbox said:
^ But if Federer is frank and speaks his mind then not so refreshing I take it?

You can equate them? I'm very disappointed! I really thought better of you! Shame really! Nole had to go through so much to get where he is while Roger had it relatively easy! The game came to him easier, his game's effortless while Nole was more a Lendl clone; an artisan! I respect both for their accomplishments, but can tell Novak worked harder to get where he is today and appreciate him more at this time! Roger's had his time; he needs to get over his ego and step away when appropriate! I said the same thing about my female fave; Martina Navratilova! You can't stay out there forever!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
?? That's of no relevance to the point I was making.

The point being that Old Man Djokovic shoots his mouth off about rival players and is labelled frank and refreshing. Yet when Federer does it, he's labelled a harlot of beezlebub.

How they got to the top is something different altogether and had nothing to do with that point.

...and on the "Federer needs to step away.." You do realize Mr Djokovic is referring to comments made Seven years ago? Perhaps, he needs to move on from things himself, instead of harbouring petty grudges from years long gone.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
britbox said:
^ But if Federer is frank and speaks his mind then not so refreshing I take it?

Really, you didn't read my post that carefully. The fact is that Nole had and still has health issues. So you think it is cool to mock somebody's health? :nono

So that means that Federer thought that Nole was faking the whole time, when he has allergies, asthma and is sensitive to gluten. I could understand if there was no documented health issues, but seeing the situation from everything we know today, would you agree that Nole seems to have had health issues?

You know what I find even funnier about that old incident is that Federer's excuse was that he was only defending his buddy Wawrinka and years later he threw him under a bus during last year's DC loss. And they are not so friendly anymore, while Nole on the other hand has a very good and healthy relationship with Wawrinka.

I don't remember Nole ever calling any young up and coming players any kind of names, on the contrary tries to help them whenever he can. Defended Tomic recently when he was attacked about not giving his best efforts in some matches, Raonic spoke publicly about Nole helping him in French media, and for the past 4 days he was practicing with a young Italian guy in Corsica and even thanked him for doing that and wished him all the best in his career.

Everybody is different, these are my opinions and how I treat people, give them benefit of the doubt so I don't hold that particular episode against Nole against Federer that much, but his dad does, what do you do?:D I know that people usually think the worst about somebody new and unknown so I understand Federer's reaction.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
britbox said:

The point being that Old Man Djokovic shoots his mouth off about rival players and is labelled frank and refreshing. Yet when Federer does it, he's labelled a harlot of beezlebub.

How they got to the top is something different altogether and had nothing to do with that point.

One's a parent defending his son while the other is a veteran #1 player! That doesn't compute to me; sorry!

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
britbox said:

Do you really think that or are you kidding me? His dad went broke, they had to save on other 2 kids in order to provide a bit more for Nole and all that effort and everything he tries gets mocked by Federer. Only because Nole took some injury time outs?

I would like to see you when some authority calls your kid a joke without really deserving it.:p

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Billie said:
britbox said:

Do you really think that or are you kidding me? His dad went broke, they had to save on other 2 kids in order to provide a bit more for Nole and all that effort and everything he tries gets mocked by Federer. Only because Nole took some injury time outs?

I would like to see you when some authority calls your kid a joke without really deserving it.:p

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap Thank you! I thought I was going nuts! How the two can be compared is beyond me! Shhesshhh! :huh: :huh: :huh: :laydownlaughing This is like comparing the treatment and growth of Eastern block countries to the pampered lives of my fellow American players! lol!