Srdjan finally calling Fedal right name

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think I have this deal figured out:

he has come to a sudden realization that it will be near impossible to catch up with roger and nadal in terms of what they have been able to achieve. roger and nadal are also among the most popular athletes of all time.

so why not get some satisfaction by calling them out at least.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
djmm said:
Didn't Fed tell him and his wife to shut up before?!? :D Well ...

Nah. Just "be quiet ok" and they were loud and annoying that match alright.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fpd23dTcT6c[/video]

Mog

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Front242 said:
djmm said:
Didn't Fed tell him and his wife to shut up before?!? :D Well ...

Nah. Just "be quiet ok" and they were loud and annoying that match alright.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fpd23dTcT6c[/video]
That was the right thing to tell the "loud and annoying family".

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
When asked by reporters about his reaction to Srdjan Djokovic’s comments on his relationship with Novak, Rafa had this to say:

“If he wants to know how I get along with Nole, he should better ask his son.”

“My relationship with him [Novak] has always been very good and it still is.”

“I’ve lost lots of matches against him and vice-versa, but we’ve never had a problem.”

“People are entitled to their opinions. It’s not my place to respond to anyone, especially without having heard or read these comments.”

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
The Djokovic camp would do better to focus on practicing hard right now as the last two tournaments Novak has played very well up to the final and given poor efforts by his standards in both finals of the last 2 slams. Much more constructive time spent than this pointless nonsense.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Iona16 said:
When asked by reporters about his reaction to Srdjan Djokovic’s comments on his relationship with Novak, Rafa had this to say:

“I’ve lost lots of matches against him and vice-versa, but we’ve never had a problem.”

“People are entitled to their opinions. It’s not my place to respond to anyone, especially without having heard or read these comments.”

interesting.

I think they are not as close as before.

nadal and murray are closer. they respect each other more and it shows.

they all lead such busy lives so who has time for sustained friendship on the tour anyway.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
First time I opened this thread I thought all it was gonna be was an article saying he remembers their full names. And all I got was this lousy writeup :p

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Jeeze Mastoor. Why did ya have to post this. Our boy's dad does not make him look good here. It looks petty. All of the players have significant character flaws, it just depends on which one you relate too. I saw this a day or two ago, and decided best not to post.

Cap'n Jack Murray may be the most profane player on tour and can definitely come off like a whiny baby. Doesn't bother me, but he's far from perfect. Federer is snoody, and has heard a few too many people call him the greatest ever (15 jacket anyone). I think Fed is also a bad loser. Nadal is incredibly slow between points, annoyingly neurotic, and in my opinion falsely modest. Novak is a show boat, used to be a drama queen (he has at least improved here), and also takes tooooo long between points.

Nobody's player is perfect. Of course these guys aren't great friends. If what pops said about nadal is true, it's not an awesome trait imo, but whatever. I agree that it would be nice if Novak's parents would quiet down a bit. Not that he is necessarily wrong in his assessment, but it's counterproductive for Novak.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
I disagree riotbird. I am so happy that Srdjan finally said at least part of the truth about how he feels about No1e's rivals and I completely agree with him.

Fedal are terrible hypocrites, Murray's mom is a noble lady. Everything Srdjan said is well documented on the web, there's even a video about Rafa bit and I think it is called "The evolution of the handshake".

Truth hurts, Fedal fans are still in majority (but only on combine effort) and ATP and media are sponsored by Fedal sponsor, so everything sounds noisy, but don't you worry, it only started, it will be even worse.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Worse for him maybe. As Clint Eastwood would say "Sh1t flows downstream".

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Mastoor said:
Fedal fans are still in majority (but only on combine effort) ...

Absolutely not. If anything, Federer would surpass all other players combined. (And I state that as a Rafa fan.)

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Clay Death said:
Iona16 said:

interesting.

I think they are not as close as before.

nadal and murray are closer. they respect each other more and it shows.

they all lead such busy lives so who has time for sustained friendship on the tour anyway.

Rafa and Murray will be "friends" for as long as Murray doesn't start beating him on regular basis like No1e started in 2011. If that happens they will stop being "close" to each other, unilaterally of course by Rafa. That is what you can conclude from what Srdjan was talking about.

What me and other No1e fans can tell you from our own experience is that if Murray starts beating Nadal, his fans will be hated by Nadal fans, the very same Nadal fans who now "like" Murray and Murray fans, similarly. The same thing happened to us, No1e fans in 2011.

tented said:
Mastoor said:
Fedal fans are still in majority (but only on combine effort) ...

Absolutely not. If anything, Federer would surpass all other players combined. (And I state that as a Rafa fan.)

I am not convinced that is the case anymore. It used to be though.

G

Grossefavourite

DJOKOVIC---Roger Is A Mean, Jealous Guy

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/07/djokovics-dad-person-federer-not-best/48577/#.UfhoufmUQo4

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
RE: DJOKOVIC---Roger Is A Mean, Jealous Guy

Grossefavourite said:
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/07/djokovics-dad-person-federer-not-best/48577/#.UfhoufmUQo4

This is old news. See the thread started by Mastoor on it and the
discussion in there. Mods, kill this thread.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
RE: DJOKOVIC---Roger Is A Mean, Jealous Guy

Grossefavourite said:

Thank you for your efforts to share this with everyone, but since there was already a thread on this topic, I merged yours into the existing one.

G

Grossefavourite

Where's My Article On Roger's 7-Year Long Jealousy Of Novak?

tented

Administrator
Reactions
RE: Where's My Article On Roger's 7-Year Long Jealousy Of Novak?

Grossefavourite said:

I've now merged two of your threads into this one.

Since you don't have your account set to receive PMs, I can't message you about it, either.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Mastoor, you've been saying that same stuff for years, thinking that the French and US crowds would cheer for Nole over Fed. You are still wrong now, in very few parts of the world is Djokovic more popular than Roger.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
china has about 1.5 billion people. india must have around 1.3 billion or better.

I hear that vast majority of the sporting people in those countries are crazy about roger and nadal.

and then there are those twitter and facebook followers for both.

all told, roger and nadal have over a billion (that is 1000 million) people that follow them.

these 2 also have 29 slams and they are the best in history.

that is not easy to overcome.

in fact it can never be overcome.