Srdjan finally calling Fedal right name

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Billie said:
britbox said:
?? That's of no relevance to the point I was making.

The point being that Old Man Djokovic shoots his mouth off about rival players and is labelled frank and refreshing. Yet when Federer does it, he's labelled a harlot of beezlebub.

How they got to the top is something different altogether and had nothing to do with that point.

Do you really think that or are you kidding me? His dad went broke, they had to save on other 2 kids in order to provide a bit more for Nole and all that effort and everything he tries gets mocked by Federer. Only because Nole took some injury time outs?

I would like to see you when some authority calls your kid a joke without really deserving it.:p

Federer called him out for injury timeouts and quitting matches. At the time, rightly so. Roddick called him out for the same a couple of years later.

These are purely tennis-related comments and nothing to do with Djokovic's route to the top or his family background.

Djokovic was making millions by then anyway, so quit pretending the players were laughing at him for wearing second hand clothes or had a hole in his shoe they couldn't afford to fix. It's not true at all.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
britbox said:
Billie said:
britbox said:

The point being that Old Man Djokovic shoots his mouth off about rival players and is labelled frank and refreshing. Yet when Federer does it, he's labelled a harlot of beezlebub.

How they got to the top is something different altogether and had nothing to do with that point.

Do you really think that or are you kidding me? His dad went broke, they had to save on other 2 kids in order to provide a bit more for Nole and all that effort and everything he tries gets mocked by Federer. Only because Nole took some injury time outs?

I would like to see you when some authority calls your kid a joke without really deserving it.:p

Federer called him out for injury timeouts and quitting matches. At the time, rightly so. Roddick called him out for the same a couple of years later.

These are purely tennis-related comments and nothing to do with Djokovic's route to the top or his family background.

Djokovic was making millions by then anyway, so quit pretending the players were laughing at him for wearing second hand clothes or had a hole in his shoe they couldn't afford to fix. It's not true at all.

Sure he was so rich in 2006. Anyway, I think there is no point in arguing this anymore, you obviously think that Nole never had any health issues and is a faker. But you can read in his upcoming diet book what health issues he has and how he deals with them. You will always think what you want and it goes the same for me. I hope and I am sure that somebody from Nole's camp will publish a book at the end of his career and you can bet that they will be frank. :D

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Billie said:
britbox said:
Billie said:
britbox said:

Sure he was so rich in 2006. Anyway, I think there is no point in arguing this anymore, you obviously think that Nole never had any health issues and is a faker. But you can read in his upcoming diet book what health issues he has and how he deals with them. You will always think what you want and it goes the same for me. I hope and I am sure that somebody from Nole's camp will publish a book at the end of his career and you can bet that they will be frank. :D

By Roddick's account, plenty of players questioned it at the time.

Djokovic's family background has never been mocked by Federer or Nadal to my knowledge, so I don't even know why you feel the need to bring it up - it's irrelevant. Any comments have been purely about tennis related matters.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Billie said:
britbox said:
Billie said:
britbox said:

I hope it is frank.
I can't wait to read Chapter 13: "How Marko earned his wildcards the hard way"

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
britbox said:
Billie said:
britbox said:
Billie said:
britbox said:

Djokovic's family background has never been mocked by Federer or Nadal to my knowledge, so I don't even know why you feel the need to bring it up - it's irrelevant. Any comments have been purely about tennis related matters.

Roddick apologized for his comments and they made up. And where did he say that plenty of players questioned it? And even if there was plenty, which I highly doubt, isn't it obvious that they were wrong and Nole has health issues? It would be OK if he kept going that way and never found what was wrong about him, I could then believe and understand all the criticism. But to me it is pretty clear and obvious that Nole was trying too hard and his body couldn't deal with the physicality of tennis. And his dad knew that and took offence to such criticism.

There are stories about Wimbledon and their treatment of Djokovic family when they first started coming, not pretty either. I actually think that Nole addressed it just before FO in one of the interviews.

Was one of my posts deleted? I guess being frank is not so good, only when it comes from the maestro Federer.:D

Anyway, good night and enjoy further discussions and don't be too mad at me, I am just having fun a bit. Peace.:D

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Billie said:
britbox said:
Billie said:
britbox said:
Billie said:

Roddick apologized for his comments and they made up. And where did he say that plenty of players questioned it? And even if there was plenty, which I highly doubt, isn't it obvious that they were wrong and Nole has health issues? It would be OK if he kept going that way and never found what was wrong about him, I could then believe and understand all the criticism. But to me it is pretty clear and obvious that Nole was trying too hard and his body couldn't deal with the physicality of tennis. And his dad knew that and took offence to such criticism.

There are stories about Wimbledon and their treatment of Djokovic family when they first started coming, not pretty either. I actually think that Nole addressed it just before FO in one of the interviews.

Was one of my posts deleted? I guess being frank is not so good, only when it comes from the maestro Federer.:D

Anyway, good night and enjoy further discussions and don't be too mad at me, I am just having fun a bit. Peace.:D

No posts deleted. If you post twice in a minute then sometimes responses get merged into the same post.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Ok, if you say so boss!!

Just want to say hi to one of my favourite persons here, won't say his name because he will be embarrassed but I'll give him a hint: KA 74.

And also to herios and DarthFed.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Good to see you Billie, but I will just add that Nole isn't so innocent in the long standing feud with Federer. What I recall is that Fed said "he didn't trust Djokovic's injuries" and questioned all the medical time outs during that DC match. Nole then talked trash before the 07 AO match and his family really added fuel to the fire after 2008 AO. It's been all downhill since then though I don't think they hate each other too much at this point. Even if they do dislike each other I like more fire in rivalries. These guys shouldn't be best friends, JMO.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I do remember that the rap on Djokovic was not great because of the retirements, on the forums, and surely, in the locker room. Andy Roddick didn't come out of nowhere with that. But there was also a lot of genuine concerns, on the boards, that he had asthma (which is what everyone thought,) and couldn't take the proper medication for it because of the WADA list. There was sympathy that he had physical issues, and I think everyone believed that it was fixed with dietary adjustments. The effect has been obvious.

It is a way too much to say, however, that Fed and Rafa are hypocrites, and Novak is some kind of saint. It's sport and they're rivals. They don't need to be friends. I find this group very genteel, compared to some of the guys in the 70s-90s. And folks like Darth think it's false and unnecessary. (Personally, I don't mind a little gentility.) But they are only put together in the same conversation because they compete against each other at the top level of their sport. Why should they be friends? Don't we all have the same thing? If you're lucky, a few real intimates in your work circle, and the rest are "professional acquaintances." You're friendly at a cocktail party...glad to find them...and maybe they're on your FB, but you don't share secrets or invite them to your beach house. You wouldn't call them real "friends." That seems perfectly normal to me.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Because I know you are anxious to know more about his interview, Srdjan said that he learns from Nole, how to behave in life and that Nole surpassed him in every element of life. He holds family in the highest regard and he thinks that happiness of his sons, his wife and their whole family means much more than all the titles in the world. He also said that he is sure that Nole will be more popular and be more successful after he retires from tennis as he has grand plans about that part of his life.

When he was 14 and training in Belgrade, an olderly man was watching Nole tirelessly stretching and doing all kinds of exercises. The man couldn't resist so he asked him why doing it for so long. Nole said: Sir, this is very important part of tennis. As long as I stretch every day, I will prolong my career as a tennis player. :laydownlaughing A weird 14-year old kid.

I think he and I would get along just fine:D

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Billie said:
Because I know you are anxious to know more about his interview, Srdjan said that he learns from Nole, how to behave in life and that Nole surpassed him in every element of life. He holds family in the highest regard and he thinks that happiness of his sons, his wife and their whole family means much more than all the titles in the world. He also said that he is sure that Nole will be more popular and be more successful after he retires from tennis as he has grand plans about that part of his life.

When he was 14 and training in Belgrade, an olderly man was watching Nole tirelessly stretching and doing all kinds of exercises. The man couldn't resist so he asked him why doing it for so long. Nole said: Sir, this is very important part of tennis. As long as I stretch every day, I will prolong my career as a tennis player. :laydownlaughing A weird 14-year old kid.

I think he and I would get along just fine:D

A weird 14 year old or a dirty old man staring at a kid. One or the other anyway.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
britbox said:
Billie said:
britbox said:

At he time Fed made comment he was undisputed #1 and No1e was a teenager and by making them Fed proved to be a total AH.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Mastoor said:
britbox said:
Billie said:
britbox said:

At he time Fed made comment he was undisputed #1 and No1e was a teenager and by making them Fed proved to be a total AH.

They can't hear that! I'm a fan and think Federer probably is the undisputed GOAT, but his ego's been out of control for as long as I can remember! I'm sure he's said some things he regrets about Nole; well us knowing it anyway! lol! If he wanted to hit someone with accusations, it should have been Nadal who's unsportsmanlike behavior has cost him matches at the FO and Wimbledon; the stalling/toweling off, challenging of calls (usually wrong), systematic calling of trainers when down in a match, illegal coaching from the stands, etc.! The so called friendship is a scam! I believe they hate each other with a passion! Nole's remained classy, grounded, and embraces his opponents/friends even after a tough loss! These other guys are off the court in moments, usually PO'd!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Funny how Nole's old lad says "Nadal was his best friend while he was winning. When things changed, they were no longer friends. This is not sport. This is what Novak has in him, but others don't."

Then he says of Murray and Nole, "They cannot be best friends as they fight for the most important titles, and lots of money. But they are more than correct rivals and I am sure that after they finish their professional careers, they will be great friends."

And yet he still thinks himself able to call NADAL a hypocrite. Nole is friends with nobody at the top because that's what "correct rivalries" are. Stop letting your insecurities slip, you daddy of the aspirational wannabe known as the Buddhist of Monte Carlo...

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
“I’m really sorry his words have caused so much attention and also that they might have hurt my colleagues in some way with whom I have good and fair relationships.
“As unfortunate as it sounds, I cannot be held responsible for his deeds and his words because everyone is entitled to their opinion and my father—I love him so much and I respect him, and he has helped me so much in my life to arrive where I am—but sometimes people come up with opinions as they like. And me, I didn’t have any influence on that and I cannot be responsible.” Novak Djokovic

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/08/montreal-masters-2013-novak-djokovic/

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Good for Nole! Glad he pulled him up on that. :clap I'm sure Mastoor also agrees with Novak...