Srdjan finally calling Fedal right name

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Srdjan Djokovic has finally spelled it out and called Fedal right name - hypocrites:

http://inserbia.info/news/2013/07/family-supported-novak-when-no-one-else-wanted-to-help-srdjan-djokovic/

Novak is the only one who behaves the same way in life and sport, says Srdjan. There is no athlete who treats his opponents in the same way when he loses and wins, said Novak father.

He also said that Nadal used to be Novak’s best friend while he was winning. But when things changed, they were no longer friends. This is not sport, says Srdjan. This is what Novak has in him, but others don’t. Federer may still be the best tennis player in the history of tennis, says Srdjan, but as man he is completely opposite. He attacked Novak at Davis Cup in Geneva, he realized Novak is his successor and in every way tried to discredit him. Novak’s success is an amazing thing and something that some people simply cannot understand, says Novak’s father.

Speaking of relationship between Novak and Andy Murray, Srdjan said that they basically grew up together. Andy is a week older than Novak, they participated in tournaments, played tennis, football, hung out, and they passed this into their professional careers.

I have never, not even for a second, felt jealousy from Andy’s family, says Srdjan. Andy’s mother went in the locker room, in Rome, to congratulate Novak, his team and family. They cannot be best friends, says Srdjan, as they fight for the most important titles, and lot of money. But they are more than correct rivals and Novak’s father is sure that after they finish their professional careers, they will be great friends.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Mastoor said:
Srdjan Djokovic has finally spelled it out and called Fedal right name - hypocrites:

http://inserbia.info/news/2013/07/family-supported-novak-when-no-one-else-wanted-to-help-srdjan-djokovic/

The Federer part relates to Federer calling out Djokovic injury pullouts in 2006. He expressed that publically... nothing hypocritical about it.

The stuff about breaking friends with Nadal... Lol, what is this, a school disco or professional sport? C'mon Mastoor, that's scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And Nadal has always said that his real friends are his friends from childhood in Mallorca. That's a puff piece and seems directly interested in encouraging the "chip-on-the-shoulder" feeling amongst Djokovic fans. It's pure editorializing and PR from a random family member. C'mon, Mastoor.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Hadn't refreshed the website for an hour or so and this is all I missed lol? I like Djokovic but in fairness he comes across as a complete robot in post match speeches regarding Nadal and Federer. "What he has achieved is incredible, it's always an honour", blah blah. Frankly give me Ernest Gulbis over all of them when it comes to honesty about a match result.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
andy murray is the most down to earth. and he is the next biggest star in our sport. deal with it.

clay warrior and roger are the greatest thing to ever happen to the sport of tennis. they made it a global sport. deal with this too.

nole is cool but those arrogant and insensitive celebrations after he wins are not so cool. that has turned off some players. he needs to be more respectful but that is just my opinion.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Seems to me that Novak is copying Ken "The world's most dangerous man" Shamrock's celebration after a big win :)

Ken-Shamrock-1.jpg

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
"...as they fight for the most important titles, and lot of money"

I think that is key. They're all rivals. They're all fighting for slams, masters, #1 etc. Can we really expect them to be best friends? I think they all seem friendly enough. They all seem to have respect for one another.

I did see this article on twitter today. Quite a few tennis websites and journalists were tweeting about it. Not sure it will do Novak any favours.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak's attitude while admirable is not a good thing for competitive sport. His dad can talk it up all he wants but it's generally a negative. Djokovic takes losses too well and this is a problem and might go a long way to explain what I'd say has to be a disappointing 2012 and 2013. These are supposed to be his salad days and he is losing the plot way too easily against the other top 3 at slams the past couple years.

Mog

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
britbox said:
Mastoor said:

The Federer part relates to Federer calling out Djokovic injury pullouts in 2006. He expressed that publically... nothing hypocritical about it.

The stuff about breaking friends with Nadal... Lol, what is this, a school disco or professional sport? C'mon Mastoor, that's scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Agree with you britbox.
Friendship talk is a nonsense..
Srdjan has opened his mouth same as his wife said " king is dead".
It is mastooring.

britbox said:
Mastoor said:

Agree with you britbox.;
Friendship talk is a nonsense..;
Srdjan has opened his mouth same asopp his wife once said " king is dead".
It is mastooring.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
one more loss in straight sets to the great dunblane diamond and that so called friendship is off too.

and I am predicting a 4 set win by andy murray at the u.s. open in the final assuming nole gets there.

I am not even expecting nole to get into the final this time. just a hunch. I think he finds himself under pressure now. real pressure.

lendl apparently agrees with us at tennis frontier. he must read this forum.

he said andy has nole under pressure.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Of the so-called "Big 4", Djokovic is the most gracious loser, in my opinion. His celebrations may occasionally be "over the top"...But, the way he conducts himself when he loses makes up for it (Again, IMO).

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I agree: gracious loser but most annoying winner, and it isn't even close.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
El Dude said:
I agree: gracious loser but most annoying winner, and it isn't even close.

He's only trying to be like his idol Ken Shamrock :p

Ken-Shamrock-1.jpg

Novak-Djokovic-shirtless-australian-open-01302012-01-400x470.jpg

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
We should have ad section here. Here is my ad:

"I'd like to swap a shirt with No1e on it for one with Srdjan."

Srdjan is my new idol. He said in the interview what I've been telling you since 2008 or thereabouts and what no one said in news until now and what you guys know yourself, you just don't want to admit. Truth about Fedal and their total lack of class.

Just to change my ad. I'd prefer a shirt with Segio wearing a shirt with No1e on it.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
then how do you expain their popularity general mastoor? both among the global masses and the corporate world.

roger reeled in over $71 million last year. nadal is around $30 mill a year when all is counted from his prize money and all his endorsements. he just picked up a few other endorsements.

they have 29 slams and have dominated the sport for a decade.

that can net you a lot of envy out there.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Mastoor said:

Srdjan is my new idol. He said in the interview what I've been telling you since 2008 or thereabouts and what no one said in news until now and what you guys know yourself, you just don't want to admit. Truth about Fedal and their total lack of class.

I'm not sure why you regard it as a lack of class. Why would Nadal want to be friends with somebody looking to take food off his table? That's the bottom line.

Federer made a statement about injury pullouts 7 years ago. He wasn't the last to say it either. Novak has improved in that department, particularly after Roddick said it later, so maybe it was something he needed to hear. If he'd said one thing in private and another in public then you might have an argument about being hypocritical - but neither player did. If anything, Djokovic's parents showed a lack of class yelling stuff out during a live match and all that "The King is Dead" stuff.

Not sure why you expect these people to be bosom buddies. The first thing Navratilova did when she started turning around the Evert rivalry was make Chris "the enemy" and become cold and distant. Worked for her as well.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nole also did some crazy celebrations late into the night in Madrid 2 years ago when he won the title there. he has also cursed the fans at his matches when things were not going well.

nadal may have finally had enough of his nonsense.

andy doesn't do all that nonsense and you can see that nadal has the highest of respect for andy.

nadal was the first one to congratulate andy when he(andy) won his gold medal last year.

there are no over the top celebrations by andy. he keeps calm and respectful after his wins.

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
Mastoor said:

Just to change my ad. I'd prefer a shirt with Segio wearing a shirt with No1e on it.

how could we have been so blind? if we want to hear the truth about people, naturally we will have to look for it in the words of their closest rival's parents.

:laydownlaughing

Mog

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Mastoor said:

Truth about Fedal and their total lack of class.
" Lack of Class"
Whose ??