Serious PC thread

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
this shit is scary, and needs to stop. I suspect similar motivations for the arrest of Andrew Tate. Still no actual charges brought against him. Forget about the Deep State. We need to start talking about the Woke State

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
this shit is scary, and needs to stop. I suspect similar motivations for the arrest of Andrew Tate. Still no actual charges brought against him. Forget about the Deep State. We need to start talking about the Woke State

Some people say cancel culture doesn’t exist. Can’t be more stark than a bank cancelling your account because, well, no reason given actually. That’s not a good development. Triggernometry talk to so many diverse people but this isn’t the type of diversity that woke tyrants want…

Reactions: Federberg

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Lord have mercy

A state Senator, FFS! Only in America, fortunately. Just like that, this is another only in America story, equally hilarious and impossible for sane people to comprehend. But the photo agency’s lawyers response to Harry and Meghan is legendary!

Last edited:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
On her Instagram page, Evangeline Lilly has said something wise, which might be a first for modern Hollywood. She’s said something that the intolerant, radical left should ponder - but unfortunately won’t. And then she ends by quoting St Augustine, a Titan of the Church. Good for her - and us!

IMG_9808.jpeg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
On her Instagram page, Evangeline Lilly has said something wise, which might be a first for modern Hollywood. She’s said something that the intolerant, radical left should ponder - but unfortunately won’t. And then she ends by quoting St Augustine, a Titan of the Church. Good for her - and us!

View attachment 8198
yes I read about this. Bravo to her! I think. the whole thing is becoming so egregious that it's hard for honest people to ignore. I honestly believe that most of the coastal morons who are so convinced about their rectitude lack the capacity to think holistically about what they're doing. In my business we have the greater fools who get drawn into the market when it's at the top, when it's most dangerous to buy. These are the coastal morons. They are destroying civilisation right at a point where we are a generation away from a massive population collapse. Elon wasn't wrong. That sounds hyperbolic but that's exactly what it is. Show me a society in history that's been successful completely overturning the roles. None exist. I'll keep saying it... the Russians are probably sitting around wondering why it took so long to come up with this powerful social virus to destroy the West. I fear for us all...

Last edited:
Reactions: shawnbm and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Budweiser are backtracking but North Face have stepped in. This went under the radar a year ago but they're pushing it again.

Basically a pisstake ad. North face are the company that produces mountaineering equipment and clothing? Can’t imagined trans people being hugely into that. They too much baggage as it is, without having to carry more up the side of a mountain…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This is mind blowing. It’s the dirty little secret that still no one talks about. Always important to remember… amazing that it happened nearly a decade ago

• Wow
Reactions: tented and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This is mind blowing. It’s the dirty little secret that still no one talks about. Always important to remember… amazing that it happened nearly a decade ago

That's shocking, but it makes sense too. Anything that's a 'worthy cause' for an Obama must be politically suspect, right? They'll only choose soft targets so they can swagger about their constituency, answering easy questions..

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Sometimes people think that "bad ideas" will just go away, or iron themselves out, particularly among the left, who think their bad ideas are created by people whose "heart is in the right place", or some suck dismissive metaphor. The left positions itself as the compassionate side of the aisle (while at the same time hounding and trying to destroy anyone who disagrees). But what if their bad ideas don't go away, or don't work their way through their compassion chambers and resolve themselves sensibly? Imagine a world where the bad ideas are the only thing that's being thought, because the stages of development which include argument and criticism aren't being applied to them. What if your professors are all unthinkingly teaching bad ideas that they unthinkingly had just accepted.

Here's a professor who believes in all the worst ideas about race. All the stuff about Ole Whitey. The victim narratives. His worldview is based upon his acceptance of bad ideas, but where's that harm in that? He's compassionate!

This professor believes that prisons are immoral and that every prisoner in the world should be released. He's a professor, and he only believes this because every belief that brought him to this has been wrong, yet he still believed it. He eventually fell foul of the woke mob in his uni, and I'm sure I'll have something to say about that (something which includes the words, "the left will eat itself!").

Listen to him here, trying to defend his insane, childish position. Coleman Hughes is the bewildered interrogator. The segment starts at 1' 39", I hope I've pasted the video in correctly, in that regard.. It'll take you exactly 1 minute to hear and understand his position, and be appalled.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I think if you’re interested in the effect of wokeness, whether you think that effect is good or ill, I believe you should feel both desperately sad and genuinely worried by listening to the first 15 minutes of these two professors and their professional experience. That they can be treated the way they are, simply because they’re heterodox when it comes to woke stuff, ought to tell you not to underestimate the nastiness of the woke regime, which is everywhere now. Never dismiss it as nothing, never say that it’s overrated, over-reported, and less significant than its opponents say…

Reactions: tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I think if you’re interested in the effect of wokeness, whether you think that effect is good or ill, I believe you should feel both desperately sad and genuinely worried by listening to the first 15 minutes of these two professors and their professional experience. That they can be treated the way they are, simply because they’re heterodox when it comes to woke stuff, ought to tell you not to underestimate the nastiness of the woke regime, which is everywhere now. Never dismiss it as nothing, never say that it’s overrated, over-reported, and less significant than its opponents say…

It’s awful this is happening to them. They also mention Steven Pinker, a Harvard psychologist and bestselling author, who’s extremely famous in academic circles. If professors such as Pinker and McWhorter are cancelled, no one is safe.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It’s awful this is happening to them. They also mention Steven Pinker, a Harvard psychologist and bestselling author, who’s extremely famous in academic circles. If professors such as Pinker and McWhorter are cancelled, no one is safe.
It goes to show, cancel culture is not only real, but also comes in many different ways. McWhorter hasn’t said anything egregious, or controversial. He simply - very politely - disagrees with modern race theory, BLM and the George Floyd rioters. He’s a classic bog standard liberal. So his cancellation is coming in the form of his life’s work no longer being acknowledged, while socially he’s being shunned in Columbia university. It’s terribly sad. When I watched that segment I thought, shit, they do this to an accomplished and respected professor? Simply because he won’t parrot their tripe?

He’s actually such a nice man too. My friend knows him and Glenn Loury, Coleman Hughes. Independent thinkers. America is not a safe place for independent thinkers. I dread to think what an ‘educated American’ will look like in twenty years…

Reactions: Federberg
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540