Serious PC thread

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The Offensive Tranny on the moral tragedy of Jazz Jennings, who as a 2 year old boy told his mother “mommy I’m a girl” and was hurled into the malignant maelstrom which is left wing activism, led by his activist mother into a hellish series of medical interference. The OT breaks it down, and it’s tragic to see, but it’ll be ignored by the American left, who have given up asking questions about what’s happening at their extremes.

The video is about ten minutes long:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
1682700286919.jpeg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
this is flat out communist doctrine. I don't understand why this has been allowed to infiltrate the West. I'm surprised it's happening in the UK, but utterly blown away that this has been possible in the US of A:astonished-face:

• Wow
Reactions: Kieran

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
it's so fucking frustrating! That woman starts off by belittling sports. She's run a marathon before. The dedication it takes to get yourself to a competitive level. Then some cowardly loser that knows he'll be smoked in the mens category decides to claim he's a woman. How can aa reasonable rational woman find this acceptable. What is the world coming to??

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This discussion was inevitable! The fact that people are being called transphobic for thinking it's a homosexual act is the core of the problem. It's one thing to insist that gender pronouns are used is one thing. But when people are being labeled transphobic despite biological fact is disturbing. Interested to hear peoples thoughts this.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This discussion was inevitable! The fact that people are being called transphobic for thinking it's a homosexual act is the core of the problem. It's one thing to insist that gender pronouns are used is one thing. But when people are being labeled transphobic despite biological fact is disturbing. Interested to hear peoples thoughts this.

Very interesting, and good to see the Offensive Tranny in there, a biological female who has gender dysphoria and tries to live as a man to cope with that, while realising that she’s always going to be a woman.

The bloke at the beginning at the round table discussion faced a typically intolerant reaction to his statement that he’s not gay. One bossy girl stood up and left. Imagine for a moment if she’s a lesbian and he called her a bigot for not sleeping with men. She’ll never understand why she’s wrong in this exchange.

The ‘doctor’ ‘woman’ who told us that he’s a woman, that’s a fact, and he’s biological, that’s a fact, so he’s a biological female - THIS person is the real problem. They’re the ones who make up lies on the spot. His ‘biology’ is real - but it’s male. Because he thinks he’s female, he’s thinks his thinking he’s a female makes that ‘a fact.’ These people are the most dangerous, because they twist the meaning of words, including twisting the word ‘fact’ to also mean ‘I FEEL this is true so it IS true.’ They’re ugly, dangerous narcissists.

So many gullible compassionate people out there, like the girl who lost the head in the round table division, are fooled easily by the ‘doctor’ who thinks that facts are like drinks, they’re whatever you’re having yourself…

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
this is flat out communist doctrine. I don't understand why this has been allowed to infiltrate the West. I'm surprised it's happening in the UK, but utterly blown away that this has been possible in the US of A:astonished-face:

This doctrine is a recipe for creating an apathetic, unmotivated, resentful, and divided society, which seems actually to be the goal of the left…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This doctrine is a recipe for creating an apathetic, unmotivated, resentful, and divided society, which seems actually to be the goal of the left…
All this talk about equity. They don't talk about equal opportunities anymore. They want equal outcomes. What sort of a world is that? It's really disturbing. And they start off early in school, when kids are young. They give participation trophies. Winning is good, the process to learn to win, to be a winner is at the core of humanities ability to keep pushing forward. But this weak loser mentality is slowly infecting society like a cancer. And I think the progressives as well meaning as they think they are, are unwittingly destroying Western civilisation. I'm not being hyperbolic when I say this shit needs to be purged. Root and branch...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Partisan legislators? Do you have anything in America that’s not partisan? Anything at all? Ice cream? Beer? Sportswear? Is there anything in America not infected by partisan politics? And yet, even if you’re right about the negatives of legislation you don’t like, it doesn’t change the fact that unelected judges, should not be making laws. Because they can be partisan too. This has always been considered bizarre in Europe, where we elect people to govern. We may not like their decisions - and so then we vote them out. And though I don’t follow things too closely with regards to American politics, I have seen it said here that republicans suffered in the midterms because votes they had counted on went against them due to the abortion issue.

That’s how it should be.
This is complicated, in terms of our system of laws and checks and balances. Judges, particularly the Supreme Court, are there to make decisions about the constitutionality of laws. We don't get to vote on most laws, only the people who make them. And the people we vote for do have to approve of judicial appointments. It's not just one way or the other.
Language is important. It’s a tool we use to accurately describe things, and I’m sure George Orwell has a billion quotes about how if you control the language you control the minds. So it’s not the same as changing chairman to chairperson because if the person in the chair is a woman then she can’t be the chairman. That’s actually an example of language being used to clarify something. It couldn’t erase men, because it wasn’t referring to a man. And to use these terms to better reflect reality isn’t the same as using terms to better dismantle reality.
As you see it.
Being truthful matters, and yet we’re being told, cajoled, and threatened into believing something that isn’t true. You even did a bit of it there yourself when you said ‘a very small minority of trans men might be pregnant’.

These are women you’re talking about. They’re not men. Men cannot become pregnant.

And when you said that ‘most people with cervixes consider themselves to be women, and most people who find themselves pregnant likewise consider themselves to be women,’ you were talking about people who are women, no matter what they consider themselves to be.

They are women. The truth is important, and yet not only are we’re being threatened to believe lies, we’re being forced openly repeat lies. No civilisation can survive if it decides to replace the truth with lies. You might as well be forcing children to believe that 2+2=5. You’ll have a nation of cowering idiots once you go that route.

When you dismiss all this violence against women and abuse of little little kids by left wing activists as ‘verbiage’ you’ve only done what activists and partisans have done since time immemorial. They try to make their destructiveness seem as though it’s nothing, it’s not a big deal. You’ve shown yourself resistant to ‘the other side’ on this and that’s because you’re not willing to accept that the abuse is being brought to us by your brand of partisans.

You’ve never explained why you think that activists abusing young children and attacking women at marches where they demand to be heard as women is not something that feminists should be concerned about. In fact, you take the side of the oppressors.
I addressed your point about language only within the context of your telling me that women are being "erased," and that being a greater threat to women than loss of their rights. I've told you I'm not litigating the trans issue with you anymore. Some of it I can't discuss with you is exactly because of how you pose the question, as above.

And by the way, using the word ‘mansplaining’ sounds like evasive verbiage. I’m not telling women how they should insert a tampax. I’m talking about things which affect the whole of society, men included…
I don't object to your having an opinion, I only object to your telling me what to think and what I should be outraged about, lest I be a poor feminist. Even though you, yourself, agreed that it's a manufactured issue. (You agreed to that "to some extent," in fairness.)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Are you really claiming that creating gender neutral verbiage is the same thing as assigning the wrong gender pronoun to a person? Please answer @Moxie, this is a serious question.
I'm not sure what the question is, and isn't it for the Serious PC thread?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
it's so fucking frustrating! That woman starts off by belittling sports. She's run a marathon before. The dedication it takes to get yourself to a competitive level. Then some cowardly loser that knows he'll be smoked in the mens category decides to claim he's a woman. How can aa reasonable rational woman find this acceptable. What is the world coming to??

Damn that girl was dishonest. And I know she had to be, to defend the indefensible, but she was dishonest because she deliberately conflated legislation with science. She knows she can’t become male. Legally, governments have bought the lie and created the loophole that legally a man can become a woman, but that’s not the same thing as saying that the same man actually has become a woman.

She also asked the insidious question, ‘Why does this matter to you, Piers?’ This question is often asked by people who will never understand that the truth matters. They’ll tell you a lie and when you question it, they’ll turn it back on you by asking what it got to do with you. They want the questioner to feel small. She can’t defend her ideas, in other words.

Then she mentioned trans suicides. Now, why in all the history of earth are we surely discovering an epidemic in trans suicide and trans people threatening suicide? Can’t be because it’s difficult to be trans, because it’s not difficult being trans - it’s fashionable, supported by every media company and government in the west. If there was a history of trans suicide epidemics going back forever, we’d be able to point to it as a thing. So why is it happening now?

Perhaps she should ask herself if perhaps there’s some other mental issues involved here, that are leading poor abused kids into a life of misery, confusion and self hatred?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That’s an interesting observation. @Jelenafan and I were recently debating some students being offended on behalf of Mexicans. Do you have the same perspective on that?
That's from another thread. My position was the same as Jelena's, in that it was a gag and not especially revelatory. I actually can't believe you're still talking about it. But if you have an opinion on my comment to Kieran, I'd be interested to hear it.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This is complicated, in terms of our system of laws and checks and balances. Judges, particularly the Supreme Court, are there to make decisions about the constitutionality of laws. We don't get to vote on most laws, only the people who make them. And the people we vote for do have to approve of judicial appointments. It's not just one way or the other.
This is similar in Ireland. Judges are appointed by the government and the government are appointed by the people. But judges aren’t free to interpret laws in such a way that their interpretation becomes law, in effect. In the case of Roe v Wade the judges decision would have been passed over to the government to call a referendum and see if that should then become law.

As you see it.
This refers to you saying that using the term chairperson doesn’t erase men any more than using evasive terms about women that actually tell us that the word ‘woman’ has now become officially meaningless, had the effect of demeaning and erasing women.

This isn’t just ‘as I see it.’ It’s ‘as it is.’ Feel free to contradict me.

I addressed your point about language only within the context of your telling me that women are being "erased," and that being a greater threat to women than loss of their rights. I've told you I'm not litigating the trans issue with you anymore. Some of it I can't discuss with you is exactly because of how you pose the question, as above.
I didn’t strawman you. I didn’t even strawwoman you. You can set the terms of your own statements and we can discuss it on that basis, but you’ve already accepted the terms of trans ideology without, it seems, having any defence for it.
I don't object to your having an opinion, I only object to your telling me what to think and what I should be outraged about, lest I be a poor feminist. Even though you, yourself, agreed that it's a manufactured issue. (You agreed to that "to some extent," in fairness.)
I said the trans issue is a manufactured issue ‘to some extent?’ Where was this?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
All this talk about equity. They don't talk about equal opportunities anymore. They want equal outcomes. What sort of a world is that? It's really disturbing. And they start off early in school, when kids are young. They give participation trophies. Winning is good, the process to learn to win, to be a winner is at the core of humanities ability to keep pushing forward. But this weak loser mentality is slowly infecting society like a cancer. And I think the progressives as well meaning as they think they are, are unwittingly destroying Western civilisation. I'm not being hyperbolic when I say this shit needs to be purged. Root and branch...
Do you think they are doing this unwittingly? A lot of them will plainly screech that the west is the very worst place in history.*

*They just very easily become stumped and
befuddled when asked to name a better place in history, or where else they’d rather live right now…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Do you think they are doing this unwittingly? A lot of them will plainly screech that the west is the very worst place in history.*

*They just very easily become stumped and
befuddled when asked to name a better place in history, or where else they’d rather live right now…
I think this whole thing. is like a cult. Even the one's who think they're smart are so caught up with the endorphin rush of thinking they're good and moral. There's a comfort and appeal of being in a group. That's why victimhood is so popular these days. Doesn't matter what sins these folks commit the others in. the group find a way to empathise. We're already seeing signs of support for perverts who find kids attractive. Mark my words the same forward thinking idiots who are supportive of this transgender nonsense will get on board with defending perverts next. It's like a nightmare

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
lol! That sounds like a deflection to me. I just took the current discussion on this thread a step further. Now you plead ignorance?? Really?:face-with-tears-of-joy:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
lol! That sounds like a deflection to me. I just took the current discussion on this thread a step further. Now you plead ignorance?? Really?:face-with-tears-of-joy:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
That's from another thread. My position was the same as Jelena's, in that it was a gag and not especially revelatory. I actually can't believe you're still talking about it. But if you have an opinion on my comment to Kieran, I'd be interested to hear it.
you're far too smart to act ignorant. Given the debate you're having on this thread it was a valid question. I never expected intellectual cowardice from you

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is similar in Ireland. Judges are appointed by the government and the government are appointed by the people. But judges aren’t free to interpret laws in such a way that their interpretation becomes law, in effect. In the case of Roe v Wade the judges decision would have been passed over to the government to call a referendum and see if that should then become law.
We would have been better served via your system with Roe v. Wade at the time it was decided.
This refers to you saying that using the term chairperson doesn’t erase men any more than using evasive terms about women that actually tell us that the word ‘woman’ has now become officially meaningless, had the effect of demeaning and erasing women.

This isn’t just ‘as I see it.’ It’s ‘as it is.’ Feel free to contradict me.
I don't believe that the term "woman" has become meaningless. I don't feel "demeaned" nor "erased." I think that's, frankly, silly. I don't want to go around and around on this. And I won't be goaded into a conversation about it here, but no one on this forum seems to think that trans men threaten the meaning of "man." No one around here asks 1,000 times for us to define "man." Take it back to the PC thread and leave me out of it, please.
I didn’t strawman you. I didn’t even strawwoman you. You can set the terms of your own statements and we can discuss it on that basis, but you’ve already accepted the terms of trans ideology without, it seems, having any defence for it.
God, I hate that term "straw man." Talk about terms made up for the internet. I have to look it up every time, and still I don't really understand it. I swear it gets misused. Note that I didn't accuse you of that. Don't tell me what I've accepted, and please leave off the trans conversation with me.
I said the trans issue is a manufactured issue ‘to some extent?’ Where was this?
Maybe it was Federberg, then. It was on the Serious PC thread, and I've left that. I'm not going back to look for it. I still believe it's a manufactured issue. To keep it on-topic here, by that I mean in American politics. When the Republicans conceded same-sex marriage, they searched around for a new hot-button issue to rile up the base, and nothing stuck until they hit on transgender issues. Given what a small percentage of the population that it actually affects, it's a cynical ploy to whip up hysteria.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I honestly don't understand your question, which was "Are you really claiming that creating gender neutral verbiage is the same thing as assigning the wrong gender pronoun to a person?" What do you mean by "assigning the wrong gender pronoun to a person?" Which one is the "wrong" one, in terms of your question?

Yes, I am deflecting it to the other thread, because I'm tired of having this conversation with you guys. It goes nowhere.

I put up some thoughtful comments on the effect of the new abortion laws in the US, and all I get back is trolling even this thread on the trans issue. SMH.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540