Serious PC thread

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
By the way, if someone had it wrong, the "PC" in the thread title "Serious PC thread" stands, obviously, for "Personal Confrontation" (and not Political Correctness as some might wrongly guessed). So, guys, please stay on topic and don't bring Djokovic/Federer to the fore. Just personal, right on the jugular.
That's how it looks now. Stalking & intimidation are rife here. Political Correctness has gone out of the window. You tried working by the old saying "many a true word spoken in jest too". Lol. Whatever happened to everyone has a right to have & air an opinion as long as it doesn't affect others & know when to agree to disagree & if you have a problem with someone speak to them nicely in private to try to sort it out like a civilized human being?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
That's how it looks now. Stalking & intimidation are rife here. Political Correctness has gone out of the window. You tried working by the old saying "many a true word spoken in jest too". Lol. Whatever happened to everyone has a right to have & air an opinion as long as it doesn't affect others & know when to agree to disagree & if you have a problem with someone speak to them nicely in private to try to sort it out like a civilized human being?

That would be the case in a rational world. Sadly we have people on the forums these days who post pundits opinions as if they are facts and get offended when they are challenged. Even more bizarrely they ask others to prove their own positions are correct when they initiated the debate! They should be the ones presenting a rational defence. It betrays an utter lack of intellect and their only recourse in the end is to troll. It’s all good. The more they troll the more they expose their idiocy

Horsa

Reactions
That would be the case in a rational world. Sadly we have people on the forums these days who post pundits opinions as if they are facts and get offended when they are challenged. Even more bizarrely they ask others to prove their own positions are correct when they initiated the debate! They should be the ones presenting a rational defence. It betrays an utter lack of intellect and their only recourse in the end is to troll. It’s all good. The more they troll the more they expose their idiocy
Some people should learn how to be civilized & the difference between fact & opinion. A certain person's behavior is downright disgusting. Following you around site to intimidate you is stalking as well as intimidation & the fact a certain person has called names to more than 1 person for no apparent reason doesn't make people want to know them as it shows everyone how nasty they are & people won't want to talk to them. I used to mainly post in my poems section. I'm thinking of retreating back to my poetry section. Hmm! That means I'll have to get my thinking cap on. Definitely, plus judging people's real ability from only 1 or 2 comments shows narrow-mindedness & intimidating comments. People can show real intelligence in 1 or 2 comments but nobody knows everything so 1 or 2 stupid comments do not necessarily make a stupid person.

Last edited:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Some people should learn how to be civilized & the difference between fact & opinion. A certain person's behavior is downright disgusting. Following you around site to intimidate you is stalking as well as intimidation & the fact a certain person has called names to more than 1 person for no apparent reason doesn't make people want to know them as it shows everyone how nasty they are & people won't want to talk to them. I used to mainly post in my poems section. I'm thinking of retreating back to my poetry section. Hmm! That means I'll have to get my thinking cap on. Definitely, plus judging people's real ability from only 1 or 2 comments shows narrow-mindedness & intimidating comments. People can show real intelligence in 1 or 2 comments but nobody knows everything so 1 or 2 stupid comments do not necessarily make a stupid person.

Good luck to him, I’m far from intimidated. To be honest my sense is that he’s a teenager. Don’t let trolls force you into retreat. Now you’ve told me about the poetry section i’ll Be certain to have a look!

Horsa

Reactions
Good luck to him, I’m far from intimidated. To be honest my sense is that he’s a teenager. Don’t let trolls force you into retreat. Now you’ve told me about the poetry section i’ll Be certain to have a look!
He's just showing how immature & nasty he is. It's not big & clever to intimidate others like he thinks. Maybe so. O.K. I've got the right to have and air an opinion like everyone else. I'll deal with him assertively if he starts & if that doesn't work there's always report. I've been thinking about reporting him for a bit to be honest but thought you were dealing with him & it was none of my business. I didn't know you liked poetry. I hope you enjoy.

Obsi

Masters Champion
Reactions
Whatever happened to everyone has a right to have & air an opinion as long as it doesn't affect others

Read this thread https://www.tennis-prose.com/tennis...0-but-he-has-body-of-a-25-years-old-man.5587/ You see that I expressed an opinion which @Federberg attacked in a disrespectful way. Up until that moment, I didn’t insult him.

Some people should learn how to be civilized

@Federberg uses the word “moron” in practically every post when he is talking about myself. Is it civilized to describe someone as “moron”?

a certain person has called names to more than 1 person for no apparent reason

For no apparent reason? Go back and read carefully what @Front242 said in the post #99.

A certain person's behavior is downright disgusting...it shows everyone how nasty they are

Up until now, I was absolutely respectful to you personally. Despite that, you decided to be disrespectful towards me by using the words “disgusting” and “nasty”. Well, I will tell you that you’re a scumbag.

Last edited by a moderator:

Horsa

Reactions
Read this thread https://www.tennis-prose.com/tennis...0-but-he-has-body-of-a-25-years-old-man.5587/ You see that I expressed an opinion which @Federberg attacked in a disrespectful way. Up until that moment, I didn’t insult him.
I agree. He could have said he disagreed & you'd have said that's your right. We'll agree to disagree.
Is disagreement with others a cause for insults? I don't think so.

@Federberg uses the word “moron” in practically every post when he is talking about myself. Is it civilized to describe someone as “moron”?
No.

For no apparent reason? Go back and read carefully what @Front242 said in the post #99.

I was sick of the slanging match like everyone else & it seemed as if you were the 1 starting it without provocation & saw no reason for any of you to be insulting to anyone else. I wanted it to stop like everyone else. I could have phrased what I said differently & acted more civilized myself. It also was none of my business & I shouldn't have interfered or taken sides especially when it turns out it was a case of 6 of 1 & 1/2 a dozen of the other. It would be nice if you'd both apologise & be civilized towards one another.

Up until now, I was absolutely respectful to you personally. Despite that, you decided to be disrespectful towards me by using the words “disgusting” and “nasty”. Well, I will tell you that you’re a scumbag.
I was respectful towards you too until then. I was going on the behavior you showed. I called the behavior disgusting not you. You were acting nasty & because I saw no prior provocation thought you were initiating the slanging match & being nasty for no reason. I don't normally judge but that's how things seemed. We all do things we wouldn't normally think of doing or say things we wouldn't normally think of saying when we feel pressurized. I don't blame you for thinking that. You've got a right to have & air an opinion. What I said would make you think that. I know differently. I know who I really am & no one else does. Everyone else just knows what I want them to know. That's all anybody knows about other people, what they want them to know. I'm sorry.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So much for Political Correctness, a serious discussion about it, and any notion of mutual respect. I'm looking forward to your poetry, @EquineAnn, as a palate cleanser.

Horsa

Reactions
So much for Political Correctness, a serious discussion about it, and any notion of mutual respect. I'm looking forward to your poetry, @EquineAnn, as a palate cleanser.
I did discuss things seriously to start with until I diversified. I respect everyone who respects me. I hope you enjoy.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I did discuss things seriously to start with until I diversified. I respect everyone who respects me. I hope you enjoy.
You did, and I wasn't talking about you.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
At the risk of extending this nonsense, thanks for posting that thread OTM. I almost forgot about it. Interestingly you were the first to throw a insult my way :lol6: Obviously I was hurting your feelings, but I’m responding for one reason only... you weren’t expressing an opinion so much as posting a pundits comment. Which is something you had done before as if to revel in the fact that someone had said something nice about your beloved Novak :facepalm: I still find it pathetic but now I recognise you don’t have the confidence or maturity to promote your own views

Horsa

Reactions
At the risk of extending this nonsense, thanks for posting that thread OTM. I almost forgot about it. Interestingly you were the first to throw a insult my way :lol6: Obviously I was hurting your feelings, but I’m responding for one reason only... you weren’t expressing an opinion so much as posting a pundits comment. Which is something you had done before as if to revel in the fact that someone had said something nice about your beloved Novak :facepalm: I still find it pathetic but now I recognise you don’t have the confidence or maturity to promote your own views
This keeps going round in circles. You're both saying the same things & throwing insults over & over again. Isn't it time to let things drop & apologise to one another & get on with doing what you want to do, maybe changing subject? Lack of confidence isn't a reason to pick on people. They need reassuring & bringing out of their shell not being made to feel nervous.

Reactions: mrzz

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This keeps going round in circles. You're both saying the same things & throwing insults over & over again. Isn't it time to let things drop & apologise to one another & get on with doing what you want to do, maybe changing subject? Lack of confidence isn't a reason to pick on people. They need reassuring & bringing out of their shell not being made to feel nervous.
I’ll happily drop it. But as long as he follows me around it’ll continue if I’m minded to respond. Either way it’s no problem

Obsi

Masters Champion
Reactions
At the risk of extending this nonsense, thanks for posting that thread OTM. I almost forgot about it. Interestingly you were the first to throw a insult my way :lol6:... you weren’t expressing an opinion so much as posting a pundits commen

Can you give the number and quote the post where I throw the first insult your way? In the post #41 I expressed my own opinion: “Federer has never beaten peak Djokovic.”. You responded in the post #45 with “Lol! How old are you?. Seriously! Never been beaten during his peak.:facepalm:

It shows you’re an asshole.

Obviously I was hurting your feelings

I’ve been hurting your feelings by following you around. That’s obvious. Your effort to conceal your anger is hilarious.

Which is something you had done before as if to revel in the fact that someone had said something nice about your beloved Novak :facepalm: I still find it pathetic but now I recognise you don’t have the confidence or maturity to promote your own views

You’re a pathological liar. I’ve expressed my opinions countless of times. If I often quote pundits, it doesn’t mean I don’t have confidence or maturity to promote my own views.

Horsa

Reactions
I’ll happily drop it. But as long as he follows me around it’ll continue if I’m minded to respond. Either way it’s no problem
Thank you very much. I understand.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Can you give the number and quote the post where I throw the first insult your way? In the post #41 I expressed my own opinion: “Federer has never beaten peak Djokovic.”. You responded in the post #45 with “Lol! How old are you?. Seriously! Never been beaten during his peak.:facepalm:

It shows you’re an asshole.

I’ve been hurting your feelings by following you around. That’s obvious. Your effort to conceal your anger is hilarious.

You’re a pathological liar. I’ve expressed my opinions countless of times. If I often quote pundits, it doesn’t mean I don’t have confidence or maturity to promote my own views.

Nope. Your statement was so absurd I had to ask the question. Didn’t know if you were trolling or not. Not sure why a question is considered insulting at all. In my defence I didn’t realise at the time you were a moron. My bad

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540