Serious PC thread

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

As the poster-child for feminism on the forum, I will say that I agree with this woman. There are many of us who are arguing the fine-points on the various accusations, but I will affirm this: there are too many women making spurious and facile accusations, which weakens the arguments of women who have an actual claim. We need to make a distinction between actually criminal behavior, harassment that results in loss of work, and just the vague insult or crass remark. My job requires that I travel with men. In my long experience, most guys are honorable, even when they can say crass things and make blue jokes. We all know the difference. Maybe hashtags can be a bit too facile. The conversation about sexual misconduct is complicated, but it doesn't include every dirty joke. And most especially, an accusation shouldn't be the final condemnation. I have been appalled that just by calling someone out seals the deal on their culpability.

Reactions: Federberg

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
As the poster-child for feminism on the forum, I will say that I agree with this woman. There are many of us who are arguing the fine-points on the various accusations, but I will affirm this: there are too many women making spurious and facile accusations, which weakens the arguments of women who have an actual claim. We need to make a distinction between actually criminal behavior, harassment that results in loss of work, and just the vague insult or crass remark. My job requires that I travel with men. In my long experience, most guys are honorable, even when they can say crass things and make blue jokes. We all know the difference. Maybe hashtags can be a bit too facile. The conversation about sexual misconduct is complicated, but it doesn't include every dirty joke. And most especially, an accusation shouldn't be the final condemnation. I have been appalled that just by calling someone out seals the deal on their culpability.
I agree. Women need to be taken seriously but there needs to be more investigation over whether these allegations are true or false & those ladies who make false allegations need to be named & shamed to make it easier for those who have real experiences to speak out & get the help they need. Common sense also needs to be brought back into play as some of the ideas of the definition of sexual harassment brought forward over the last year or so have frankly been absolutely ridiculous. Mind you, the question "what exactly is common sense or common knowledge?" could be asked as what's common sense or common knowledge to 1 isn't always common sense & common knowledge to others. Is common sense or common knowledge that common? I'm not anti-feminism or pro-feminism. I'm pro-equality regardless of gender, age, race, religion, etc.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I loved his answer. He rejected being pushed into an identity politics cul de sac and forcefully reiterated his point. Identity politics can be contested without being labelled an -ism, it's important for people to remember that

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
I loved his answer. He rejected being pushed into an identity politics cul de sac and forcefully reiterated his point. Identity politics can be contested without being labelled an -ism, it's important for people to remember that
Good 1. I agree. People shouldn't just be put into boxes but should be able to be who they want to be & be seen for who they want to be or at least have their right.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This is the full interview. Apparently this has become a huge thing. The first link I posted was what was whatsapp'd to me. Since found the full thing.

oh my stars! As I watched this I had to stop myself from screaming several times. What an appalling interviewer. She keeps claiming that he's said things he hasn't. Very interesting discussion though. Very smart guy

Last edited:

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
^This interviewer is certainly one of the most stupid persons I ever heard. The interviewed, on the other hand, is indeed pretty smart. Too bad half of his phrases were "I never said that".

N

Nekro

That Peterson is a very basic jew puppet, a careerist coward and a huge piece of shit.....

He's the wordpipe of his jewish masters, unoriginal muppet, he says exactly what the jews want to hear, that they are born more intelligent, more talented, they are more intellectual....This guy is trying to spread the jewish superiority theory, that jews were simply born better..... And the well known inherently superior ashkenazi jew intelligence mantra... You know, he's a racist, in a positive way, towards the jews....

Yeah, cause that's what those dumbed down anglo tools are supposed to believe, jews were just born superior, those inferior latinos, blacks and whites should just accept their roles as slaves and servants to the jewish master race......

Luckily, in some non-anglo countries those idiotic theories are laughed at and spat on.... Here's a great writing dismantling the superior ashkenazi intelligence theory and lots of other bullshit.... It also shows how the cause of the jewish "success" is tribal fanaticism instead......

https://kuruc.info/r/9/183053/

Now that i thought a bit more about these traitor cowards Arnie Schwarzie jumped to mind...

Arnie "careerist, jew butt licking traitor piece of shit" Schwarzie after Charlottesville donated money to the wiesenthal center.....

Arnie "i sold my ass to the jews, literally" Schwarzie (at 12 i read his book "my way to the top" and i was shocked in one part he was washing himself from the allegation he was the toyboy of a jewish big guy to further his career, as a little kid i was shocked, my parents bought me the book cause i wanted to read about sport and training and after i read that part i was 100% convinced he was fucked by the jew), so this Arnie, instead of giving his money to poor latino, black and white people, gave his money to the already filthy rich jewish assassins, just clap clap you complete abomination.....

You know these "nazi hunter" jewish organizations hunt not only "nazis" but anybody who does anything good for the average joes, like JFK, or anybody who gets into any kind of position to do anything good for poor people, these jewish assassins just simply execute him....

Wise place to donate your money to, Arnie, you absolute maggot......

Last edited by a moderator:

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I found out about Peterson just these days, after reading @Federberg 's post. He says a lot of interesting things. If he could be, at times, a bit less combative I guess he would help his image, or at least make his adversaries life's a bit harder. I saw a few videos and read a thing or two. Then I came across an article about him on The Guardian (and I won't post the link just not to spread it), which was simply one of the most dishonest things I ever read. It distorted every possible bit of information, it is filled with the cheapest form of prejudice. Even myself, who just saw a few clips on youtube, could spot the web of inconsistencies of the article. One thing is to push for your ideas and beliefs, the other is to be completely and utterly dishonest. I am starting to buy more and more in the notion of "post-truth", and sadly it seems that it will come a time, not far away I am afraid, when simply everything is a constructed self serving empty speech.

Obviously Peterson is not the sole possessor of the eternal truth. But the guy is (contrary to what the article says) always willing to justify his views with a coherent, fundamented speech. Given that he or his fans (and I am sure there are a lot of idiots in this group) are the ones posting the videos, you won't find many moments were he is caught in an error... but I recognize an academic approach when I see one.

In other words, for an youtube celebrity, he is quite dense. And, The Guardian liking it or not, he has real academic credentials. I may not agree completely with his categorization of "Neo Marxism", but, hell, brown papers like these are making a hell of an effort to convince me he is actually right about it.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
discuss.... (to be honest I was more alarmed at the protest at the lecture right near the end)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
discuss.... (to be honest I was more alarmed at the protest at the lecture right near the end)

Listen, before I give anymore time to this crap and rebut it, can you give me the provenance? It sounds like a personal blog youtube. The other thing I found from the same source is a "12 Point Alt-Right Manifesto." Your standards are slipping.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Listen, before I give anymore time to this crap and rebut it, can you give me the provenance? It sounds like a personal blog youtube. The other thing I found from the same source is a "12 Point Alt-Right Manifesto." Your standards are slipping.
Lol! Calm down Moxie. I wasn't particularly impressed with the tennis bit at the start. I think I've been fairly clear with my views. Tennis is entertainment and has nothing to do with number of sets. If I could have spliced the last minute of the clip I would have. I posted it because I was appalled at the students protesting the lecturer's comments about the factual physical differences between the sexes

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lol! Calm down Moxie. I wasn't particularly impressed with the tennis bit at the start. I think I've been fairly clear with my views. Tennis is entertainment and has nothing to do with number of sets. If I could have spliced the last minute of the clip I would have. I posted it because I was appalled at the students protesting the lecturer's comments about the factual physical differences between the sexes
But is it a lecturer? I doesn't sound like it's recorded in an auditorium. Plus, who is the "lecturer?" I still think provenance is worth attributing. If you're on a "freedom of speech" jag, then what was the event?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
But is it a lecturer? I doesn't sound like it's recorded in an auditorium. Plus, who is the "lecturer?" I still think provenance is worth attributing. If you're on a "freedom of speech" jag, then what was the event?
have you gone to the last minute?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I've just skipped ahead. I will listen, become more informed to give you an opinion, but you might have framed what you wanted out of that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540