Serious PC thread

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Men menstruate, women womenstruate. I thought it was obvious. Menstruation is a misogynistic term.

I am myself having a period. A period of hallucination, I hope. It has lasted for about forty something years and counting.

P.S. Trans transtruate. Non-binaries n'binstruate (mind the guttural n). Be inclusive! Inscruate!

Or n'scruate....
It’s great to see you @mrzz — I’ve missed your unique sense of humor.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
this cycle of 'believe women first' as opposed to 'hear women' and allow due process is starting to receive the scrutiny it deserves, thanks to Amber Heard. My only hope is that those who have falsely used this banner should be properly held accountable and punished. I've heard too many cases of men who've been falsely accused of rape and imprisoned, who've ended up exonerated and the accusers haven't even received jail time. If the true goal of feminism is equality, then those responsible need to be punished and punished severely for the destruction of people's lives. But for that to happen the misandry so obviously embedded at the top of feminist intellectual thinking needs to be uprooted. Thought this video clip was very interesting...

Well this is proof that a mob mentality is vitamin deficient. And most modern activism - the loud, screechy blue-haired sort - is akin to infantile narcissistic tantrum throwing, attention-seeking, and horrible time wasting. The outcome of the outlandish “believe all women” dogma is that the presumption of innocence is all but lost in many cases, and of course the importance of this precious legal jewel would be lost on most of the nuts who think it’s not relevant.

I suppose something like this only becomes important when it’s their dad/brother/son/uncle/bestie affected by it..

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
They’re already saying that, and worse. Next they’ll say that actual men and women are the unnatural freaks. Though they’ve erased women, which is a mission accomplished for them…
Gosh! That's absolutely ridiculous. (I use the internet for research sometimes but I start by doing research the old way & just use the internet for cross-referencing. I'm doing some on cats at the moment for a poem my friend has asked me to write on cats.) I'm very sorry I'm out of touch with the news. I've been really busy recently working, doing extra training for work & writing as well as doing staff roles on other forums.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Gosh! That's absolutely ridiculous. (I use the internet for research sometimes but I start by doing research the old way & just use the internet for cross-referencing. I'm doing some on cats at the moment for a poem my friend has asked me to write on cats.) I'm very sorry I'm out of touch with the news. I've been really busy recently working, doing extra training for work & writing as well as doing staff roles on other forums.
You’re the wiser one. You’re better off not paying attention to this madness. It’ll depress you. You have your poetry and beautiful books, believe me, you’re richer than those of us who try to make sense of the insensible…

Reactions: Horsa

Horsa

Reactions
You’re the wiser one. You’re better off not paying attention to this madness. It’ll depress you. You have your poetry and beautiful books, believe me, you’re richer than those of us who try to make sense of the insensible…
Thank you very much. Too much news does depress me. Sometimes I use poetry to cushion the blows. (After a couple of recent creative writing courses I've been asked to write a historical fiction & a poetry book. The tutor mentioned publishing too.) Trying to make sense of the insensible is good at times too.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Thank you very much. Too much news does depress me. Sometimes I use poetry to cushion the blows. (After a couple of recent creative writing courses I've been asked to write a historical fiction & a poetry book. The tutor mentioned publishing too.) Trying to make sense of the insensible is good at times too.
Well, when the poet presents us with something that’s seemingly insensible, we might to wise to persevere with it, most likely it is beautiful, and metaphorically true.

When the activist presents is with something that is scientifically insensible, it’s kind of like a child sellotaping a toilet roll holder to the head of a dog and insisting that we must believe that it’s now a unicorn…

Reactions: Horsa

Horsa

Reactions
Well, when the poet presents us with something that’s seemingly insensible, we might to wise to persevere with it, most likely it is beautiful, and metaphorically true.

When the activist presents is with something that is scientifically insensible, it’s kind of like a child sellotaping a toilet roll holder to the head of a dog and insisting that we must believe that it’s now a unicorn…
Poetry helps to cushion the blows when the news is bad & sad. It helps us talk about negative subjects or those that are taboo in a way that is acceptable. (The only times when poetry seems insensible at times until we rethink it because it is normally being imaginative & creative & using metaphors or personification.)

I agree. Lol. Some news today seems ridiculous even when it's not the morning of April 1. We've really got to think about what we read & whether it's true taking into consideration what we already know.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Thought this video was highly entertaining and I kept forgetting to post it when it first came out. For context, one of the reasons the AH-team tried to stop the suit in Virginia in the first place was the claim that AH did not write the op-ed herself. Enjoy!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This is exactly what I mean when I say woke-ism must be destroyed. Root and branch. It's basically cultural fascism

[QUOTE] According to [URL='https:/...kiley-donovan-1235084028/']Deadline [/QUOTE]
the script for an episode of season six included numerous uses of a slur against people of Latino descent by a racist character. It has been reported that the script was assigned to a white writer.

This is also intellectually primitive, and completely unfair to the “white writer”, who’s writing words for a fictional character to say. The new racism of America is that “whiteness” itself is a problem, which is nonsense. They have whiteness studies, which are basically a loaded deck to make white people feel bad about being white. White people, whiteness, are no more a problem than black people, or blackness. In fact, let’s completely lose the word “whiteness”, because it’s obviously a racist term created by so called anti-racists who are in fact themselves racist…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Not saying I agree with all of this. Primarily because I can’t claim to be fully informed but it’s an interesting read

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Last edited:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I just could not believe it when this was brought up recently here in Australia, what we all have to put on blindfolds when we visit this night club so we dont upset the other patrons,?
This is 'Stupidity at the Highest Level' :)
How are you gonna know if you want to have a good stare…if you haven’t already had a good stare?

:astonished-face: :lulz1:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
The only surprise about this one is that I’m not surprised, which is a very, very sad indicator of how stupid things have become… :facepalm:

Australia nightclub bans staring at strangers without verbal consent

6942847F-BBCE-4E57-BE97-5A58AA2D6720.gif

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
The “T” part of LGBT should never have been part of the group.
I assume the 'T' stands for trans? If that's the case then I agree. That has nothing to do with sexuality, which is what I thought it was supposed to be about

Reactions: tented
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540