Serious PC thread

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Just watch and listen to the analyst.These guys are spot on..I tried to convey this to you and MB a few months ago..although I get opposing views on this board..I know the “real”world would never tolerate such ignorance as the rhetoric that this board display at times..
I watched it, that's why I asked you to elaborate your point. What is it the point you are trying to make?

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here's an interesting politically incorrect topic.....gay rights in Africa. It will be amusing to see the likes of St. Moxie of Manhattan and Mr. Gay Rights in Lebanon ("eat shit! eat shit!") try to explain these away. I stand with the African leaders against the white LGBT-advocating losers of the West on this issue.

Here are the presidents of Kenya (Uhuru Kenyatta), Uganda (Yoweri Meseveni), Zambia (Edgar Lungu), and Zimbabwe (Robert Mugabe) taking a firm stand. The funniest of these videos is the last, when President Kenyatta stands up to Obama right to his pale face. It was one of those many moments where Obama was prating about utter nonsense and talking slow like he was still recovering from his 18th concussion. If there is one quote to forever associate with Barack Obama, it's this: "uhhh, uhhhh, uhhhh......."

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
don't call me 'cis'... I love it!

I'm not sure why this is a PC issue, but the commentator totally nailed that guy to the wall on Meghan dominating Harry. (Never heard anyone say "cis.")

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
apologies that was the wrong video clip...

Bummer. Now I have to try to watch another video clip that you actually intended. Could you try actually telling us what you mean, rather than just leaving us to derive it from a clip? As in, post a clip, but tell us what you're thinking about it at the same time? That would be helpful. I just wasted 10 minutes, and you didn't even mean that clip. I was trying to be one for the team, but actually don't give a toss about Meghan or Harry, and that wasn't even what you meant.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Bummer. Now I have to try to watch another video clip that you actually intended. Could you try actually telling us what you mean, rather than just leaving us to derive it from a clip? As in, post a clip, but tell us what you're thinking about it at the same time? That would be helpful. I just wasted 10 minutes, and you didn't even mean that clip. I was trying to be one for the team, but actually don't give a toss about Meghan or Harry, and that wasn't even what you meant.
lol! My bad. I was actually sending the Meghan and Harry one to a friend of mine who is an avid Daily Mail reader (that paper hates Meghan). So it must still have been in my clipboard when I tried to post the Piers Morgan thing.

The clip I intended is fairly self explanatory I thought. The activist was trying to get J K Rowling cancelled for something in one of her books without having even read it. That qualifies for this thread doesn't it? ;)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
lol! My bad. I was actually sending the Meghan and Harry one to a friend of mine who is an avid Daily Mail reader (that paper hates Meghan). So it must still have been in my clipboard when I tried to post the Piers Morgan thing.

The clip I intended is fairly self explanatory I thought. The activist was trying to get J K Rowling cancelled for something in one of her books without having even read it. That qualifies for this thread doesn't it? ;)
My point is, why don't you tell us what the clip is about instead of forcing us to watch it, or not, in order to figure out what your point is? You could give a small summation when you post a video, rather than ask us to click on it, watch it, and decide what it is that bugs you. It would help if you told us what was on your mind about it.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
My point is, why don't you tell us what the clip is about instead of forcing us to watch it, or not, in order to figure out what your point is? You could give a small summation when you post a video, rather than ask us to click on it, watch it, and decide what it is that bugs you. It would help if you told us what was on your mind about it.
I wasn't aware there was a particular protocol for posting :D To be honest just checking back a few pages I feel confident in saying a lot of posters just post the clip and leave it at that. I'm not really sure the reason for putting the clip here was that mysterious :) Nevertheless... if I remember I'll try to do that

Reactions: Jelenafan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I wasn't aware there was a particular protocol for posting :D To be honest just checking back a few pages I feel confident in saying a lot of posters just post the clip and leave it at that. I'm not really sure the reason for putting the clip here was that mysterious :) Nevertheless... if I remember I'll try to do that
I'm just saying it would be helpful to read a comment as to what is your POV. I know you don't see Cali's posts, but, as an example, he posts videos without comment, and I don't click on them. Because...well, you can imagine. Your opinion interests me, however, so I do like to see what's on your mind. I just like to know where you're going with it or what about it caught your attention, if it's not too much trouble. :good:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Beyond self explanatory.

Confess far from a Piers Morgan fan, but I did think it was hilarious how he pointedly said not to call him cis. I don't pretend to know what others life/gender personal experiences are , and if others want to label me a “cis male”, whatever. However I don’t call myself that, nor did anyone ever ask me my preference.

Reactions: Moxie and Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Is this stuff really going on in New York schools? Absolute insanity

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I found this extraordinary...

That is an amazingly intelligent and valuable statement. Somehow Fox News and the farther/farthest right media have grabbed onto the notion of CRT and made it a buzz-phrase without any context or understanding of it, and have got so many folks out there exercised about the idea that their kids are going to be taught racist, Marxist ideas in school, and white people are going to be meant to hate themselves. To be clear, the experts in this say that Critical Race theory isn't even taught to undergraduates in this country. It's a deeply academic study.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
so here's a real life situation happening in real time. Check out the screenshot of the thread below. New female employee in a financial services firm (the one talking about the card), and my male ex-colleague, bantering with her. He's been asked to go and see their HR department because of this. What the absolute F?? :astonished-face:

1631547092557.png

• Wow
Reactions: tented

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
have people seen Dave Chapelle's show 'The Closer' yet? I'm waiting for a good youtube stream of it, as I'll be damned if I'm going to get netflix. I can't even make full use of all the channels I have already! Interested to hear your thoughts...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
have people seen Dave Chapelle's show 'The Closer' yet? I'm waiting for a good youtube stream of it, as I'll be damned if I'm going to get netflix. I can't even make full use of all the channels I have already! Interested to hear your thoughts...
I have Netflix and I watched it. I think Chappelle is a genius. The Lenny Bruce of our time. He navigates it well for a good bit of the time, then it gets a bit flabby and clouded. It really does make me sad that our culture has become such that our comedians feel they have to pull punches. At their best, and I think Chappell is one of our best, they reflect very sharply to us who we are. He mostly holds up his end, but at a certain point it feels like he's just kind of angry, and can't figure out how to navigate what is expected of him. He tries. And makes a compelling cri-de-couer for a trans comic who was his friend. It doesn't all land, but I don't know what more you can expect. It's rather a B-. I know people have been offended, but I don't know what you expect from a good comic.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540