Serious PC thread

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
However, the issue of trans rights is far more complicated than pro-trans rights (and on the whole, I probably would refer to myself as one) people would like to pretend. Extreme examples such a sports, prison, and to a much lesser extent, bathrooms, aren't straightforward.

The sport dilemma in particular cannot be understated, and I feel the trans-rights group is doing themselves a disservice by using this a a hill to die on. It's taking away from the actual hardships transgenders deal with (bullying, abuse, harm, etc...). You gotta select your battles. There are very real arguments as to why trans-women shouldn't be competing with women. To deny that would be lunacy. The other reason I wouldn't even focus on that if I were them is that for the time being, it's not a big deal. It's nothing common, yet. Pick your battles and have your priorities straight. I understand everything isn't mutually exclusive, but this seems to be taking away too much attention.

Oh wow, what a reasonable post. See everyone? BwokenBoy is firmly pro-trans, but he understands there are some difficult questions for the trans community and their participation in society. This demonstrates his diplomatic nature and balanced perspective.

We should all value what he has to say - he being the scholar who invokes the Italy example on coronavirus but can't be bothered to read an article about it, and he who says Trump has mishandled the crisis without even knowing that the Democratic governor of New York recently complimented Trump for handling it well.

I think I'll step away from the deeply unpleasant topic of "transgenderism" and just re-post two articles on the coronavirus topic in the hope that this "scholar" can somehow be brought up to speed on basic facts:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Again, I'm a liberal. Not even a moderate one. I'm a flat out liberal.

Lol.....you're not "liberal" you ignorant fucking idiot. You are someone who tells himself he is worldly by condemning Americans, who you define in the most unidimensional and distorted way possible. Your definition of being "educated" means condemning the United States without even knowing anything about it. Nothing shows this better than when you condemn the U.S. for supposedly being motivated by a "genocidal war ideology" that you ahistorically and ignorantly associate with right-wing conservative ideas. This shows how clueless you are about political theory, American history, and the history of the concepts of both conservatism and liberalism.

Your worldview has nothing to do with the "liberalism" of the 19th century, which was actually a laudable concept. All that drives your worldview are two things:

1) Anti-American bigotry (which goes hand-in-hand with your laughable ignorance about political theory and American history), and
2) Regular totalitarian left-wing clichés about equality.

There is nothing "liberal" in how you view the world. You just hate the United States with ignorant stereotypes while repeating the clichés of white leftists about silly concepts like "gay marriage" and transgenderism.

That has nothing to do with historic "liberalism."

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Lol.....you're not "liberal" you ignorant fucking idiot. You are someone who tells himself he is worldly by condemning Americans, who you define in the most unidimensional and distorted way possible. Your definition of being "educated" means condemning the United States without even knowing anything about it. Nothing shows this better than when you condemn the U.S. for supposedly being motivated by a "genocidal war ideology" that you ahistorically and ignorantly associate with right-wing conservative ideas. This shows how clueless you are about political theory, American history, and the history of the concepts of both conservatism and liberalism.

Your worldview has nothing to do with the "liberalism" of the 19th century, which was actually a laudable concept. All that drives your worldview are two things:

1) Anti-American bigotry (which goes hand-in-hand with your laughable ignorance about political theory and American history), and
2) Regular totalitarian left-wing clichés about equality.

There is nothing "liberal" in how you view the world. You just hate the United States with ignorant stereotypes while repeating the clichés of white leftists about silly concepts like "gay marriage" and transgenderism.

That has nothing to do with historic "liberalism."

Literally everything you stated above is false. Literally, every, fucking thing.

And you're right, the US has never ever been guilty of genocidal war ideology. I mean, it's the most power, richest country in the world who has a hard time providing affordable health care for its citizens but has no problem literally spending trillions on useless wars. And yeah, there's no genocidal ideology when US presidents throughout history have literally made up excuses just to invade other countries. Nope, never happened. George W Bush never existed. Joe Biden has never admitted to knowing Iraq does not have weapons of mass destruction but approved of the Iraqi war anyway. That's a guy who might (somehow) become a presidential candidate.

And yes, nothing like being lectured about being stuck in the 19th century by you. You're all about what's modern. Hey, when was the Bible written by the way?

Last edited:

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Oh wow, what a reasonable post. See everyone? BwokenBoy is firmly pro-trans, but he understands there are some difficult questions for the trans community and their participation in society. This demonstrates his diplomatic nature and balanced perspective.

We should all value what he has to say - he being the scholar who invokes the Italy example on coronavirus but can't be bothered to read an article about it, and he who says Trump has mishandled the crisis without even knowing that the Democratic governor of New York recently complimented Trump for handling it well.

I think I'll step away from the deeply unpleasant topic of "transgenderism" and just re-post two articles on the coronavirus topic in the hope that this "scholar" can somehow be brought up to speed on basic facts:

I take back what i said about you voting for Trump because no person who actually wrote the above is of the legal age of voting.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And you're right, the US has never ever been guilty of genocidal war ideology.

What you call the U.S.'s "genocidal war ideology" has nothing at all to do with the right-wing conservatism that you associate with Donald Trump. It comes from people who agree with you, tented, and Moxie on all the social issues such as gay nuptials and transgender surgeries. American global democracy is a leftist concept. The people in the Bush administration who started the war in Iraq all love gay marriage and hate Donald Trump. So don't blame right-wing Americans for "genocidal war ideology," if you choose to use that term. It comes from the leftist establishment of the United States. (And, for the record, one thing that has bothered me about Trump is his stated support for gay marriage. I disagree with him on that.)

I mean, it's the most power, richest country in the world who has a hard time providing affordable health care for its citizens but has no problem literally spending trillions on useless wars.

Oh, good one. Did you get that from the white European leftists who you try to emulate at every turn? Healthcare in America is much better than idiotic Europeans generally say. Italy supposedly has one of those great systems of socialized medicine and they're not faring too well right now, are they?

The U.S. healthcare system was actually outstanding up until recent decades when excessive government intervention in conjunction with a rapidly growing population caused costs to skyrocket.

And yeah, there's no genocidal ideology when US presidents throughout history have literally made up excuses just to invade other countries. Nope, never happened.

That ideology is left-wing in origin. If you're too ignorant of political theory to know that, that's on you.

George W Bush never existed.

Everyone who was in the Bush administration and orchestrated the war in Iraq hates Trump for being an "isolationist" and not starting new wars. And George Bush was a leftist in terms of his political theory about the world - something you don't realize because, as the bigot you are, you could only hear his country Texas accent without paying any attention to the content of his words.

And yes, nothing like being lectured about being stuck in the 19th century by you.

Can you read? Or are you suffering from Joe Biden-like dementia? I was complimenting 19th-century liberalism as something good, unlike your repulsive worldview that you inappropriately call "liberal."

19th century liberalism was great. The contemporary left with its glorification of homosexuality and encouraging children to change their gender is not. You clear now?

Last edited:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I take back what i said about you voting for Trump because no person who actually wrote the above is of the legal age of voting.

Thanks for addressing the statement from Cuomo complimenting Trump's leadership. Just don't ever again accuse me of ignoring inconvenient posts.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Thanks for addressing the statement from Cuomo complimenting Trump's leadership. Just don't ever again accuse me of ignoring inconvenient posts.

I disagree with Cuomo. Trump literally lied every time he spoke about the virus. THere's a video that I'm sure you've seen of every time Trump shrugged off the virus since February. He called it a hoax, completely under control, etc...over 10 lies. Ten. So yeah, sorry but if standards for Trump being responsible are so low that he's been praised for finally changing his position on something once reality hit him in the face (something you can learn from) then yeah, that's not good enough. Imagine how much more effective the measures would have been if that moron literally didn't think the virus was a democratic lie.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I disagree with Cuomo. Trump literally lied every time he spoke about the virus. THere's a video that I'm sure you've seen of every time Trump shrugged off the virus since February. He called it a hoax, completely under control, etc...over 10 lies. Ten. So yeah, sorry but if standards for Trump being responsible are so low that he's been praised for finally changing his position on something once reality hit him in the face (something you can learn from) then yeah, that's not good enough. Imagine how much more effective the measures would have been if that moron literally didn't think the virus was a democratic lie.

Trump did take measures to stop the virus in late January and early February a week after the WHO director general basically said countries outside of China had nothing to worry about (the WHO director general made his statement on January 23rd, Trump acted on January 31st by declaring a public health emergency and then enacting a travel ban on February 2nd). Trump did this while the Democrats were totally focused on impeachment.

So, you are wrong again. Go look at the timeline on the other thread. Trump did not make his "hoax" comments until February 28th, a full month after he declared a public health emergency and enacted a travel ban on non-U.S. citizens coming from China.

You really need to stop getting information from your white left-wing slavemasters in the Western media if you are ever going to understand the world.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Note, Cuomo praises Trump and Trump then promises to send 1000 bed capacity Navy Ship to NY. This, to the state that he tried to single-out for punishment a month or so ago, by taking away our right to Global Entry passports for giving driver's licenses to all who apply, regardless of citizenship status. Now he's our buddy. You massage Trump's enormous yet fragile ego, you get things. That's what that particular ass-kissing was about.

Reactions: tented

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Note, Cuomo praises Trump and Trump then promises to send 1000 bed capacity Navy Ship to NY. This, to the state that he tried to single-out for punishment a month or so ago, by taking away our right to Global Entry passports for giving driver's licenses to all who apply, regardless of citizenship status. Now he's our buddy. You massage Trump's enormous yet fragile ego, you get things. That's what that particular ass-kissing was about.

Oh of course. New York is the only state getting attention from the Trump administration now. And Cuomo's remarks could not have possibly been genuine. Sure.

It's not like the state of New York is among the state leaders in number of coronavirus cases or anything. That's not why Trump might send the navy ship to New York. If only he had the self-assurance and confidence that Obama did before repeatedly being bitch-slapped by Putin on the world stage, or completely failing to keep his healthcare promises. What a strong, self-assured man Obama was. So impressive!

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You do ignore inconvenient posts. And it is rich of you to whine "don't even again accuse me of..." given how much you're always accusing your debate opponents here of something spurious. Perhaps when you stop using insult as a debate tool folks might not fling it back at you.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You do ignore inconvenient posts. And it is rich of you to whine "don't even again accuse me of..." given how much you're always accusing your debate opponents here of something spurious. Perhaps when you stop using insult as a debate tool folks might not fling it back at you.

I have to respond to dozens of posts because I am in the minority viewpoint so I don't have time to address every sentence in every other post. But I understand you are salty because I have shredded so many of your posts and you had nothing to say.

Now why have you ignored my question for you on why you can't condemn Chinese wet markets? Are you scared of any culture or country that isn't white? Do you like the idea of human beings cooking monkeys, bats, and dogs? And why don't you condemn China for being the world's worst polluter if you are concerned about "global warming"?

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have to respond to dozens of posts because I am in the minority viewpoint so I don't have time to address every sentence in every other post. But I understand you are salty because I have shredded so many of your posts and you had nothing to say.

Now why have you ignored my question for you on why you can't condemn Chinese wet markets? Are you scared of criticizing anyone who isn't white? Do you like the idea of human beings cooking monkeys, bats, and dogs? And why don't you condemn China for being the world's worst polluter if you are concerned about "global warming"?
You assume I even read that question. You mistake not responding because of being "shredded" with not responding out of utter boredom at the diarrhea of nonsense that you spout. Brevity might get you read a bit more.

Reactions: Federberg

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh of course. New York is the only state getting attention from the Trump administration now. And Cuomo's remarks could not have possibly been genuine. Sure.

It's not like the state of New York is among the state leaders in number of coronavirus cases or anything. That's not why Trump might send the navy ship to New York. If only he had the self-assurance and confidence that Obama did before repeatedly being bitch-slapped by Putin on the world stage, or completely failing to keep his healthcare promises. What a strong, self-assured man Obama was. So impressive!
That was a clear quid pro quo. Despite recent denials from certain quarters, I suspect you know what that is.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You assume I even read that question. You mistake not responding because of being "shredded" with not responding out of utter boredom at the diarrhea of nonsense that you spout. Brevity might get you read a bit more.

So you can't stay on topic. First, you and Broken say that I ignored things you and others have said. Then I say you have done the same. Then you admit it.

How is one supposed to engage in dialogue with someone who affirms their opponent's positions but then acts as though they disproved them?

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That was a clear quid pro quo. Despite recent denials from certain quarters, I suspect you know what that is.

Have you learned how to spell the words "immunity" and "principles" yet? Your non-existent versions are "ammunity" and "principals."

And I will let you know that "quid pro quo" is exactly what the Democratic nominee for president engaged in with Ukraine to protect his son. QuidProQuoJoe. Unfortunately you are "ammune" to basic reality and increasingly struggle with spelling. Your mind must be going the way of Biden's.

tented

Administrator
Reactions

Exactly.

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
could you elaborate please?
Just watch and listen to the analyst.These guys are spot on..I tried to convey this to you and MB a few months ago..although I get opposing views on this board..I know the “real”world would never tolerate such ignorance as the rhetoric that this board display at times..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540