Serious PC thread

tented

Administrator
Reactions
This is really scary....

A rise from 77 to 2,590 in a decade — that’s concerning. Are parents/psychologists/doctors feeling the need to intervene when a boy plays with a doll or a girl is a Tomboy? How else to explain a thirty-fold increase?

There has been a general trend in medicine over the last decade or so of treating children/adolescents who deviate from the norm as being deviant enough to merit medical intervention. Diagnoses of ADHD, mild forms of autism, gender dysphoria, depression, and so on have become all too common. These diagnoses have been beneficial to health care professionals and pharmaceutical companies, with an increase in profits, but I can’t help but be suspicious. If all of this were to be considered legitimate, then how did kids from my generation, who grew up in the 70s/80s, ever survive?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
A rise from 77 to 2,590 in a decade — that’s concerning. Are parents/psychologists/doctors feeling the need to intervene when a boy plays with a doll or a girl is a Tomboy? How else to explain a thirty-fold increase?

There has been a general trend in medicine over the last decade or so of treating children/adolescents who deviate from the norm as being deviant enough to merit medical intervention. Diagnoses of ADHD, mild forms of autism, gender dysphoria, depression, and so on have become all too common. These diagnoses have been beneficial to health care professionals and pharmaceutical companies, with an increase in profits, but I can’t help but be suspicious. If all of this were to be considered legitimate, then how did kids from my generation, who grew up in the 70s/80s, ever survive?
preach..

tented

Administrator
Reactions

Oy ... this is such a difficult topic. On one hand, I think trans people deserve equal rights, but on the other, it’s clear they have a biological advantage over (cis?) females. It also seems like something which could be exploited: I can imagine a man declaring himself to be a woman in order to compete in a sport, win an Olympic Gold medal, then later declare himself to be a man after all.

And what about the reverse: trans males competing against cis males. (I’m not convinced I’m wording this correctly.) Anyway, I can envision the trans people in this situation almost always losing, because the others have that same biological advantage. (Am I even making sense?) Should cis men sue to separate themselves from the trans people because they always win? Wouldn’t that be the inverse of the other situation?

Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Oy ... this is such a difficult topic. On one hand, I think trans people deserve equal rights, but on the other, it’s clear they have a biological advantage over (cis?) females. It also seems like something which could be exploited: I can imagine a man declaring himself to be a woman in order to compete in a sport, win an Olympic Gold medal, then later declare himself to be a man after all.

And what about the reverse: trans males competing against cis males. (I’m not convinced I’m wording this correctly.) Anyway, I can envision the trans people in this situation almost always losing, because the others have that same biological advantage. (Am I even making sense?) Should cis men sue to separate themselves from the trans people because they always win? Wouldn’t that be the inverse of the other situation?
In my opinion trans people had equal rights as their original gender. They then made a choice to change their gender and in the case of trans-men they have a natural physical advantage over women. I think the whole issue of "equal" rights should be further explored because what's happening right now is utter bullshit.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca

If a person has gone through male puberty, the biological advantage of that can never be erased no matter what medication you are on. It is simply not fair to the girls, especially when so much is on the line, like scholarships, education, etc...The silence from feminists is deafening on this issue. This is the most anti girl/woman issue you can find, no?
Trans athletes should be able to compete freely, in the sex category they were born with. That does not seem unfair to me.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The silence from feminists is deafening on this issue. This is the most anti girl/woman issue you can find, no?

No, actually not. I understand your point but most women, particularly pseudo-intellectual white women, care far less about sports than they do about the LGBT agenda. If you count up the number of women who care about the purity of athletic competition versus the number of women tweeting inane Democratic Party clichés or posting inane memes on Facebook about the sanctity of trans rights, the latter group would dwarf the former.

You are of course right in your logic here but given that so many women (particularly white women) treat the LGBT agenda as their religion and the Democratic Party as their church, it is hard for me to feel bad for them when they are victimized by the advantages of trans women in athletic competition. It is, quite simply, what so many of them deserve.

(And, btw, there are a huge number of straight white male leftists in the United States who support this nonsense. They are the one element of the Democratic Party no one talks about. Without their support the Democratic Party would begin to fall apart.)

tented

Administrator
Reactions
If a person has gone through male puberty, the biological advantage of that can never be erased no matter what medication you are on. It is simply not fair to the girls, especially when so much is on the line, like scholarships, education, etc...The silence from feminists is deafening on this issue. This is the most anti girl/woman issue you can find, no?
Trans athletes should be able to compete freely, in the sex category they were born with. That does not seem unfair to me.

Or have the trans community compete against each other — that would be a level playing field, right? No innate biological advantages or disadvantages.

I know Martina Navratilova got attacked when suggesting it’s unfair to allow trans women to compete against women, but I thought it was interesting that this was her opinion on the topic.

Reactions: Moxie

tented

Administrator
Reactions
If a person has gone through male puberty, the biological advantage of that can never be erased no matter what medication you are on. It is simply not fair to the girls, especially when so much is on the line, like scholarships, education, etc...

That’s a good point. If I were one of these young women, I would be pissed off if I didn’t get a scholarship because my results were affected by trans women.

Also, consider the categories in boxing. Obviously people decided at some point that it would be an unfair advantage to have people above a certain size/weight to compete against those who are smaller. A sensible, understandable need to have separate categories due to different body types. Without such divisions, it’s easy to imagine heavyweights always winning.

Finally, imagine if there were a college consisting exclusively of trans women. Now imagine their athletes. Naturally, they would seek out the tallest and strongest for their basketball team or track and field. Now imagine their results when competing against other schools. Would anyone be surprised if they won every event, and the other schools always came away empty handed? Would that be fair?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I agree that this IS where it gets complicated. Not the bathrooms or the general workplace or keeping people from harm and discrimination. And, sure, why couldn't it be exploited, given that sports can reap people real monetary benefits? In our own sport, Renée Richards made a name and a career for herself in tennis when she didn't have one before. Even she came to recognize that she had an advantage over her peers. Not that there was as much money in the game at the time, and I think her transition was genuine, and not to get a tennis career.

I don't know if it was brought up here, or something I read elsewhere, the idea that trans people should only compete against each other, in sports. I don't see any other way forward. Federberg says above that they had equal rights before transitioning. While that's debatable, for those born female, it is also fair to say that one gives up some things by choosing to transition. Personal identity is made up of many things. In a business or academic setting, transitioning may have little or no consequence. In sports, it's a big difference. If a person is an accomplished athlete and wants to pursue their sport, perhaps they have to choose where they identify more: as the opposite gender, or as an athlete. But I do think they have to decide. I don't think trans-women competing against cis-women works at all. Nor vice versa. Eventually, there may be enough trans athletes to see them competing on a level field in any number of sports. Until then, I don't think it's completely unfair that someone would have to choose between being an athlete or transitioning. There are plenty of forks in the road in life, and you don't always get to keep all options open.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Finally, imagine if there were a college consisting exclusively of trans women. Now imagine their athletes. Naturally, they would seek out the tallest and strongest for their basketball team or track and field. Now imagine their results when competing against other schools. Would anyone be surprised if they won every event, and the other schools always came away empty handed?

No, because they're actually men claiming to be women. So the scenario you are describing would be a team of men competing against women.

The claim to gender transition is completely unscientific.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The N word cannot really be that bad, can it, if a whole culture is using it freely every day? I mean I understand the history of it so I do not use it, or promote the use of it but if the people that find it the most offensive are the people that are freely using it, how bad can it really be? You say it means something different when used by blacks and something different when used by everyone else, then I would like to know if there is any other word in the history of mankind that operates like that.
Just so there is no misunderstanding, I do not like the word, I do not use the word, I do not promote its use...I just do not understand why people that are most hurt by it keep on using it. Does not compute...
"The N word cannot be that bad, can it"
Are you out of your MotherFucking Mind?

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
"The N word cannot be that bad, can it"
Are you out of your MotherFucking Mind?
Do you work for CNN or something? :) Picking one sentence out of the whole post? Read the rest, answer the question yourself. We are talking about a word 40 million US citizens use, or CAN use every day.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Do you work for CNN or something? :) Picking one sentence out of the whole post? Read the rest, answer the question yourself. We are talking about a word 40 million US citizens use, or CAN use every day.
It's not allowed by me at home, working, at church or on the tennis courts.. there's NOTHING EVER acceptable about that word...So again. Are YOU OUT OF YOUR Motherfucking MIND

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
It's not allowed by me at home, working, at church or on the tennis courts.. there's NOTHING EVER acceptable about that word...So again. Are YOU OUT OF YOUR Motherfucking MIND
I do not use the word, so you take up your issues with the people that actually use it, how about that? I am pretty sane actually. But you have a problem with not understanding what you read I assume, or you bother not to read. Either way, I do not care what you think.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't have a problem with reading comprehension..I have a problem when you would have the Audacity to think that it's can now be acceptable to use that word.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I don't have a problem with reading comprehension..I have a problem when you would have the Audacity to think that it's can now be acceptable to use that word.

Please just read my original post once again, slow. I am NOT saying it is acceptable. I am asking a question. Here is the question: How bad can a word be if a 40 million people , the people that should be MOST OFFENDED by it are free to use it? Just answer that question for me. I don't use the word, I do not encourage the use of the word, I do not find the word acceptable. Just answer my question above.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540