Serious PC thread

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
There will always be mud wrestling.
ugh.. now you made me think of tranny mud-wrestling. I fear you've irrevocably destroyed a great genre of entertainment for me now...

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
ugh.. now you made me think of tranny mud-wrestling. I fear you've irrevocably destroyed a great genre of entertainment for me now...

I did not destroy anything. I was respecting the sacredness of that institution. It was our last resort.

But you, you have sinned. You thought of it, it is your fault. Even worst, you wrote it down. Worst still, you posted it. Now someone will read it, find it a great idea, and in six months it will be the biggest thing of the internet. And it all will be your fault! You can only hope the person does not name the site after you just to be thankful. Who knows, it could be one of the posters here! Right now he/she/whatever can be wetting him/her/wherself (I invented a pronoun!) just thinking about it!

Damn, I can think of a thousand jokes on the subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: tented

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I did not destroy anything. I was respecting the sacredness of that institution. It was our last resort.

But you, you have sinned. You thought of it, it is your fault. Even worst, you wrote it down. Worst still, you posted it. Now someone will read it, find it a great idea, and in six months it will be the biggest thing of the internet. And it all will be your fault! You can only hope the person does not name the site after you just to be thankful. Who knows, it could be one of the posters here! Right now he/she/whatever can be wetting him/herwherself (I invented a pronoun!) just thinking about it!

Damn, I can think of a thousand jokes on the subject.
:lulz1:

tented

Administrator
Reactions

I wonder how many men are going to identify as female in order to win an Olympic Gold Medal? At the very least I think men should thoroughly transition to female (not just identify) before being allowed to compete.

Will women who have transitioned to men complain that the male athletes have an unfair advantage?

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I wonder how many men are going to identify as female in order to win an Olympic Gold Medal? At the very least I think men should thoroughly transition to female (not just identify) before being allowed to compete.

Will women who have transitioned to men complain that the male athletes have an unfair advantage?
But see, you are asking reasonable questions and stuff :) ...which the people who push this agenda do not want to hear. A person like Navratilova who fought as hard or harder than anyone for gay rights got blacklisted by these people because she asked reasonable questions and voiced reasonable concerns. This is a small cult that is not interested in any other ideas.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
If you have the time, and you want to see why wokeness is not what it claims it is...

I had a discussion the other day with a friend who referred to the woke/social justice warriors/PC police as being the "far left." I said they've gone so far left, they've circled back to become the radical right. They're attempting to dictate what others can say/do -- that's authoritarianism, not liberalism.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I had a discussion the other day with a friend who referred to the woke/social justice warriors/PC police as being the "far left." I said they've gone so far left, they've circled back to become the radical right. They're attempting to dictate what others can say/do -- that's authoritarianism, not liberalism.
I agree plus it is not just dictating what people say and do but what people think, which is much scarier.

Reactions: mrzz and tented

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If you have the time, and you want to see why wokeness is not what it claims it is...

I did just watch, up until the Q&A. Let's face it, they come off as pretty smug. And as they rightly acknowledge up front, there is no diversity on their panel, including in diversity of opinion. They buff each other up incredibly. While I do agree with you and Tented on the notion that there is a real problem with a vocal group of people who hammer on the PC/Social Justice/Woke thing, humorlessly, and without respect for any nuance, I don't think this is a majority view. I would pick apart some of what they are discussing. I absolutely agree that the ability to "mock" super-seriousness in politics is essential, I don't think most would disagree with that. I have always said that my version of PC comes from 70's-90's, and Andrew Doyle says that that was good stuff. They reach back to Kate Millet, which I think muddies their ideas. Yes, she questioned the patriarchy in the canon of literature, but it was needed, in its time. You can't say that being PC in a certain time was good, and then use someone like Millet as an example of over-reaching. The march towards justice and equality for underserved groups has had different eras and has also had reasons for being militant. Now that there is a great deal of openness and awareness of the needs and desires for equality amongst minority groups, I would say that some groups, primarily white straight people, esp. men, feel that the zero-sum game leaves them lesser, and at a place of being on the wrong end of the stick. They equate this with a kind of "totalitarianism," which I think is an exaggeration. They manage not to mention the "totalitarian" reaction from the right against such thinking.

One of the things they're really complaining about is the fear of politicians to fall on the wrong side. Well, that's politicians being cowards, and not really the rest of us. They speak of "bullying," but they don't talk about the historical "bullying" of the minority across centuries. I'm so sorry if the privileged few are having a rough time of it, atm. They talk about the "elimination of the individual," when a person is reduced to a one-issue, based on race, gender, sexuality/preference, etc. I get that, and I think people who actually know people who are identify as part of a minority understand that they are whole people with a great diversity of opinion and are not merely described by one part of themselves. I think it's actually reductive to find that PC-ness/"woke-"ness is a monolith and a danger. IMO, the important thing is open dialogue. Not to be closed-minded on either side.

Reactions: Murat Baslamisli

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Piers Morgan fighting back against the campaign to have him fired from Good Morning Britain. He doesn't agree with the idea of 100+ genders.

Reactions: tented

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
fyi... I'm on his side, Laurence Fox, we've got to be able to speak about these things without SJW's labelling people

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Something from a biologist on why gender/sex is complicated in terms of biology. Since some people do see it as very binary:

where does it end though? One can make similar arguments that race is fluid too. The whole thing is just a fashion for the moment, and some of these Hollywood types who are raising their kids as gender neutral are not only failing to equip their kids for the real world but it's darn close to child abuse in my view. We are who we are and part of life's journey is learning to deal with who and what you are. I fear for the future

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Race is not biological. This biologist is telling you that gender is biologically not so binary. Some parents do things when raising their kids that people consider pushy or cruel, such as having them be performers, or enter pageants, or are tiger parents (violin and math camp and college tutors in kindergarten,) and some kids are always going to suffer from that, and some flower.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/race-is-a-social-construct-scientists-argue/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1003
britbox World Affairs 8340