Serious PC thread

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
The point that people are obviously not getting in this that if you are a white male billionaire writing a fiction story about a poor black African child you do have a good probability of getting everything wrong and publishing a great pile of shit, BUT people need to actually READ your story and VERIFY that it is a pile of shit. The book stands by itself - it doesn't drag the author along with it all the time. So do we need to know who is the author to have an opinion about a book? What if you don't know the author? What if it is just a name on the cover? Can you make a judgement then? Do you need a background check first?

It is impressive how these people simply don't know what literature is about. It is a good damn VIRTUE of an author the ability to describe things he actually never experienced. I always felt "these people" (yes, I know I am generalizing) have so many personal issues that they need to make it all about themselves, all the time.
that's an excellent point. If we could go back to an innocent time where the artist wasn't promoted, just the art. It would cut the legs off this insanity! :)

Reactions: mrzz

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yep. The concept of that you have to "be" what you write about is frankly ridiculous.

John LeCarre and Frederick Forsyth didn't need to be Russian spies! Maybe Stephen King could have killed a bunch of folks before he had the temerity to write The Shining... or worst still identified as a cat, before penning Pet Cemetary.

Reactions: mrzz and tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
And all historical fiction would cease, unless we invent time machines to go back and live in the eras we’re writing about.

Yep, it’s already dangerously Orwellian. I hesitate to call these people liberals or even the far left. It’s more as if they’ve gone so far, they’ve landed on the other side.

Reactions: mrzz

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And all historical fiction would cease, unless we invent time machines to go back and live in the eras we’re writing about.

Yep, it’s already dangerously Orwellian. I hesitate to call these people liberals or even the far left. It’s more as if they’ve gone so far, they’ve landed on the other side.

Give it ten years and what was considered far left a decade ago, will be reclassified as hard right!

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I just clicked "like" four times in a row... what the fuck is going on? Oh no! I am losing my masculinity! Help me Mr Trump! Fuck you all you retarded morons!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Anyone else watched Dave Chapelle's Sticks and Stones special? I have to say this is one of the best comedy performances I've seen since.... Bill Hicks. Absolutely phenomenal. So funny to see progessive media trying to kill and failing terribly. Glad to see the world is still normal and these self righteous irritants aren't quite as listened to as I feared. There's hope for us all yet

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Serious question here. Say a dude decides to identify as a woman, maybe he even really commits and has an operation. But he was married before and had children. So how does his child refer to him now? I mean... are they supposed to be supportive and refer to them as "she" while at the same time still calling them "dad"? Just curious...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anyone else watched Dave Chapelle's Sticks and Stones special? I have to say this is one of the best comedy performances I've seen since.... Bill Hicks. Absolutely phenomenal. So funny to see progessive media trying to kill and failing terribly. Glad to see the world is still normal and these self righteous irritants aren't quite as listened to as I feared. There's hope for us all yet
I'd never heard of him until recently - I think it was probably one of your previous posts that had me watching stuff on Youtube. The guy is a genius storyteller.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Serious question here. Say a dude decides to identify as a woman, maybe he even really commits and has an operation. But he was married before and had children. So how does his child refer to him now? I mean... are they supposed to be supportive and refer to them as "she" while at the same time still calling them "dad"? Just curious...

It’s a personal decision. My understanding is the decision is often left up to the kids, in order to make them comfortable. I know some MTF people’s children still call them “Dad” — and everyone is fine with that.

Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'd never heard of him until recently - I think it was probably one of your previous posts that had me watching stuff on Youtube. The guy is a genius storyteller.
oh wow! You have to go through his body of work. He's truly phenomenal. And all the current top comedians bow to him

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
They have literally left planet earth.

Only the Dolphins and the Dolphinesses left the planet. They left men, women, xmen, penguins, penguinesses, pengons (genderless penguins), transpenguins and xguins behind. They new we were doomed.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

At the risk of derision, it should be noted that there is an experiment going on...a penguin chick is being raised by a same-sex penguin couple, so they're trying to see what happens if they don't make a strong gender assignment to the chick. You all, presumably, don't mind that experiments get done on lab rats, etc. It's an experiment, and these people know a lot more than you do about animal behaviors. A little bit too much "hair on fire," imo.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
nd these people know a lot more than you do about animal behaviors

And my wife knows more about animal behavior than them. She keeps telling me she is an expert, and then blinks. I am sure there is some message there, but I just can't get it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And my wife knows more about animal behavior than them. She keeps telling me she is an expert, and then blinks. I am sure there is some message there, but I just can't get it.
Every woman who lives with a man knows about animal behavior. She's blinking at you to say a.) you're being an asshole, b.) you completely forgot you knew those people, c.) Sex?

Last edited:

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Every woman who lives with a man knows about animal behavior. She's blinking at you to say a.) you're being an asshole, b.) you completely forgot knew you knew those people, c.) Sex?

I genuinely must thank you for b). No joke.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have always loved Dave Chappelle, and just watched "Sticks and Stones." He is hilarious, and a genius. Touches on a lot of stuff we have gotten into here. (Just remember, he does satire better.) And it's so good it rather makes you cry at the end. Don't know Bill Hicks...I'll look him up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 999
britbox World Affairs 8329