Serious PC thread

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
lol! I don't think kids in inner city Birmingham need to be taught about diversity. They live it! The protests are about exaggerated claims of an LGBTQ agenda being promoted by the government. Nonsense of course..
Don't snicker. I was asking for help...you posted the video, it's your issue, so you could just clarify, if you don't mind. How am I supposed to know where they do and don't teach this in Britain?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Don't snicker. I was asking for help...you posted the video, it's your issue, so you could just clarify, if you don't mind. How am I supposed to know where they do and don't teach this in Britain?
you're too funny Moxie. Wouldn't it have been smarter to ask that first? I'm not responsible for the assumptions you make ;)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
you're too funny Moxie. Wouldn't it have been smarter to ask that first? I'm not responsible for the assumptions you make ;)
OK, fuck you, then. I said, "I might be wrong," which I thought implied that I was uncertain what I understood from the video, which I mentioned. As it is, it's only 11 minutes long, so one assumes there's a lot more to the issue. Not my fault you're so unsubtle that you couldn't get that.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
OK, fuck you, then. I said, "I might be wrong," which I thought implied that I was uncertain what I understood from the video, which I mentioned. As it is, it's only 11 minutes long, so one assumes there's a lot more to the issue. Not my fault you're so unsubtle that you couldn't get that.
wow! what's the matter with you?? You lose it when you feel misunderstood but you spend half your time trying to label other folks with -isms. What's that about?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
wow! what's the matter with you?? You lose it when you feel misunderstood but you spend half your time trying to label other folks with -isms. What's that about?
This is exactly what's wrong me. You bring in that video. You're the only person who lives in the country where it goes on. We're discussing it, and then instead of being useful and helpful, you go all snide and now it's not about answering the questions, it's about making fun of me. Very boring.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This is exactly what's wrong me. You bring in that video. You're the only person who lives in the country where it goes on. We're discussing it, and then instead of being useful and helpful, you go all snide and now it's not about answering the questions, it's about making fun of me. Very boring.
I'm honestly amazed. Watch the video again Moxie. It seemed pretty straightforward to me. Clearly about sexuality, LGBTQ relationships etc. Where you take this leap towards ethnicity and different religions escapes me. But blame me for your victimhood if you want. Next time I'll ignore the obvious clues in the video and focus on your "subtle" queries. Wow...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm honestly amazed. Watch the video again Moxie. It seemed pretty straightforward to me. Clearly about sexuality, LGBTQ relationships etc. Where you take this leap towards ethnicity and different religions escapes me. But blame me for your victimhood if you want. Next time I'll ignore the obvious clues in the video and focus on your "subtle" queries. Wow...
I'm not going to watch the video again. You have a habit of posting things with no context, then, if someone doesn't watch closely enough, or understand what you're going for, you can be snide, rather than helpful. It doesn't promote good conversation. I don't actually think you're being passive-aggressive about these posts, but I know you well enough to believe that you just think everyone is already inside the conversation/topic you are well into. Except that we might not be. Don't make us work so hard. And don't be so snippy when we don't get it. The conversation was going along quite well until you decided to be snide rather than helpful. (Oh, OK, and then when I told you to fuck off.) :D

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
lol! I don't think kids in inner city Birmingham need to be taught about diversity. They live it! The protests are about exaggerated claims of an LGBTQ agenda being promoted by the government. Nonsense of course..

There is an interesting subtext to it though. Namely, where is the boundary and the overlap of values taught by the state and those taught by parents... and in this particular case there is a collision because those values differ.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
There is an interesting subtext to it though. Namely, where is the boundary and the overlap of values taught by the state and those taught by parents... and in this particular case there is a collision because those values differ.
yes absolutely. That's what I found so fascinating. I have a feeling that we'll see quite interesting coalitions forming in these protests

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I would rather religion and sex be left out of schools and left to the families and people's preferred house of worships. Otherwise you end up being indoctrinated as opposed to educated. Sure, indcotrinating can take place in a church or a mosque too but at least you pick those. Anything is better than government ...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
not sure if it's fully appropriate for me to post this clip here, but I did admire the genius of the point he hears from a trans-gender. And it seemed fitting given the recent discussion. Around minute 13. You'll know it when you hear it...

Reactions: tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
not sure if it's fully appropriate for me to post this clip here, but I did admire the genius of the point he hears from a trans-gender. And it seemed fitting given the recent discussion. Around minute 13. You'll know it when you hear it...

:clap::yesyes:

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca

One of the saddest parts of this story is we have these human rights tribunals in Canada, which are total jokes by the way and the British Colombia version of the court has actually taken this case on ! If this Yaniv person wins this case, we are all screwed...well, women more screwed.

tented

Administrator
Reactions

So, people shouldn’t write fiction anymore, unless it’s about people who match themselves in every respect? That’s where this is heading. A white male can’t write historical fiction with a black female character, and a black female can’t write about a white man.

Reactions: Murat Baslamisli

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
So, people shouldn’t write fiction anymore, unless it’s about people who match themselves in every respect? That’s where this is heading. A white male can’t write historical fiction with a black female character, and a black female can’t write about a white man.
it is absolutely bat crap crazy. I think it's a natural over reaction to a perfectly valid societal demand for greater cultural sensitivity. We will see more of a backlash against it before we reach a new equilibrium where society is generally more culturally sensitive without becoming too snowflakey.. that's my guess anyway

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is a new one, Penguin Random House Publishing have decreed that by 2025 all their hires and authors will reflect the makeup of society against the census - in relation to ethnicity, gender, sexuality, social mobility and disability.

So, in short, authors will be selected on quotas for ethnicity, gender, sexuality, social mobility and disability that match the UK census.

:lulz1:

If you're transgender, black, gay, working-class with one leg then I suggest you write a novel.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions

The point that people are obviously not getting in this that if you are a white male billionaire writing a fiction story about a poor black African child you do have a good probability of getting everything wrong and publishing a great pile of shit, BUT people need to actually READ your story and VERIFY that it is a pile of shit. The book stands by itself - it doesn't drag the author along with it all the time. So do we need to know who is the author to have an opinion about a book? What if you don't know the author? What if it is just a name on the cover? Can you make a judgement then? Do you need a background check first?

It is impressive how these people simply don't know what literature is about. It is a good damn VIRTUE of an author the ability to describe things he actually never experienced. I always felt "these people" (yes, I know I am generalizing) have so many personal issues that they need to make it all about themselves, all the time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 999
britbox World Affairs 8339