Serious PC thread

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This is the debate that led to Laurence Fox’s cancellation. He was outraged that a discussion about male suicide was deflected to women’s issues

That’s incredible, and a double blow for men because if men are committing suicide at higher rates - and they are, no matter how much the first woman there wanted to shoehorn women into that stat somehow - and men aren’t talking enough about their feelings, then what’s the reaction from women when they actually do talk about their feelings?

CHORUS OF WOMEN: what about us? Sekshul ‘arassment, stand up for women!

Seriously, this is deranged. That bloke was incredibly polite and patient…

• Angry
Reactions: Federberg

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

Does Billy Bragg have a woman problem?

Yep.

But as soon as her [Louise Distra] straightforward resistance to gender ideology became known, she was met with horrendous abuse. Distras has been called every name under the sun, including anti-trans, Nazi, scum, prostitute, grifter, child serial killer, and witch. She soon realised that she had been “marked for life” as a “disgusting terf” — that no redemption would ever be possible. She was told she deserves to be chucked out of the music industry. Her booking agency has said that her attitude towards transwomen could “have detrimental effects on [her] musical career”. Radio stations have stopped playing her songs and venues cancelled her gigs. “If I go back to the industry as it stands,” she says, “if someone had the balls to book me for a gig, I would likely be physically attacked. It’s not safe.”

One of the first derogatory reactions was from Bragg. “What??”, he tweeted, linking to the feature, which included a photograph of Distras — who usually wears black and leather on stage — wearing a formal dress. “Louise Distras hates trans people so much that she’s willing to dress in a style acceptable to Daily Mail readers in order to have a go at them. What does this have to do with feminism Louise? Or punk rock?”

Bragg also showed no sympathy for Róisín Murphy, another female singer-songwriter who has faced the wrath of trans activists. After a private Facebook conversation in which she criticised the policy of giving children puberty blockers was leaked, she was admonished by Bragg for holding the wrong opinion. “Them’s the breaks,” Bragg tweeted when it was suggested that Murphy was being punished by having BBC coverage and concerts cancelled. “Think before you post is my advice, especially on issues that are contentious.” This is cowardice.

Speaking of Roisin Murphy: cancelled by the BBC for not spouting wonky left wing gender ideas:

Why the BBC had to memory-hole Roísín Murphy

For instance, much as the BBC might like you to think that Roísín Murphy was never due to have 10 hours of coverage on 6 Music next week, her place in the listings has already been screenshotted. Online, however, it is no longer visible.

Creepy..

Last edited:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
FFS!

Trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney named UK mag’s first-ever ‘Woman of the Year’

This is wrong on every level imaginable. It’s an award for being sick.

“No matter how hard I try, or what I wear, or what I say, or what surgeries I get, I will never reach an acceptable version of womanhood by those hateful people’s standards,” she said.

“But as long as the queer community sees me for my truth, I’m going to be OK.”

Jargon junky. There is no ‘my truth’ that contradicts ‘your truth’ while both still remain true. That’s Oprah-speak. But it gives shelter to liars and conmen when they use it…

Reactions: shawnbm

tented

Administrator
Reactions
  • Haha
Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
You don’t mention which magazine. Is it “Total Bullshit Weekly”?
Attitude magazine. The article calls it a gay magazine, one which presumably doesn’t sense the threat to young gay kids…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Without making specific comments about the tragedy in Gaza, I find it confounding, as mentioned on Bill Maher last night, that the same folks who accused a senior Judge of violence because of his words, are supporting the violence Hamas has inflicted.

On the more US politics side.... If the Dems aren't careful they could find themselves going down the dangerous rabbit hole the Labour Party under Jeremy Corbyn went.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Without making specific comments about the tragedy in Gaza, I find it confounding, as mentioned on Bill Maher last night, that the same folks who accused a senior Judge of violence because of his words, are supporting the violence Hamas has inflicted.

On the more US politics side.... If the Dems aren't careful they could find themselves going down the dangerous rabbit hole the Labour Party under Jeremy Corbyn went.

You can call out both sides easily enough, and this should really go way beyond "political aspirations". Anyone justifying an Israeli genocide in Gaza from the comfort of their armchair is beyond reproach IMO.

Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
You can call out both sides easily enough, and this should really go way beyond "political aspirations". Anyone justifying an Israeli genocide in Gaza from the comfort of their armchair is beyond reproach IMO.
Yup. That's my view too. Both sides are messing it up completely. Or rather I should say that the Israeli governments policies of containment, and frustration of any legitimate means of the Palestinian people to realise nationhood is awful. And terrorist organisations like Hamas have zero interest in a two state solution. I don't think the Palestinian people have any love for either Hamas or Hizboullah to be honest. I feel sorry for the Palestinian people but I can't condone the groups that control them either

Reactions: britbox

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Has this guy really been suspended? MSNBC watchers?

“A lie can travel around the world and back again while the truth is lacing up its boots.”—Mark Twain.

I can’t find anything to support this rumor, yet it does seem to be spreading around Twitter. He just tweeted this an hour or so ago, which he wouldn’t have done if he had been removed:

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
“A lie can travel around the world and back again while the truth is lacing up its boots.”—Mark Twain.

I can’t find anything to support this rumor, yet it does seem to be spreading around Twitter. He just tweeted this an hour or so ago, which he wouldn’t have done if he had been removed:

Good to know.

Reactions: tented

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
^^^^

Rumour or not, the amount of energy people spend "denouncing" other people opinions is astonishing. Everyone will have their opinion on Middle East topics. Most people do not give a shit for the people dying, in general they just want to control the narrative.

Reactions: shawnbm and tented

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
^^^^

Rumour or not, the amount of energy people spend "denouncing" other people opinions is astonishing. Everyone will have their opinion on Middle East topics. Most people do not give a shit for the people dying, in general they just want to control the narrative.

I've held my tongue on the The Jewish State most of my life after mom married into it! It's a "no win" situation where everybody's wrong! IMO :fearful-face:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This is next level nonsense - and dishonesty - from a trans activist.

New play features ‘interview’ with JK Rowling over her trans views

This week, Melbourne Fringe will host An Evening with JK. For just $28 a head, theatregoers will finally be able to hear how “one of the world’s most celebrated authors become one of the most hated,” as JK Rowling sits down for an “exclusive, hard-hitting, one-on-one interview” with a trans journalist, where Rowling “finally answers the questions she never gets asked, and gives the answers she’s always wanted to give.”

Well. Sort of.

This will not be an evening with the actual flesh-and-blood JK Rowling, but rather an evening with Anna Piper Scott, a transgender playwright who has taken on the burden of both scripting and reading Rowling’s lines.

You can guess the kind of words a transgender person will put into JK Rowlings mouth.

Activists like Scott have spent the last three-and-a-half years accusing JK Rowling of rampant transphobia — even of having blood on her hands — then disappearing when asked to provide the receipts.

They can hardly provide receipts they never had, though…

tented

Administrator
Reactions
This is next level nonsense - and dishonesty - from a trans activist.

New play features ‘interview’ with JK Rowling over her trans views

You can guess the kind of words a transgender person will put into JK Rowlings mouth.

They can hardly provide receipts they never had, though…
I wonder if she can sue for libel, if they’re putting words in her mouth? It’s one thing to provide a synopsis or interpretation of her previous statements; it’s a whole other thing if such statements are depicted as having been actually said by her. Well, I’m sure she’s aware of it, and has more than enough money and resources to take any available action(s).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540