Serious PC thread

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I wonder if she can sue for libel, if they’re putting words in her mouth? It’s one thing to provide a synopsis or interpretation of her previous statements; it’s a whole other thing if such statements are depicted as having been actually said by her. Well, I’m sure she’s aware of it, and has more than enough money and resources to take any available action(s).
I hope she does, if it’s an option, because it’s typical of these weasels that whenever anybody says anything critical about trans - or even asks a question - they start name-calling and threatening them, without ever answering, mainly because they have no sane or honest answer.

But now they think it’s a clever riposte to put words into her mouth, no doubt everything she hasn’t said, with their own shifty beliefs presented as rebuttal, which nobody will enjoy or think sufficient except their fellow loons.

The problem might be that they’ll say, oh this is fiction, it’s usually accepted that historical figures can be used this way?

Reactions: tented

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Women’s football:

IMG_1007.png

Surely not at the expense of quality, and winning matches?

:popcorn

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Let's hope not. The thing that always irks me about these things is that it presumes that all ethnicities and races march lockstep with others in all things equally. Looking at western Europe, until recently you might not find that many Africans or Muslims or Asians in the area of this team and then you don't know if any of them have an interest together with the talent to even think of trying out! There are too many variables to all of this. Making such an announcement is simply pandering to the screechers out there who yell loudest so they get the ink. Tiresome

Reactions: Kieran

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Looking at western Europe, until recently you might not find that many Africans or Muslims or Asians in the area
You can always import them. You pay a fee to a local club where they live, put them in a ship, feed them, and voila! All moral cops will be happy with the photos. It does look a bit with a nasty little thing of the past (well, present too), but that's not what this is all about...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This is so true! Just consider that just a decade ago the West had the moral high ground on topics like female genital mutilation. Now we don’t :facepalm:

• Sad
Reactions: Kieran and shawnbm

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I watched Bill Maher and saw Andrew Cuomo interviewed about his #MeToo situation. It's really quite depressing. I remember at the time thinking the guy must be an absolute idiot. Now we know better. These days when something awful has been alleged of a #MeToo nature, like Russell Brand my hackles go up. I instinctively worry that it's false. Believe women my ass. Sadly... subconsciously 'beware women' is what runs through a lot of mens minds and that is truly tragic

Reactions: Fiero425 and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
IMG_1018.jpeg

This article captures the progressive mindset when it comes to race. I’m not saying the journalist is progressive but this article is typical of a mindset that says racial abuse by a black person on a white person has to be viewed from the perspective of the black man’s feelings about historic racial abuse against blacks.

“On balance I believe it likely that Mbonambi said what Curry alleges” - he alleged that Mbonambi called him a “white c**t.”

Curry reported it to the ref and it was promptly ignored.

“If Curry felt genuinely demeaned as a white man, well let me put this diplomatically, I’d be somewhat surprised.”

Then the journalist makes an unnecessary comparison regarding racism against blacks. But perhaps Curry did feel demeaned by racial abuse from a black man. And maybe he felt it more so because his only recourse was to complain to the ref, (which resulted in nothing fruitful happening) given that if he’d replied by calling Mbonambi a “black c**t”, he’d instantly be the only racist in the exchanges.

Maybe he felt demeaned because he understood that they’re not serious about tackling racism, unless it’s racism against non-whites. This isn’t about justice or making the world less racist - it’s about pretty vengeance against Ol’ Whitey…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
View attachment 8902

This article captures the progressive mindset when it comes to race. I’m not saying the journalist is progressive but this article is typical of a mindset that says racial abuse by a black person on a white person has to be viewed from the perspective of the black man’s feelings about historic racial abuse against blacks.

“On balance I believe it likely that Mbonambi said what Curry alleges” - he alleged that Mbonambi called him a “white c**t.”

Curry reported it to the ref and it was promptly ignored.

“If Curry felt genuinely demeaned as a white man, well let me put this diplomatically, I’d be somewhat surprised.”

Then the journalist makes an unnecessary comparison regarding racism against blacks. But perhaps Curry did feel demeaned by racial abuse from a black man. And maybe he felt it more so because his only recourse was to complain to the ref, (which resulted in nothing fruitful happening) given that if he’d replied by calling Mbonambi a “black c**t”, he’d instantly be the only racist in the exchanges.

Maybe he felt demeaned because he understood that they’re not serious about tackling racism, unless it’s racism against non-whites. This isn’t about justice or making the world less racist - it’s about pretty vengeance against Ol’ Whitey…
my business partner is a white South African and is fluent in Afrikaans. What Mbonambi said was not racist. I forget what he tells me it translates to. Both sides are ethnically diverse. I do however agree that racism is racism. The idea that black people can't be racist is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I liken it to the fact that some people seem to think that it's ok for a woman to go on social media and talk about killing men with no repercussions, but the moment a man says a woman is fat he gets cancelled. That's just fucked. up

Last edited:
Reactions: shawnbm and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
my business partner is a white South African and is fluent in Afrikaans. What Mbonambi was not racist. I forget what he tells me it translates to. Both sides are ethnically diverse. I do however agree that racism is racism. The idea that black people can't be racist is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I liken it to the fact that some people seem to think that it's ok for a woman to go on social media and talk about killing men with no repercussions, but the moment a man says a woman is fat he gets cancelled. That's just fucked. up
Yeah it’s like playing cards with a stacked deck. We can’t get rid of racism and discrimination by encouraging those very same things…

Reactions: mrzz and shawnbm

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Hopefully she compensated him richly, because that’s a whole tragic tale!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Hey, she not only said sorry, she said she was _truly_ sorry. And we must believe her, because, well, you know why.
She was talking there to Darcus Howe, who was a bit of a race hustler in his day, so little wonder she was determined to give him a bit of a kicking…

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This fairly incredible, even considering the crackpot stuff that we see in this thread. I thought it was a satire because…you can’t help but think that, but it’s real. This woman was stopped for driving down the wrong side of the road, then the officers smelt alcohol, all the while her whiny her list of intersexuality bullshit excuses and traumas kept pouring out: “Don’t! You’re being a white man!”

It really makes me angry that we’re normalising mental health issues to the extent that we’re supposed to defer to somebody like this and call them what they want. Let them do what they want.

This is really pathetic and awful! She should be in an asylum, not in a bloody car!

• Angry
Reactions: tented

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
This fairly incredible, even considering the crackpot stuff that we see in this thread. I thought it was a satire because…you can’t help but think that, but it’s real. This woman was stopped for driving down the wrong side of the road, then the officers smelt alcohol, all the while her whiny her list of intersexuality bullshit excuses and traumas kept pouring out: “Don’t! You’re being a white man!”

It really makes me angry that we’re normalising mental health issues to the extent that we’re supposed to defer to somebody like this and call them what they want. Let them do what they want.

This is really pathetic and awful! She should be in an asylum, not in a bloody car!

That cop deserves a medal. He handled it perfectly.

Reactions: Kieran
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540