Serious PC thread

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah I kind of feel the same about him - he speaks common sense most of the time and he’s certainly more honest and thoughtful about the topics than his questioners tend to be. I stopped watching him for a while because it’s sometimes too intense, but I definitely think his detractors are wrong in how they represent his views.

Which is kind of why he ended up in court. When I think about it, that a court can decide that a grown educated person needs sensitivity training in how they tweet based simply on the basis of what crybullies want, while the same crybullies can incite violence on Twitter and say what they want, well, it’s obviously the world is strange, and getting stranger.

I get what you’re saying about them probably having a case, but his defence against that is that he was speaking freely as an individual and not as a psychologist. His public work as a psychologist has benefited so many people in their lives, but this one corner of this has trodden in the toes of cultural Marxists - and in Canada that can have you l lose your job - or have your bank account frozen - unless you learn to toe the politburo line.

With scientists dissenting, by the way, we saw a lot of that during covid, and scientists of similar credentials became either privileged or outcast depending on whether they repeated the new orthodoxies, or not..
My LORD the two of you guys @Kieran and @Federberg are some real modern day Theologians.. i hope I am using the right terminology .. May I inquire .. what level of advanced education you have achieved.. (you can send it in a pm if its not to personal) .. Bravo two very deep thinking Gents..

• Haha
Reactions: Kieran

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
My LORD the two of you guys @Kieran and @Federberg are some real modern day Theologians.. i hope I am using the right terminology .. May I inquire .. what level of advanced education you have achieved.. (you can send it in a pm if its not to personal) .. Bravo two very deep thinking Gents..
it's not personal.. at least not to me :) I'm just not sure I understand the relevance? It's not even clear to me this is a particularly deep conversation. Just basic observations of where we are right now. Do you really think this takes scholarship?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
it's not personal.. at least not to me :) I'm just not sure I understand the relevance? It's not even clear to me this is a particularly deep conversation. Just basic observations of where we are right now. Do you really think this takes scholarship?
Maybe not..I will exit this conversation jajaja

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It’s super high level stuff, brother. Would take more letters from the alphabet than the LGBTQFU++ mafia use, if we were to list all the letters behind our names. We’d need to use the Arabic and Phoenician alphabets too.

On the other hand, nah. It’s just lived experience that shows you that you should question every idea that’s new, and wonder where it comes from, and why. And how…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
An extraordinary conversation. Someone sent this to me. It got me thinking about the concept of coercion that the feminist uses. Imagine if a homosexual boss tried to bribe or threaten a subordinate to provide him sexual favours. I would expect that 90-95% of men would refuse. If subordinate women in the same position have a different response (i.e., if more women capitulate), that says more about them than anything. As much as men in power have dominated women in some situations through out history, they've also dominated men. In fact subordinated men have been killed through out history, which wouldn't have been necessary if they were prone to compliance

We all have choices about how we react, so perhaps we need to be a bit more nuanced when we consider this concept of victimhood..

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
An extraordinary conversation. Someone sent this to me. It got me thinking about the concept of coercion that the feminist uses. Imagine if a homosexual boss tried to bribe or threaten a subordinate to provide him sexual favours. I would expect that 90-95% of men would refuse. If subordinate women in the same position have a different response (i.e., if more women capitulate), that says more about them than anything. As much as men in power have dominated women in some situations through out history, they've also dominated men. In fact subordinated men have been killed through out history, which wouldn't have been necessary if they were prone to compliance

We all have choices about how we react, so perhaps we need to be a bit more nuanced when we consider this concept of victimhood..

I only watched part of it, but I don't really see it in the same light as you. The guy seems to be trying to legitimize prostitution as a mere transaction. It's not coercion on one level because there are willing participants... but that doesn't make it right. Kids are mining lithium in exchange for food... that's a better analogy than his cheeseburger one.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I only watched part of it, but I don't really see it in the same light as you. The guy seems to be trying to legitimize prostitution as a mere transaction. It's not coercion on one level because there are willing participants... but that doesn't make it right. Kids are mining lithium in exchange for food... that's a better analogy than his cheeseburger one.
oh I'm not saying it's right at all. My point is that it's a choice. It's not coercion. In fact my point about a subordinate male being offered the same choice emphasizes the choice component. Easy option isn't the best. And the fall back to claiming victimisation and coercion is specious to me. Not that I make it a habit of defending that guy, but I think he's more concerned about defining the transaction than legitimising it. Primarily provoked by the fact that she's claiming it's coercion

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
worth a watch...

What a horrible place. Canada is the place where people go to switch off their brain cells - and their conscience - it seems. Passive-aggressive reputation disruption as a compassionate way to cancel somebody, it seems.

Amy Hamm, the healthcare worker facing heat:

Two members of the public who complained to my regulatory body were incensed by my involvement in putting up a ‘I Heart JK Rowling’ billboard

This is how it is when everybody is special. Except the army vet who’s told they won’t upgrade her wheelchair but she has the right die? Then the Toronto psychopath activist who was sad to see she couldn’t get her fingers bloodied performing abortions but then another door opens for her to kill people: assisted suicide. She says she believes it’s well regulated and can’t be abused. She was told this by the blue rinse megalomaniacs who butcher children, no doubt?

• Wow
Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
so has anyone been paying attention to the kissing scandal at the women's World Cup final? I thought the Spanish FA President was a complete idiot. I suspect his actions was innocent and not sexual in the least. Although I would also say that never in a million years would he have done that to a male Spanish player. A proactive apology might have been sufficient, but when these PC warriors start frothing and trying to get him sacked I realised that no apology was going to save him. It's a bit sad that FIFA has fallen for it. But now he's fought back and showed the following clip. I think this bolsters his case. She clearly didn't take it seriously, but has got caught up in the whole MeToo cancellation...:facepalm:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
so has anyone been paying attention to the kissing scandal at the women's World Cup final? I thought the Spanish FA President was a complete idiot. I suspect his actions was innocent and not sexual in the least. Although I would also say that never in a million years would he have done that to a male Spanish player. A proactive apology might have been sufficient, but when these PC warriors start frothing and trying to get him sacked I realised that no apology was going to save him. It's a bit sad that FIFA has fallen for it. But now he's fought back and showed the following clip. I think this bolsters his case. She clearly didn't take it seriously, but has got caught up in the whole MeToo cancellation...:facepalm:

It’s waaay over the top! They’re trying to find ways to fire the manager of the Spanish team now, because unlike the rest of his coaching staff, he didn’t resign in protest. So what? He did nothing wrong. Even if he didn’t criticise Rubiales, it’s not his place to get involved in condemning somebody when the thing hasn’t even been properly investigated. Rubiales mother is on hunger strike. FIFA have suspended him. Rumours coming out that he’s a pig. The girl involved, did-she didn’t-she? These things become like a crazed mob rolling down a hill. It gets outta hand!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It’s waaay over the top! They’re trying to find ways to fire the manager of the Spanish team now, because unlike the rest of his coaching staff, he didn’t resign in protest. So what? He did nothing wrong. Even if he didn’t criticise Rubiales, it’s not his place to get involved in condemning somebody when the thing hasn’t even been properly investigated. Rubiales mother is on hunger strike. FIFA have suspended him. Rumours coming out that he’s a pig. The girl involved, did-she didn’t-she? These things become like a crazed mob rolling down a hill. It gets outta hand!
no it's worse than that mate. Regarding the coach. 15 members of the pre-world cup squad wanted him gone before the tournament. This is because he insisted on getting his deputies to monitor their night activities. Apparently there was a lot of fraternising if you know what I mean. So he insisted on rules where after 11pm (when the team was together) that everyone stayed in their rooms. In some ways it's a bit harsh and strict, but what happens if feelings get hurt and team cohesion blow up? He had to do what he had to do. And the team won. The knives were out for him before the tournament, and still brought gold home. Of course in time they'll try to write him out of the narrative!

• Wow

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
no it's worse than that mate. Regarding the coach. 15 members of the pre-world cup squad wanted him gone before the tournament. This is because he insisted on getting his deputies to monitor their night activities. Apparently there was a lot of fraternising if you know what I mean. So he insisted on rules where after 11pm (when the team was together) that everyone stayed in their rooms. In some ways it's a bit harsh and strict, but what happens if feelings get hurt and team cohesion blow up? He had to do what he had to do. And the team won. The knives were out for him before the tournament, and still brought gold home. Of course in time they'll try to write him out of the narrative!
Really? I never heard that! That’s mad. A sex ban isn’t uncommon but between teammates it’s advisable. As you say, what if they fall out. Totally mad situation!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
So clearly described!

In De Profundis Oscar Wilde talks about ‘the worst tyranny in the world - the tyranny of the weak over the strong. It’s the only tyranny that lasts.’

He’s speaking of a destructive personal relationship, but the logic holds for societies too..

Reactions: mrzz and Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
here's an update to the Spanish World Cup scandal...

I'm sure all the fema-nazis are going to come out with all sorts of shit about how her behaviour on the coach doesn't indicate that she felt completely different about the whole thing when it first happened

• Wow

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
here's an update to the Spanish World Cup scandal...

I'm sure all the fema-nazis are going to come out with all sorts of shit about how her behaviour on the coach doesn't indicate that she felt completely different about the whole thing when it first happened
Oh man! This is basically a mob-rule lawsuit that will hope believe-all-women is still a thing, in order to succeed… :facepalm:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Can help but feel that this belongs here. Sasha Zverev the Brave and Brilliant had a fan hauled out of their seat at the USO yesterday for shouting “the most famous Hitler phrase there is.”

The dizzy German dude didn’t recognise his own national anthem. Virtually every news site, including Fox News, Tennis.com and The Guardian reported the story accurately and yet failed to notice that Zverev wasn’t referring to anything related to Hitler at all, he just simply didn’t recognise his own countries national anthem .

Why is this in a PC thread topic? Because people are still stupidly looking for and seeing Nazis where they don’t exist, and casually accepting a silly blond tennis players word for it that he was abused - by hearing the German national anthem.

The guy who was hauled out? Unless he’s quick to retort and gets air space to clear this up, his life is ruined..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540