Roland Garros / French Open 2024 [Women] - Grand Slam

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Both Elena and Saba came through earlier in straights. Jaz went 3 sets and Mira is 1 game away from defeating the home town girl

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
Mirra Andreeva wins 7-5, 6-2, wrapping up a round of 16 that saw all the favorites advance.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Both Elena and Saba came through earlier in straights. Jaz went 3 sets and Mira is 1 game away from defeating the home town girl
Thanks Keli I have had computer troubles again back on line again and the Teen Queen came through

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Some fun facts regarding the Womens QFs,

Top 5 seeds, all of whom are slam champs
A 3 time slam finalist
One of the most improved/ breakthrough players of the last year
A young talent, who's the only unseeded player, may I add since Conchita Martinez has come on board as Mirra's coach she really has improved, in area's, Mirra has all the potential, making the QFs as a 17 yo is testament to that fact.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Womens QFs are set,

(1) Swiatek vs Vondrousova (5) H2H Swiatek 3-0
(3) Gauff vs Jabeur (8) H2H Gauff 4-2
(4) Rybakina vs Paolini (12) Rybakina 2-1
(2) Sabalenka vs Andreeva H2H Sabalenka 2-0

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Paula Badosa and Stefanos Tsitsipas withdrew from mixed doubles
The 'Tsitsidosa" Grand Slam mixed doubles debut put on hold again

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Order of Play for QF, Tuesday, June 4, 2024

1717469295834.png

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
One of the best sets of tennis Ons has played all year taking the 1st set against Gauff 64
I feel Gauff has to be more aggressive in this 2nd set
Gauff has to adjust to all the different pace balls from Ons, eg one slow, slice, etc

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Coco must of heard me playing more aggressive in the 2nd set with a good bhand winner and breaks
Not to be Ons attacking the fhand wing of Coco and breaks straight back
Coco with a break to love? can she consolidate this time?
Composed service game from Coco and she consolidates the break leading 5-2
Coco breaks for the 3rd time in this 2nd set and wins the 2nd set 62, has the momentum now as I feel Ons is fading physically and making too many ufe.
Going 3

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ons pushing her shots, making too many UFE and Coco who has turned this match around breaks and leads 3-1 3rd set
Coco with a love service game leads 4-1
Ons saves a MP
Coco Gauff will now serve for the match and a place in the SF 5-3
Great passing fh from Ons brings up BP
Deuce with a good serve from Coco
Coco with her 2nd MP
Drop shot from Ons.....deuce
3rd MP for Coco
Jesus Ons with a easy put away on the volley has a error like a Djoko smash that didnt even make the court lol!
Gauff d Jabeur 46 62 63 and is the first womens player through to the SF

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Iga play chess, great court awareness, just moves a step forward to take the next shot
Great wrist action from Iga getting down low to that ball
No let up from Iga a ten minute game, Marketa had some looks,, Iga 4-0
Iga 5-0
I feel Marketa should use the body serve to Iga more often jamming her, out of her hitting zone
Iga 1st set hands Marketa a bagel
Just 3 UFE in that 1st set from Iga, in clay tennis a must keeping your UFE low.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Watching the racquet head speed of Iga behind the baseline hitting winners is a delight to watch
Iga can also change direction of her shots with ease, such composure on court,her leg drive has also improved
Iga 4-1 2nd set
Marketa moving the ball around better in her service game, also great feel on the drop volley
Iga 5-2 2nd set
Marketa's serve has let her down in this match, DFs didnt help her cause, she also needed to play more aggressive against Iga and step in the court more
Iga with 2 MP
Just a wonderful display of tennis from Iga, making a statement in the business week of RG
Swiatek d Vondrousova 60 62
Swiatek will play Gauff in the SF

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Watching the racquet head speed of Iga behind the baseline hitting winners is a delight to watch
Iga can also change direction of her shots with ease, such composure on court,her leg drive has also improved
Iga 4-1 2nd set
Marketa moving the ball around better in her service game, also great feel on the drop volley
Iga 5-2 2nd set
Marketa's serve has let her down in this match, DFs didnt help her cause, she also needed to play more aggressive against Iga and step in the court more
Iga with 2 MP
Just a wonderful display of tennis from Iga, making a statement in the business week of RG
Swiatek d Vondrousova 60 62
Swiatek will play Gauff in the SF
Not just the serve let her down. It's her whole attitude. It's like she and coach didn't formulate a gameplan. She's played Iga before so no surprise in what she's going to do. Nobody is really expecting Tatoo to win, but I'd like to see more competitive fire from these players. This is a grand slam. If you don't plan on bringing it, then lose gracefully so the next person up can.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Not just the serve let her down. It's her whole attitude. It's like she and coach didn't formulate a gameplan. She's played Iga before so no surprise in what she's going to do. Nobody is really expecting Tatoo to win, but I'd like to see more competitive fire from these players. This is a grand slam. If you don't plan on bringing it, then lose gracefully so the next person up can.
Agree, with her attitude at times she just rolled her eyes and looked to her box? as I mentioned she had to be more aggressive against Iga, take the ball on more which she didnt do, throughout the match, also her shoulder was more heavily taped than usual
It will be interesting to see how she performs in the grass season, she is the defending champion at Wimby, going on today's performance she needs to improve in a lot of areas'

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Osaka match proved that Iga is beatable. Sometimes, I wish Osaka never lost focus and Barty never retired. The WTA today lacks toughness and makes Iga look way better than she actually is.
Any player is beaten on any given day, you have to show up
The conditions when Osaka nearly defeated Iga, the roof was closed for starters?
Hot and sunny conditions suit Iga's game more on clay, when the roof is open? I suggest you watch her last 2 games?
Please dont make me laugh when you say Iga looks way better than she actually is?
I will post the stats for Iga if you wish and see what a foolish statement you have just made?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rybakina out of sorts soo far in this match, and Jasime who has been playing great aggressive tennis gets the double break and will serve for the 1st set 5-2
Jasmine has yet to drop a point on serve so far in this match
Jasmine UFE 1
Rybakina 16
In less than 1/2 hour Jasmine wins the 1st set 62

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan